Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to move on now, Carlton are taking the piss.

Forget Tuohy and head to the draft.

Correct. Head to the draft.... and get Tuohy there :)

Reasonable offer from the Blues or we threaten the free option. Watch them fold like a cheap suit with an hour to spare.

One of the best clubs to deal with in trade week, perfectly shown last year when we without dispute handed over a future 1st round pick for Henderson, despite many in the media claiming an early 2nd would do the job, and now the Blues decide to play funny buggers and demand what is obviously not going to happen, in an attempt which I can only justify to be for the appeasement of their fans. Wells and the team should just finish the Kersten/Vardy deals and head off on holiday, these 'big 4' clubs just aren't worth the time I'm afraid.

Fine by me.

Maybe next year you'll take trade period seriously.
Maybe they should move Trade period out of school holidays.
Seems to be rubbing off..

Go Catters

But you have already offered $400k to Tuohy but don't want to trade for him, so who is being stupid here?

Still Carlton, and that much Is obvious if the rumours you're asking for Cockatoo in return are true.

But you have already offered $400k to Tuohy but don't want to trade for him, so who is being stupid here?
He came to us.

He's worth the SC hit for us.

What is not worthy is the kings ransom your lit are aiming for.

Hes OOC.

WE have always been fair in trading so instead of respecting that and going for something reasonable you are back to square 1 and swinging for the stands.

And thats why you have nothing.

SO enjoy your nothing as opposed to something.

Go Catters

Of course Geelong would trade for him, but requesting a former top 10 draft pick and one of the more exciting young talents in the game for an out of contract half back flanker who is 3rd in line at your club is just ludicrous. I almost hope we don't get the deal done even if it is massively in our favour, just as principle to show how silly your club has acted.

Of course Geelong would trade for him, but requesting a former top 10 draft pick and one of the more exciting young talents in the game for an out of contract half back flanker who is 3rd in line at your club is just ludicrous. I almost hope we don't get the deal done even if it is massively in our favour, just as principle to show how silly your club has acted.

Well make an offer - $400k puts him top 25% 26 years old in free agency speak thats somewhere in between band 2 and 3.. how much simpler does one need to make it for you?

You just don't have anything to trade with ,

It is just not clear to us at the Cats what your bargaining chips are. From where I sit, its take it or leave it for the Blues. Sure, it sucks to lose a quality player for unders, but unders is better than nothing. Im pretty sure we will get Tuohy, for cheap, one way or the other - but if we don't, we have Thurlow coming back and a couple of handy mids who can pinch hit pretty well in the role. Tuohy is not make or break for the Cats. In that context, Carlton sitting on this deal is ridiculous.

Well make an offer - $400k puts him top 25% 26 years old in free agency speak thats somewhere in between band 2 and 3.. how much simpler does one need to make it for you?

You just don't have anything to trade with ,
If we needed a pick in the late 20's-30's the club would find a way to manage that pretty smartly. I'd imagine Carlton requesting one of two highly rated, contracted, former 1st round draft picks with a couple years of experience under their belt has stopped this in its tracks. Lang has already come out and said he wants no part of it, so SOS has turned his attention to Cockatoo. Silly SOSauge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is just not clear to us at the Cats what your bargaining chips are. From where I sit, its take it or leave it for the Blues. Sure, it sucks to lose a quality player for unders, but unders is better than nothing. Im pretty sure we will get Tuohy, for cheap, one way or the other - but if we don't, we have Thurlow coming back and a couple of handy mids who can pinch hit pretty well in the role. Tuohy is not make or break for the Cats. In that context, Carlton sitting on this deal is ridiculous.

You have offered Tuohy $400k but not offered anything to trade... you are waiting on other trades to come through like Richmonds Pick 27 but you guys are hatching eggs. This is not our fault - it seems we are trying to push a trade through for you

Wowee Richo check out the meltdown in here. You guys realise trades aren't actually conducted via bigfooty, or via the media right?

We'll take Weitering and Cripps and 2E.

You can have Mots and pick 30.

See I can put stupid shit out there too just to get a response.

Go Catters

We want to trade for him we just wont trade players who dont want to go (we cant anyway). Anyway this thread is a bit overblown-with 1/2 hr to go on thursday carlton will take our 2nd rounder rather than lose him for nothing in the draft. The rest is just bluster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back