Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love if they played a lot off the first three LP's. I still haven't really listened to Reflector properly (it's two discs, so it's difficult) and the bulk of the show seems to be those jams..

I forgot they'd released a tune. I just went and listened to it then and it sounds decent - they've definitely continued on that Wildlife sound. I just wish they'd go back to the sound of Somewhere.. in terms of the guitar licks, Jordans stream-of-consciousness lyrics, more dynamic. Wildlife seemed too structured.

It'll be killer none-the-less.
Yeah, Funeral and The Suburbs to an extent are the albums I enjoy the most. Have not heard the latest one.

I didn't really hear much progression with La Dispute's new song. And against popular opinion I far prefer Somewhere....to Wildlife.

Yeah, Funeral and The Suburbs to an extent are the albums I enjoy the most. Have not heard the latest one.

I didn't really hear much progression with La Dispute's new song. And against popular opinion I far prefer Somewhere....to Wildlife.

Touche Amore have taken the initial Vancouver sound and have built on it better than LD have.

I think Pianos Become The Teeth are doing what La Dispute are trying to do better at the moment as well.

Touche Amore have taken the initial Vancouver sound and have built on it better than LD have.

I think Pianos Become The Teeth are doing what La Dispute are trying to do better at the moment as well.
True.

But again I feel after many listens the new touché album whilst having better musicianship just doesn't do as much for me as the previous releases by them.

Pianos become the teeth are pretty good though.

Quiet Steps and Stockades although I am probably enjoying more from a local perspective.

True.

But again I feel after many listens the new touché album whilst having better musicianship just doesn't do as much for me as the previous releases by them.

Pianos become the teeth are pretty good though.

I think the songwriting is tighter though. I'll always have time for post-hardcore bands with interesting lyrics and unconventional song structures.

Quiet Steps and Stockades although I am probably enjoying more from a local perspective.

Love Stockades. I actually went to High School with a couple of the guys so it's great to see them doing so well. They've also built quite a lot on their initial sound and their first Ep had a lot of post-rock vibes about it.

Haven't heard Quiet Steps. I'll give them a listen.

I think the songwriting is tighter though. I'll always have time for post-hardcore bands with interesting lyrics and unconventional song structures.

Love Stockades. I actually went to High School with a couple of the guys so it's great to see them doing so well. They've also built quite a lot on their initial sound and their first Ep had a lot of post-rock vibes about it.

Haven't heard Quiet Steps. I'll give them a listen.
I only heard Stockades recently and am really impressed, they remind me of Quebec a lot. Quiet steps are a three piece from QLD who I think played with Stockades. Just a good hard working band.

P.S I am blackbooks I made the profile for someone wanting to talk footy and I was showing them how to post.

Unfortunately no because I was soft and feeling a bit out of it and couldn't be bothered getting down to Richmond...
Fair enough.i wanted to go but had commitments.

You're profile pic is the best Defiance,Ohio album still I'd say, especially the song Bikes and Bridges.

Yes the old bird has served me well on a number of different fora - On those that I had a signature on, it was simply

-- share what ya got --

:thumbsu: top album and rad people too - my old band played their final show with them in Adelaide back in 2008 on their first Australian tour. When they found out it was our last gig, they offered and asked if we wanted to headline! There was never a chance we would want to go on after them, but it was nice of them to think of things like that

Whic
Yes the old bird has served me well on a number of different fora - On those that I had a signature on, it was simply

-- share what ya got --

:thumbsu: top album and rad people too - my old band played their final show with them in Adelaide back in 2008 on their first Australian tour. When they found out it was our last gig, they offered and asked if we wanted to headline! There was never a chance we would want to go on after them, but it was nice of them to think of things like that
What band was that?I loved that tour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Dead Letter Circus and Karnivool this Saturday in Sydney. Both bands put on a good show. I'd love to know why Karnivool have pretty much ditched Shutter Speed from their live routine. A great tune that is perfectly up tempo for live music.

Been a few months since I've been to a show. Only went to about half a dozen last year. Need to get back into the scene. Don't know why I've dropped off it so much in the last 12-18 months. Coincided with moving back to Sydney which is not surprising enough.

very good show. at 60 bucks that's about as good a value as you can get.

i really think dead letter have got a huge future.

ian kenny has gone from looking like a junkie to god fearing sunday morning church goer. they still put on a cracking show.

I saw Remi., The Underachievers and Joey Bada$$ w/ CJ Fly last month and they were all ****ing amazing!

I want and saw A$AP Rocky and Wiz Khalifa this month. A$VP was underwhelming but Wiz was ****ing amazing.

I'm hoping to go see Tyga in a couple of months and maybe Earl Sweatshirt next month.

Going to see ken stringfellow tommorow at the caravan m.c , played for years with REM and had his own cracking band called the Posies , then friday at the San Remo pub a band called dave garnham and the reasons to live , caught them while sitting down having a cold one at the Mindal market in Darwin 6 months ago , and they rocked then cant wait for the mighty Dan Sultan at the corner early March , caught Ron S Peno and the superstitions at the old bar fitzroy 2 weeks ago , any Died Pretty fans out there , do yourself a favour see this man or buy his cd , he is back in form bigtime.

caught Ron S Peno and the superstitions at the old bar fitzroy 2 weeks ago , any Died Pretty fans out there , do yourself a favour see this man or buy his cd , he is back in form bigtime.

Or any fan of finely crafted music and a cracking performance of music that has a wonderful burn.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

caught Ron S Peno and the superstitions at the old bar fitzroy 2 weeks ago , any Died Pretty fans out there , do yourself a favour see this man or buy his cd , he is back in form bigtime.

They're the support for the first Melbourne Sunnyboys gig. Huxton Creepers supporting on the second night. Both nights are great lineups - I'm going to both shows.

On an aside, I saw Ron get up with the Hitmen last year (or was it the year before that?) and sing some songs (Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult, Suspicious Minds by Elvis, Shake Some Action by the Flamin' Groovies). It was pretty awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back