Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't worry about the cats as much as the Blues for Zac Merrett

However we would need a huge hand for him to move him this year.

If he goes next year he gets us a guaranteed top 3-4 pick one what seems a strong draft

The only way he moves is Harry McKay and I doubt Carlton want to do that

Ultimately I think he stays one more year and tries to convince him this is a good place to be around for the following few years (even with a down year next year). Depends if he wants success or if he wants a good work place. If it's a good work place then that's something Rutten and the club need to work on.

If this bloke leaves then it's GAME OVER!

What the actual heck is going on here?

Not sure being dumped from the leadership group could have something to do with it.

Was reported in the age that he won't be leaving and Essendon expect him to stay loyal weather he stays beyond next season who knows

That was to be expected and surely it's just a matter of him learning how to be LESS professional?

What on earth was he thinking in trying to lead by example?

Yeah I'm not sure rumour is that he gets frustrated at his team mates for not being at his level Merret is a footy nut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wants out. But he's smart enough to know they won't be able to broker a trade. Smells of Daniher all over again.
NEws flash bud, he doesn't want it. Sure, maybe some disagreements from within the playing group but this whole "he wants out" line you are some of your peers are totting out is absolute garbage.

Can you give me a link or a direct quote from an interview that says Zac wants to leave?

FWIW, Lloyd suggested in a purely hypethetical sense "what it" and then named Zac Merret.

Anyone wants him this year, we'd be hell bent on getting a very, very suitable deal for our best player.

Matthew Lloyd seems to think he wants out.
Are you talking about when Lloyd suggested a player who happened to be Merrett on Footy Classified last week?

IT could have been a raft of players. He went with our best player. The legs that has grown is really something else.

NEws flash bud, he doesn't want it. Sure, maybe some disagreements from within the playing group but this whole "he wants out" line you are some of your peers are totting out is absolute garbage.

Can you give me a link or a direct quote from an interview that says Zac wants to leave?

FWIW, Lloyd suggested in a purely hypethetical sense "what it" and then named Zac Merret.

Anyone wants him this year, we'd be hell bent on getting a very, very suitable deal for our best player.
Sorry bud, but half your list is trying to walk right now. Unless you've been hiding under a rock.
Zac, like Joe last year, is contracted obviously, and will get the same Dodo treatment this year.

I'd be sweating if he doesn't sign an extension this off season.

Sorry bud, but half your list is trying to walk right now. Unless you've been hiding under a rock.
Zac, like Joe last year, is contracted obviously, and will get the same Dodo treatment this year.

I'd be sweating if he doesn't sign an extension this off season.
Incorrect

You are simply making shit up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back