News 2024 AFL Fixture Discussion & Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea where the best place to put this is but figured this was okay.

Considering flying over for the round 10 clash vs Bulldogs. Think it’ll be a good game, thinking it might even be Ward’s 300th. Haven’t been to Giants stadium before. Question as to seating, out of sections 210 and 238 which is better? Different sides of the ground. $40, seems good. Could go slightly more central seats for $52 or prime for $60 something. Any help would be amazing!

I'd go 210, closer to the stadium entrance, cheer squad, more food/drink options and amenities. Less open to the elements. I think 210 would have more of a vibe due to being closer to the cheer squad.

238 I think is very open (also, open to the elements/wind) with there being no stadium stand behind so depends on what you prefer. I think 238 is closer to the kids zone too so if you're bringing little ones that may be preferred.

Also, 238 is also the alcohol-free bay so depends on what you prefer.

As much as I can think of at the moment, others may be able to think of more. :)

No idea where the best place to put this is but figured this was okay.

Considering flying over for the round 10 clash vs Bulldogs. Think it’ll be a good game, thinking it might even be Ward’s 300th. Haven’t been to Giants stadium before. Question as to seating, out of sections 210 and 238 which is better? Different sides of the ground. $40, seems good. Could go slightly more central seats for $52 or prime for $60 something. Any help would be amazing!
210 is close to the cheer squad so you might get more Giants-y vibes in that area. That's also the "TV" side that gets most of the broadcast vision. Most of the oppo fans tend to be on that wing. 238 is of course closer to the oppo cheer squad but you'll be at the end of the members area. There's a kids activity area behind that section.

Guys you’re awesome, thanks so much for the responses!! :D Based on the feedback I think 210 it is! I’ll let you know if I do indeed book the trip, I’m actually really excited thinking about it!

Hope you manage to make it up. Should be a good game I reckon. :)

Will be our first home game post Easter show so will be good to be back at Giants stadium. :D

Rest of the season AFL fixture coming out Tuesday or Wednesday after round 9.

Also, many more Saturday 4:35 pm games for the big games.

Funnily enough, the 4:35 timeslot has been a Giant fan favourite and it looks to be the same among the league too.

Last edited:
Giants seem to have changed the way they advertise, promoting many more games within the one post, good to see.

I feel it's better than the previous posts which were game by game, coming out around a week out from the game. Much more lead time and time to promote the game.

Some ripper clashes coming up too :D

Last edited:
Rest of the season AFL fixture coming out Tuesday or Wednesday after round 9.

Also, many more Saturday 4:35 pm games for the big games.

Funnily enough, the 4:35 timeslot has been a Giant fan favourite and it looks to be the same among the league too.

If the GWS v Carlton game is scheduled at a good time i’ll try to fly up for the game. Never been to Giants Stadium but always been interested. Hopefully a decent crowd if both team’s form continues until then.

If the GWS v Carlton game is scheduled at a good time i’ll try to fly up for the game. Never been to Giants Stadium but always been interested. Hopefully a decent crowd if both team’s form continues until then.

I'd say that they'd be aiming to schedule it in for a good time that brings in the most attendance, most likely Saturday twilight. Currently favoured by Giants fans.

It's scheduled smack bang in the middle of the Victorian school holidays. Should get a greater contingent of Carlton supporters coming up too as a result, I'd imagine.

Hopefully time suits and you manage to make it up. 😀

Looks like more Saturday games incoming for us. Happy with that.

Commercially, GWS prefer not to play Friday night football, telling the league it prefers Saturday and Saturday night games given that’s when it gets its biggest crowds.

Reported elsewhere that the remainder of the fixture will likely be released today.

Last edited:
The just released fixture for us

Our home matches - Carlton on Saturday night, Gold Coast and Fremantle both Saturday 1345 and Hawthorn at Manuka on Sunday 1310.

