Central Murray FL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

He chose to bump. 1. it was high 2. it was intentional 3. the impact was severe enough to leave the player unconscious and with a broken jaw. Agreed the elbow is not raised however he has chosen to bump, gotten a player head high and for that reason he has to get weeks.
It was an ugly hit. I dont think Filo intended to do the damage he did. But agree he elected to bump and collected him high resulting in a horrific injury to Taylor.
Should get anywhere from 4-8 weeks suspension.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was an ugly hit. I dont think Filo intended to do the damage he did. But agree he elected to bump and collected him high resulting in a horrific injury to Taylor.
Should get anywhere from 4-8 weeks suspension.

It's not the AFL, 2-3 weeks is appropriate, it wasn't behind play, not much different to the Stewart bump in AFL, probably not as bad as the ball was there, as I said footy is a brutal physical game especially finals, you need to show physical presence, it's not great for the player on the receiving end unfortunately, but there wasn't intention to break his jaw, it was a footy action and why people enjoy country footy compared to the AFL

It's not the AFL, 2-3 weeks is appropriate, it wasn't behind play, not much different to the Stewart bump in AFL, probably not as bad as the ball was there, as I said footy is a brutal physical game especially finals, you need to show physical presence, it's not great for the player on the receiving end unfortunately, but there wasn't intention to break his jaw, it was a footy action and why people enjoy country footy compared to the AFL

Fair bump play on back when we started old mate…in fact you wild have got dragged and branded weak of you didn’t drill the bloke in those circumstances.

Having said that the game has changed and for the better. My mangled head and mooshed brain is a result of the old style.

I think he gets a couple but definitely not a dog act…Footywas there, wasn’t an elbow or swinging arm.

I feel for the bloke injured as I genuinely know his pain…all too well

Was the supposed building connection in Woorinen/Swan Hill/Mallee or elsewhere? Rumours in Melbourne was he was still living and working there …
It was supposed to be in Swan Hill, apparently the only reason he wasn't playing at Keilor

The big cohuna ground suited kerangs mids and runners, the key to next week's game is to bypass Hammond, if cohuna can stop kerangs run and make them kick long, they'll go a long way to winning their first senior flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe he will stay on, as from all reports really enjoyed it there and the club embraced him.
There was a fair bit of noise around on the weekend that there is some internal conflict at Woorinen during the past week and a bit. By the sounds of it a few guys will not be back. Not sure if that includes Veszpremi though.

Trent plenty of players do the trip mate and some enjoy the drive especially if they travel up Fridays and return Sunday. Just saying.

They sure do and good luck to them. The conversation started because the reason for his clearance after the start of the season was that he was moving to Swan Hill for a building apprenticeship/job. That clearly hasn’t been the case. No issue with it but that’s why it’s been a topic

Trent plenty of players do the trip mate and some enjoy the drive especially if they travel up Fridays and return Sunday. Just saying.

They sure do and good luck to them. The conversation started because the reason for his clearance after the start of the season was that he was moving to Swan Hill for a building apprenticeship/job. That clearly hasn’t been the case. No issue with it but that’s why it’s been a topic
You hope the AFL Vic guys are over it, koondrook Barham copped a fine for going over, a playing coach gets some of the salary not included in the cap, clearly not coaching, I'm not sure wooras payments will be as high as this year to him either if he does come back

You hope the AFL Vic guys are over it, koondrook Barham copped a fine for going over, a playing coach gets some of the salary not included in the cap, clearly not coaching, I'm not sure wooras payments will be as high as this year to him either if he does come back
Why’s that mate. How did he go this season at Woora??

Why’s that mate. How did he go this season at Woora??
I think he missed a few home and away games with injuries, I think he had a pretty decent home and away form when he was on the park, but didn't get in the best in the three finals they played, I'd assume they recruited him to win their hat trick of flags, which didn't happen, they might recruit 3 good players instead of one next year

I think he missed a few home and away games with injuries, I think he had a pretty decent home and away form when he was on the park, but didn't get in the best in the three finals they played, I'd assume they recruited him to win their hat trick of flags, which didn't happen, they might recruit 3 good players instead of one next year
Pretty sure he hurt his ribs in one of the earlier finals. Not sure if they were cracked or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back