Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard Iron Maiden hit the stage at 8.50, not complaining just don't think I've ever gone to a concert where the main act has gone on before 9

also one thing about the setlist

No number of the beast or run to the hills :(

Jamie Lee Curtis wondered aloud why more concerts weren't held during the day time instead of until all hours of the night, particularly these legacy acts that appeal to middle aged people. Maybe Iron Maiden were just being considerate of their audience :tearsofjoy:

How was last night?
I'm seeing them this Saturday at Rod Laver

They were on fine form Sunday night. It was a good blend of the classics and the newer stuff, mostly from Senjutsu. The performance from the band and the energy was incredible, exactly what you'd expect from Iron Maiden. You're in for a treat.

Heard Iron Maiden hit the stage at 8.50, not complaining just don't think I've ever gone to a concert where the main act has gone on before 9

also one thing about the setlist

No number of the beast or run to the hills :(
Who cares that there was no Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills, they played five songs from Somewhere in Time including Alexander the Great, that's peak Maiden

Anyone who cared enough to look at the Iron Maiden set lists would see that they’re not getting an airing on the current tour.

I can’t recall them being on the set list for the Maiden sideshow I saw when they came out with Soundwave - they were phenomenal that night.

I’m not a huge Maiden fan but I was very impressed by their show- musically they were tight as a fish’s bum and Bruce Dickinson is up there as one of the greatest metal frontmen of all time.

Pretty disappointed about Catfish and the Bottlemen cancelling their shows.
They were good at Sefton Park a few months ago but kinda forgettable like just turning up and playing the songs. No interaction really. I'm shocked they're trying to do stadiums in the UK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were good at Sefton Park a few months ago but kinda forgettable like just turning up and playing the songs. No interaction really. I'm shocked they're trying to do stadiums in the UK.
I saw them years ago before they broke up and thought it was a good gig. Not surprised if they are going through the motions though. At least on the plus side I can put the coin towards Bombay Bicycle Club or Caribou.

The Vanns are coming back to Perth, seen them twice in the past 12 months, so was prepared to give it a miss. Then I see it's 'Acoustic and Intimate'. I feel like their sound will go beautifully with this. They may have reeled me back in. Only $50 too.

Teen Jesus also coming to Freo in November for $45... tempted.

The Vanns are coming back to Perth, seen them twice in the past 12 months, so was prepared to give it a miss. Then I see it's 'Acoustic and Intimate'. I feel like their sound will go beautifully with this. They may have reeled me back in. Only $50 too.

Teen Jesus also coming to Freo in November for $45... tempted.
Don’t think I’ve ever listened to the Vanns.

I’ve missed having more intimate gigs around Perth. Since covid, I’ve felt like every man and his dog just heads to whatever’s on instead of actually being a fan of the music (which is fine of course but sometimes just feels like it can ruin the atmosphere).

this one!

AFL-themed, for a good cause.

Come scream for your team.

Wednesday 25 September at Brunswick Ballroom

Tickets - https://moshtix.com.au/v2/event/for-the-jumper-2024/169862

Some big names have been over the years, seen Bob Murphy there, coupla other AFL players.

Now PM (then just a Hawks tragic opposition MP) Albo, pissed as a newt and singing the Hawks theme with the Hawks team about 10 years ago.

DOORS 6:30PM // KITCHEN OPENS 6:30PM // FIRST BOUNCE 7PM

The best night of the sporting and music calendar is back! And what better way to celebrate our three favourite things: FOOTY, MUSIC and YOU, than to assemble a bunch of us bone crunching battlers with the traditional coming together of ‘FOR THE JUMPER’.

For all you virgins to the cause, FTJ is a night featuring bands made entirely of supporters of each AFL team, playing their club theme song and a song relating to their team or team's season in some way. Playing order to follow the finishing positions on the ladder (bottom team plays first etc).

Come watch all your favourites sing odes to their favourites. They’ll leave nothing in the tank, so how are we to expect any less from you!?

$17.99 + bf with all proceeds going to Fellowship for Indigenous Leadership
indigenousfellowship.net.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back