trueblue27

Draftee
Apr 15, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
south dragons`
I know he did not play a game this year and is developing better than everyone thinks. He played in ruck a bit this year for the box hill hawks and did very well. Therefore can used as a backup ruck or backman.

One would think if hawks want okeefe they will ask for a first round and a player. Possibly, Zac and/or Boyle and first round.
Zac's name has been talked about and clarkson did hang him out to dry therefore one would think he could at least do him a favour and trade him on to a place were opportunity might be more prevelant.

Genuine thoughts please..

We found out he;s not a bad Ruckman/Forward at the end of the Box Hill Season, probably the worst thing he could of found out at his career at hawthorn

Probably rather upgrade a 4th rounder then to ask anything of him, i think he;'s gone, and so do the rest of the hawks fans, too little too late, some Handy/good games at the end of the box hill season up forward isnt going to get him another contract

fair call. Just think he is very stiff to not get another opp.
He should, i mean he could get a game for the Demons/Port and some other lower placed teams, but his value is about 0

Why bother trading with hawthorn, when you could easily guarentee him you'll pick him up in the PSD for a 1 year, 90k contract

I know he did not play a game this year and is developing better than everyone thinks. He played in ruck a bit this year for the box hill hawks and did very well. Therefore can used as a backup ruck or backman.

One would think if hawks want okeefe they will ask for a first round and a player. Possibly, Zac and/or Boyle and first round.
Zac's name has been talked about and clarkson did hang him out to dry therefore one would think he could at least do him a favour and trade him on to a place were opportunity might be more prevelant.

Genuine thoughts please..

Late first round or early second round

of the PSD

See its people like you who ruin this site. I asked for a geniune opinion. Thanks for adding you educated opinion.

that is my genuine opinion.

however if you would like me to articulate it better. hawthorn might float dawson around get no interest for him. they will then de list him and re aquire him in the preseaon draft, just for the heck of it. likely outcome he will be de listed and never heard of again until you read the pulse section in the hearald sun one sunday morning and there is a snippet about how anthony rocca kicked 20 goals on him in a local game for berwick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson would be worth very little on the trade table but would probably get an opportunity at another club if shopped around.

In his favor is the fact that he's a fringe player at a Premiership club. That might get other clubs thinking that maybe he just needs an opportunity. Tall defenders certainly don't grow on trees either.

With Croad gone for the early part of next season will be interesting if he retained for 1 more year.

Otherwise club slim in the forward department should take a punt on him.

Looking like a late developer.

You might take a punt, but you wouldn't throw anything of any real value out there for trade. The kid got fed to the wolves to "learn", got mauled, then got shelved and forgotten about. Doesn't exactly scream out for big value trading. Will only be a depth player for the Hawks - should seek oppurtunities elsewhere if he is serious about an AFL career. Someone will take a punt on him in the PSD I reckon if he chooses that pathway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson - Value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back