Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuohy is a durable good player, very quick with a beautiful kick on him - makes a mockery of Motlop

Thats why he wants to go to Geelong to show you guys how good he is when he goes one on one with Motlop at training.

What would be an acceptable solution?
You need to get a mid 2nd rounder (same value as Hibbert who is similar in a lot of ways).

As much as we all like to laugh at the Tigers, last year the did what they needed to to get Yarran. We wanted their first and initially offered a fairly late 2nd rounder. So they went out and got 19. Reluctantly the deal went through.

Geelong need to upgrade their second rounder.

If Tuohy is valued a mid 2nd round pick that makes it around 750 points

So... Tuohy + pick 45 = 1,098

This equals to Geelongs 2017 first round pick (pick 16-18)

Pesky AFL rules prevent that

I want a pick from 20-25. We got 21 for Bell last year. 27 would do it in a pinch. Maybe 38 and a fringe player we are interested in.

For SOS, a best 22 player to replace a best 22 player.

I want a pick from 20-25. We got 21 for Bell last year. 27 would do it in a pinch. Maybe 38 and a fringe player we are interested in.

Hopefully for carltons sake sos thinks more like you and less like him.

Points are only used to measure academy players and father/son bidding selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance you could take SOS's place for the next few days, that is a much more equitable trade for both sides than what SOS's looks to be after

Any chance you could take SOS's place for the next few days, that is a much more equitable trade for both sides than what SOS's looks to be after

A few weeks back I was hopeful of a late 1st for him. Out of contract and shopping himself around, we have no leverage.

If a 3 way deal meant geelong traded their pick 38 and cockatoo and got tuohy and deledio, would geelong supporters be satisfied?

If a 3 way deal meant geelong traded their pick 38 and cockatoo and got tuohy and deledio, would geelong supporters be satisfied?
Geelong won't trade Cockatoo.

You have offered Tuohy $400k but not offered anything to trade... you are waiting on other trades to come through like Richmonds Pick 27 but you guys are hatching eggs. This is not our fault - it seems we are trying to push a trade through for you
I'm not privy to what the club has offered, but it is not really important. The Tuohy deal will get done, because you can't pay him what we can and you won't want to lose him for nothing. We can afford to lose him, we have Thurlow, Guthrie, Ruggles, Kolo and Mackie as options off halfback, with Lang, Cowan, Murdoch and possibly Bartel pushing for a spot.

So a deal will get done, and we will do our best to flip a good return, but I wouldn't get excited about this trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back