YVMDFL- Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right finger, you guessing again! Sounds like your worried another divvy 2 team might come up and beat your lovely team....

First it won't be Seville, the finals aren't played on small mud heaps. Second they've basically decided that if they did by some chance they havnt got the cattle to compete in Div 1.

Who is his team?[/quote]

you can ask the SHEEP DOG himself, but he wont tell you because this way he hides behind his little desk with his hand on his you know what:D, and bags everyone and anything he can and can gets away with it. he surely is a big man this finger aint he, sitting in his corner? got laid yet buddy?:p our is your finger starting to bend from sitting on it too long??:thumbsu:

What is going on at poweltown I see rocky colliins played on the weekend woul be interesting to know how he got a clearence from whittlesea

Can't help but reply -
1/. first of all Hump - possibly the best post of the year - love your work
2/. second - I have a massive amount of respect for Andy - we all know his best footy is past him - we are a very young side needing a few bigger bodies - I have always said horses for courses! Perfect Match up for No.18 at Wandin I reckon - keeps him to 2 goals or less - he has beaten him! Will Wandin have the balls to clear him in time?

Deano, if youve done your review of Saturdays game can you let us know how Snorkel went? Played him on the clubrooms wing Id assume?

Deano, if youve done your review of Saturdays game can you let us know how Snorkel went? Played him on the clubrooms wing Id assume?

Not sure what happened - the big fella got through training on Tuesday but was a no show Thursday - couldn't select him in the end!
As for the other big fella - Clearance wasn't though Thursday Night so didn't go down that path either! Bit of fun!
Looking forward to a cold beer in front of that fire of yours!

Was great to see Shane Wanre at the Belgrave Reserve on Saturday watching some local footy, and even better by him for actually spending time with the boy he sponsors and not just opening his wallet! :thumbsu: :) :thumbsu:

What is going on at poweltown I see rocky colliins played on the weekend woul be interesting to know how he got a clearence from whittlesea

Playing one game then back to Whittlesea, can't see the point really what does it achieve? Yeah in 2nd Divy one player can win a game for you but how foes it help long term if there not there finals time.

A
Playing one game then back to Whittlesea, can't see the point really what does it achieve? Yeah in 2nd Divy one player can win a game for you but how foes it help long term if there not there finals time.yes but are clearences even open still,and im not sooking im not a yarra man

A
Playing one game then back to Whittlesea, can't see the point really what does it achieve? Yeah in 2nd Divy one player can win a game for you but how foes it help long term if there not there finals time.yes but are clearences even open still,and im not sooking im not a yarra man
Clearances are still open-close 30th June

Great game at the potato chip. Both sides were impressive, especially the way Emerald moved the ball out of their backline. Thought it was a great effort getting over the line without Jones. Good Job by Mark Holly on Cox, probably the difference in the end. The ground was in sh*thouse condition for this early on in the season, which suited us better with older in and under players like shore, senior and aikens in their element.

Not much between these 2 sides, already looking forward to watching next time.

Surprised that Powelly's 1s and 2s gave Junction a touch up on the weekend! Anyone at the game?

Great game at the potato chip. Both sides were impressive, especially the way Emerald moved the ball out of their backline. Thought it was a great effort getting over the line without Jones. Good Job by Mark Holly on Cox, probably the difference in the end. The ground was in sh*thouse condition for this early on in the season, which suited us better with older in and under players like shore, senior and aikens in their element.

Not much between these 2 sides, already looking forward to watching next time.

Surprised that Powelly's 1s and 2s gave Junction a touch up on the weekend! Anyone at the game?

brent peirrra to join kane jones on the side line for a while with a knee injury. big loss for seville those 2 out!
as for the powelly game, looked at the side selection and junction had a fair few handy players out, so i wouldnt read to much into it well connected.

How is everyones ground shaping up. Have heard a few gripes on here about a few grounds - how is your teams?

Gembrooks is perfect - must be the light breeze that runs across it and drys it out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is everyones ground shaping up. Have heard a few gripes on here about a few grounds - how is your teams?

Gembrooks is perfect - must be the light breeze that runs across it and drys it out...

Yarra Glen has firmed up nicely after a bit of a slog on Saturday. Goes from one extreme to another very quickly depending on the amt of water in the Yarra. Will be near perfect come Saturday.

As previously mentioned, you need gumboots to get around the potato chip. Wont help the boys come finals time, they would almost be better playing and training away for the rest of the year.

Are they ever gonna have that ground done?

First division tipsters struggling to tip a winner (V8PetrolHead being the most obvious example) might assert that 2011 is a very even season. Actually, by analysing the percentages of all ten teams, we can show that division one this season is the most even season ever:

After 7 rounds

Year Competition Standard deviation
2011 YVMDFL Division 1 12.1%
1958 Yarra Valley F. L. 14.6%
1992 YVMDFL Division 1 16.7%
1956 Yarra Valley F. L. 18.4%
1965 Mountain District F. A. 18.7%
1934 Yarra Valley F. A. 22.7%
1981 YVMDFL Division 2 22.8%
1961 Yarra Valley F. L. 22.9%
1974 YVMDFL Division 1 24.5%
1961 Mountain District F. A. 24.7%
1996 YVMDFL Division 1 25.0%
1982 YVMDFL Division 1 25.1%

The most uneven season in recent years was Second Division in 1989. The standard deviation of the percentages was 109.5% after 7 rounds, and had increased to 114.0% by the end of the season. End of season percentages of the eight clubs that season were:

Wandin 325.7%
Powelltown 265.4%
Yarra Junction 217.0%
Belgrave 161.3%
Silvan 95.0%
Seville 67.6%
South Belgrave 23.5%
Panton Hill 22.0%

38 of the 72 matches that year were decided by more than 100 points, including 14 by 200 points or more. Biggest win was Wandin’s 319-point pounding of South Belgrave on 27 May.

This season, Second Division was rating 45% after 7 rounds, making it a moderately even season.

The transfer window is closing soon, will anybody sneak in a few handy players by the end of the month or are all clubs pretty much set?

The transfer window is closing soon, will anybody sneak in a few handy players by the end of the month or are all clubs pretty much set?

I have heard rumours of a new ruckman at Seville but havent seen him play yet. Any truth in that one?

Must have been a fair last quarter by the blues on the weekend? 50 point turnaround... Shattered i didnt go, would have been worth the drive up to alex.

Geez it's quiet on here at the min. Any reports from the weekends games? I saw the dogs pinch the game against the warby boys. Dogs good for 3 quarters and warby threw away chance after chance in the last 10 mins to win the game. Comp is completely pissed if you ask me, upway then anyone as far as I can see.

A whisper in the winds at the moment is that Patty Ratray has gone walkabout. Apparantly made himself unavailable on the weekend for no reason??? Now i did hear it from my best mates - auntie's - in laws - dogs - landlord so not sure how much truth. Anyone from Warby care to shed some light??? Also heard that Muir has done his hammy for the 3rd time this season??? Getting to a cronic stage now yeah??

Yarra Glen has firmed up nicely after a bit of a slog on Saturday. Goes from one extreme to another very quickly depending on the amt of water in the Yarra. Will be near perfect come Saturday.

Checked out the fabulous venue on the weekend. Wow - what a ground. In great nick just as Deano predicted as well. Not a drop of mud to be seen - looked like an indoor stadium surface (I think after your smokes & mirrors the week before Deano - not to many took u serious ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back