Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they had a free graphic design intern they could make an ad like that.
I'm pretty sure they already do.

It's the only thing that explains this, so you would've thought they'd offer some pay incentive.

I'm pretty sure they already do.

It's the only thing that explains this, so you would've thought they'd offer some pay incentive.

So you can't wait for them to Lcoemwe their new intern?

Didn't Toby Greene get the ball before making any contact with the Carlton player?

Interesting article.
Naive me just assumed Harley's issues were not drug related, rather a biological predisposition to depression/anxiety.
Whilst the AFL probably do more to protect thei players than 99% of other workplaces, you have to wonder what the effect of sweeping things under a rug has had.
On the counter side, naming and shaming Harley probably wouldn't have been the best course of action either.
AFL is in a pretty difficult spot if you ask me.

1713929364128.png

Interesting article.
Naive me just assumed Harley's issues were not drug related, rather a biological predisposition to depression/anxiety.
Whilst the AFL probably do more to protect thei players than 99% of other workplaces, you have to wonder what the effect of sweeping things under a rug has had.
On the counter side, naming and shaming Harley probably wouldn't have been the best course of action either.
AFL is in a pretty difficult spot if you ask me.

View attachment 1969096
Not sure it's "naming and shaming". It's Harley's father who is driving this, challenging the AFL's current (patently ridiculous and self-serving) doping rules.

No, never touched it, realised he wasn't going to get it and tucked the arms in.

As mentioned in one of the footy shows...are we going to end up with a 'right of way' for players going for the footy?
He does get the ball

Three photos below:
He jumps
Dislodges the football
Crashes into the player

Screenshot_20240424_130741_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_130753_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_130841_X.jpg

I thought you meant in his marking attempt.

That would be illegal front on contact anyway? He wasn't trying to mark it and hits the Carlton player's hands first (with his shoulder).
The fact is if he kept his eye on the ball and actually attempted a mark he would've been fine.

He didn't so he got a game.

The fact is if he kept his eye on the ball and actually attempted a mark he would've been fine.

He didn't so he got a game.
Players aren't obliged to kamikaze-ly hurl themselves into a contest with no self awareness or leave themselves wide open

Kick intended for Greene
He flies for the ball
Carlton player courageously goes back with the flight
Carlton player gets there a millisecond earlier
Greene realises this and braces for contact
First contact knocks the ball out of the Carlton player's grasp
Greene then makes contact shoulder-to-head with Carlton player

Apart from stepping aside I'm not sure how he's supposed to approach that contest

Players aren't obliged to kamikaze-ly hurl themselves into a contest with no self awareness or leave themselves wide open

Kick intended for Greene
He flies for the ball
Carlton player courageously goes back with the flight
Carlton player gets there a millisecond earlier
Greene realises this and braces for contact
First contact knocks the ball out of the Carlton player's grasp
Greene then makes contact shoulder-to-head with Carlton player

Apart from stepping aside I'm not sure how he's supposed to approach that contest
How did he realise that in a millisecond? He had already decided not to attempt the mark.

How did he realise that in a millisecond? He had already decided not to attempt the mark.
Yeah there's some overlap

But he jumped for the ball, realised that the Carlton guy was going to get there first and then braced

All happens in a split second and as I said I'm not sure what else he could have done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there's some overlap

But he jumped for the ball, realised that the Carlton guy was going to get there first and then braced

All happens in a split second and as I said I'm not sure what else he could have done
He's definitely unlucky and I don't think he tried to flatten the bloke. Just think he was always I'm trouble for taking his eye off the ball.

But like you say, he's basically penalised for being more responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back