2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I really rate Knobel, you wonder why we bothered flying Reidy to Adelaide if he wasn’t playing. I anticipate it was a good chance to see Knobel as the first ruck and he acquitted himself well.

I think they should both be playing WAFL seniors. Reidy learning more forward craft would be valuable.
IIRC Reidy was primarily a forward until the year before we drafted him, when he transitioned into a ruckman.

Never forget that game Matera played in the GF in 92. I didn't watch much footy at that point and I didn't hate the Eagles, was just mostly indifferent to them but I loved watching some of their players - Kemp was just lovely to watch, the precision of McKenna off half back and even Worsfold was good value when he put some of the big Vics like Dermie on their asses. I loved Mainwaring (knew him personally) and Heady was good to watch.

But Matera was something else that day. Just one of the great individual games of football.
My folks are foreigners and we knew nothing about footy but the whole of WA stopped to watch that game and I didn’t want to be left out. I was just mesmerised by Matera. Absolutely put the love of footy into me. Why I’m a sad sack on big footy now 😆 I tried to look for highlights a while ago to see if it matched my memories but the quality was garbage.

Not Judd but we’ve been huge on him since day dot. I’m convinced there is a very good AFL player there and it sucks he was injured for half the preseason and start of the year. Like Draper, just had AFL traits.

I’m going to be very annoyed if we can’t turn him into a player or lose him this year

I think Knobel could be one of the best from the next gen.
Time he is 22-23 if he is not at Freo we will be gutted.
I know its a very small sample size in terms of how much we've seen Knobel play but the most exciting thing about his ruckwork is how well he directs the taps he wins. Being the son of an afl ruckman Im not surprised he has great tocuh with his ruckwork. We picked up three great prospects at the 2022 draft in Draper, Davies and Knobel. Getting three tall players with great potential using no top 32 picks was a great effort by Walls.

I agree completely there is just something about Stanley that makes him look like a potential afl regular. His long kicking is probably the most exciting attribute he possesses.

In 2-3 years time the AFL landscape can change dramatically, including internally at Fremantle. We have our rucks on long term deals but shyte happens and opportunities arise. Having an emerging ruck is important.

I think Knobel would also be silly to head back now. Start dominating Peel with no pressure to perform at a club with a proven record of developing rucks then if you still can’t get a look in, join the ruck merry go round at 23/24
The man has Darcy and Jackson as mentors and training buddies. Amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll get a break. Emergency but probably managed/rested
Could he be the gameday emergency? Both other emergencies (Davies and Simpson) named for Peel.

Just an aside how lucky are we to have Brady Grey guiding our young blokes on the field at Peel.

He is a good role model for them.

The couple of Peel games I have seen he is actually playing some good footy this season.

Just an aside how lucky are we to have Brady Grey guiding our young blokes on the field at Peel.

He is a good role model for them.

The couple of Peel games I have seen he is actually playing some good footy this season.
Nathan Wilson too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back