Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Gojira tonight and Guns N Roses on Saturday. Gojira playing the Forum which I'm very excited about, not as excited about the Gunners at the G, never been to a show at the G, not expecting much sound wise.

Saw them last time at the MCG and moved around a few spots until I found a spot where it sounded decent enough.

Managed to cobble together a few tickets for Phoebe Bridgers at Margaret Courth Arena this Wednesday night Feb 8th. Very much looking forward to seeing her live. Great songwriting and vocal style.

Managed to cobble together a few tickets for Phoebe Bridgers at Margaret Courth Arena this Wednesday night Feb 8th. Very much looking forward to seeing her live. Great songwriting and vocal style.
Really want to see her but can’t justify a laneway ticket just for her.

Getting dragged to Post Malone on Thursday, trying to keep an open mind but I really don't like his music.

Oh yeah RHCP are playing too, they are a pretty ordinary live band, I think there's a chance we'll be leaving early.

From the sounds of it people are enjoying Post Malone more than the RHCP.

And a few complaints that they don't play 'Under the bridge' at some shows.

From the sounds of it people are enjoying Post Malone more than the RHCP.

And a few complaints that they don't play 'Under the bridge' at some shows.
Knew nothing about Post Moloney other than a few songs i recognised from kids playing in the car… as a performer he was good and got me interested enough to check out his stuff.

RHCP we’re good enough the crowd was there to hear the hits, which was a little under half their set, the rest was newer stuff which was ok

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw RHCP at Marvel last night and while they can potentially be potted for crowd engagement (have you seen Tool live?) for 3 60yo’s and the return of Frusciante they are bloody tight and rocked the house down in my opinion.

I saw them in 2019 with Klinghoffer and they sucked.

What Frusciante brings to that band is just beautiful.

And to add to that, they played UTB which was great and being a nice night in Melbourne the roof was open. Open air concerts always hit better.

Saw RHCP at Marvel last night and while they can potentially be potted for crowd engagement (have you seen Tool live?)

other than flea saying he was born at Burwood hospital and lived in mt Waverly, I had no idea what they were saying or talking about the rest of the time.

RHCP we’re good enough the crowd was there to hear the hits, which was a little under half their set, the rest was newer stuff which was ok
People have been pointing out, it's not a greatest hits tour, it's a tour in support of two albums they released last year. Don't think people can complain because their expectations are misguided.

This sums it up pretty well, if not a little too strongly written.

I guess the problem with a band like RHCP and is often the issue with Metallica - so many of the early followers of the bands are loyal to their early work and don't respect the later work.

I think Metallica are a little different as they seem to have more cover in terms of generational fans.. I think the issue with RHCP is that their releases from 'I'm With You' onwards have been way off their peak with the exception of maybe one or two songs that did OK. They're not albums that generarations to come will talk about, especially in the way they might talk about BSSM or Californication.

People have been pointing out, it's not a greatest hits tour, it's a tour in support of two albums they released last year. Don't think people can complain because their expectations are misguided.

lol

Being misguided has certainly never stopped you from complaining!
giphy.gif

I guess the problem with a band like RHCP and is often the issue with Metallica - so many of the early followers of the bands are loyal to their early work and don't respect the later work.

I think the real issue is they are playing it at some shows and not at others.

The ticket prices are expensive, either play it at every show or don't play it at all.

I think the real issue is they are playing it at some shows and not at others.

The ticket prices are expensive, either play it at every show or don't play it at all.

Is it fair to simply demand 'you must play Under the bridge' at every concert though?

A big band with a big catalogue is always going to have issues with not playing the songs people want to hear. I was happy with the setlist in Melbourne but mind you, it did feature UTB. Without it, I may have questioned it..

A mate of mine was disappointed that they didn't play 'Around the world'... I would love to see Breaking the girl played live but I could also really appreciate Wet Sand, Venice Queen, Midnight, Otherside etc etc..

As in my original comment, the same thing happens when I see Metallica live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back