Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

No wonder they want out of that hell hole.

What a terrible way to deal with your players!
Carlton are damned if they do damned if they don't. I have read on BF 1000's of times by so many "experts" that we need to rebuild. Get rid of the old players for picks and start again. The club has been criticised in the past of purchasing the big name saviour. What do you suggest "list manager" we should do? Obviously you must of been involved in the resurgence of the cats into a power house back in the early 2000's. Please enlighten me on what we should do. Did the cats move anyone on to gain more picks?

Carlton are damned if they do damned if they don't. I have read on BF 1000's of times by so many "experts" that we need to rebuild. Get rid of the old players for picks and start again. The club has been criticised in the past of purchasing the big name saviour. What do you suggest "list manager" we should do? Obviously you must of been involved in the resurgence of the cats into a power house back in the early 2000's. Please enlighten me on what we should do. Did the cats move anyone on to gain more picks?
Done with this thread, don't waste your time SA

Henderson wasnt recruited to be 'tough' but as a replacement KPD for Geelongs aging back line. The fact that the he had the best season of his career when the team finished second on the ladder just goes to show what being in a good football environment can do for a player. Geelong will get Touhy for very little or for nothing.

I could be a good footballer playing as 3rd banana behind Taylor and Lonergan
Smedts is the last listed AFL player I'd want on my list. Carlton would be wise to stay the hell away from him.

Correct, the way Geelong supporters are talking Gold Coast should have offered the Gary Ablett jr deal to Smedts because he is that good.
Smedts is spud who will probably be delisted unless Wells can find some sucker club to offer for him.

I could be a good footballer playing as 3rd banana behind Taylor and Lonergan

Correct, the way Geelong supporters are talking Gold Coast should have offered the Gary Ablett jr deal to Smedts because he is that good.
Smedts is spud who will probably be delisted unless Wells can find some sucker club to offer for him.

Smedts is contracted so he is not getting delisted. As for henderson he is our best kpd currently.

We cannot trade next years first.

You can, but then you will need to have 2 round picks in 2018 draft, so you'll need to trade out a player worthy of a 1st round pick and keep it by then.

Hope that helps :)

You can, but then you will need to have 2 round picks in 2018 draft, so you'll need to trade out a player worthy of a 1st round pick and keep it by then.

Hope that helps :)
I'm well aware of that but the risks associated are too big and Wells and co wouldn't take that gamble.

Smedts is contracted so he is not getting delisted. As for henderson he is our best kpd currently.

Smedts has a contract?, we got the same problem with Liam Jones...stuck with him for 12 months, I feel your pain.
Henderson your best KPD, there is a damming admission...didnt Harry Taylor carry an injury in the finals?
Speaking from years of Hendo disappointment I'd be drafting some KP defenders, when the opponents get physical then Hendo usually gets going the other way.

Smedts is the last listed AFL player I'd want on my list. Carlton would be wise to stay the hell away from him.
Having trouble fronting up in your own threads? Don't you have a Mitchell, Fagan and Lewis mourning thread to fill up?

Go Catters

Having trouble fronting up in your own threads? Don't you have a Mitchell, Fagan and Lewis mourning thread to fill up?

Go Catters
Having trouble staying on topic? I believe it is against the board rules to play the man - as a mod you should know better.

Smedts has a contract?, we got the same problem with Liam Jones...stuck with him for 12 months, I feel your pain.
Henderson your best KPD, there is a damming admission...didnt Harry Taylor carry an injury in the finals?
Speaking from years of Hendo disappointment I'd be drafting some KP defenders, when the opponents get physical then Hendo usually gets going the other way.

No it's not damning. What's damning is you let him be wasted as a forward. Very good first year at the club and best KPD at the club is warranted.

Having trouble staying on topic? I believe it is against the board rules to play the man - as a mod you should know better.
Playing the man would be calling you a Geelong obsessed flog, which he didn't. Maybe go and discuss your farm sale on the Hawthorn threads and let the adults talk here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the Lewis memorial is two doors down. Same place the Mitchell one was.

As for Billy, he's still on our list and while you have no interest in him, he just needs a clean run to show his wares.

Go Catters

Last edited:

Well, its a pretty ordinary way to treat players.

Deliberately lowball senior players, in order to get them to seek other options, and then hopefully reap high draft picks when they leave. Then if no one wants to give you overs in deals - which effectively forces the player to stay at Carlton - make an increased offer (closer to what they actually deserve) to the now disgruntled and "used" player that in the knowledge that they have to really take it, and play out the years with all that terrible blood poisoning the relationship.

That is the scenario we were presented from a Blues poster on how they operate.

I say it is very, very poor.

Pretty sure the Lewis memorial is two doors down. Same place the Mitchell one was.

As for Billy, he's still on our list and while you have no interest in him, he just needs a clean run to show his wares.

Go Catters

I don't think Blues will get Nakia

If we land Darcy Lang or Mitch Duncan will be win for both clubs. Right now thinking will be more likely to get Darcy Lang

Well, its a pretty ordinary way to treat players.

Deliberately lowball senior players, in order to get them to seek other options, and then hopefully reap high draft picks when they leave. Then if no one wants to give you overs in deals - which effectively forces the player to stay at Carlton - make an increased offer (closer to what they actually deserve) to the now disgruntled and "used" player that in the knowledge that they have to really take it, and play out the years with all that terrible blood poisoning the relationship.

That is the scenario we were presented from a Blues poster on how they operate.

I say it is very, very poor.
We did put a three year contract supposedly in excess if 1 million on the table. He's probably a 400k player so I don't know that there is strategy behind it other than not over spending on the one position we have depth.

There has been a concerted effort to get contracts back into line with the AFL norm after a decade of players choosing their own terms.

If we land Darcy Lang or Mitch Duncan will be win for both clubs. Right now thinking will be more likely to get Darcy Lang
You won't get any of the 3. They're all contracted and don't wish to leave.

Then you have to find a player. I think Blues rather players than picks as Cats picks are not very appealing to anyone
you can have your choice of Jordan Murdoch, George Horlin Smith or Nathan Vardy should they agree to a trade as a matter of fact you can have all 3 as we are a generous club to deal with.

Yeah if Duncan wanted to leave Touhy plus pick 5 should do it

you can have your choice of Jordan Murdoch, George Horlin Smith or Nathan Vardy should they agree to a trade as a matter of fact you can have all 3 as we are a generous club to deal with.

SOS likes his multi player deals, GHS and Murdoch or one of with a pick might tempt him to do the trade and move on. Both are on the fringe at Geelong but might get more opportunities with us.
To be truthful Tuohy isnt a big loss and its all about winning the deal rather than losing Tuohy and a bit of quantity might get it done when both teams cant agree on the quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back