Really loving the fixture for us. 😀

Screenshot_20240514_133214_Gallery.jpg

Carlton game coinciding with the Victorian school holidays and start of the NSW school holidays should be a cracker IMO.

Really loving the fixture for us. 😀

View attachment 1988778

Carlton game coinciding with the Victorian school holidays and start of the NSW school holidays should be a cracker IMO.

I'd like to see home games on Saturdays like they have, but away interstate games I'd like prime time Thursday or Friday night, to be beamed into Sydney lounge rooms on 7 main (If 7 don't stitch us up again putting it on 7 mate instead).

I'd like to see home games on Saturdays like they have, but away interstate games I'd like prime time Thursday or Friday night, to be beamed into Sydney lounge rooms on 7 main (If 7 don't stitch us up again putting it on 7 mate instead).

It's difficult to know, they may have requested a preference for Saturday away games because the research tells them that's what is preferred by our fanbase and supports further growth. It also keeps it more or less in line with the majority of our home games.

The club had a watch party at Giants HQ for the Essendon game, for example. So if the games aren't on Saturday, it's difficult to keep those initiatives to bring fans together and increase engagement with the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's difficult to know, they may have requested a preference for Saturday away games because the research tells them that's what is preferred by our fanbase and supports further growth. It also keeps it more or less in line with the majority of our home games.

The club had a watch party at Giants HQ for the Essendon game, for example. So if the games aren't on Saturday, it's difficult to keep those initiatives to bring fans together and increase engagement with the club.

Actually it's a good point, there is no free to air of nrl on tv on Saturdays either, so there's no competition.

I would like to see them up in lights on a Thursday or Friday occasionally though being premiership favourites only a few wks ago. That's how you get the most eyeballs and brand awareness (again though only if 7 put them on the main channel).

Actually it's a good point, there is no free to air of nrl on tv on Saturdays either, so there's no competition.

I would like to see them up in lights on a Thursday or Friday occasionally though being premiership favourites only a few wks ago. That's how you get the most eyeballs and brand awareness (again though only if 7 put them on the main channel).

The remaining fixture release will likely have us on 7 nationally for the Carlton, Richmond and Dee's games due to the timeslot. Not sure about other games outside of those until the broadcast guide comes out.

Only game I can see on the current broadcast guide this side of the fixture showing as on 7 main will be the Hawks game in Tassie.

So 4 games on 7 main with 3 of those airing potentially nationally. Not bad.

Last edited:
I'd say that they'd be aiming to schedule it in for a good time that brings in the most attendance, most likely Saturday twilight. Currently favoured by Giants fans.

It's scheduled smack bang in the middle of the Victorian school holidays. Should get a greater contingent of Carlton supporters coming up too as a result, I'd imagine.

Hopefully time suits and you manage to make it up. 😀
Looks like I will be heading up for the game in Rd17.

Doesn’t look like tickets are for sale yet? Anyone know when they will be. And any advice on which section to get tickets in when they are?

Looking forward to it :)

Last edited:
Looks like I will be heading up for the game in Rd17.

Doesn’t look like tickets are for sale yet? Anyone know when they will be. And any advice on which section to get tickets in when they are?

Looking forward to it :)

Great to hear :D

Looking forward to this one also.

None of the tickets look to be released for any game from round 16 onwards. Not sure what the go is there.

Depending on what bays they open up for this game - I'd go probably avoid sitting up in the non-member level 2 stands because there are no food, drink options or amenities in the non-member stands so if you need to go grab a drink or use the amenities you need to go downstairs, if being close to these are preferred. I realised this when I went to the Easter show this year, was surprised as I thought they'd have the same offering as the member level 2 stands.

I generally prefer a level up in all stadiums I attend so I get a better view but depends on what you prefer.

Not sure what the Vincent Fairfax stand is like as it's closest to the members stands.

I'd probably go anywhere from bay 212 to 250 as it's closest to the entrance to the stadium, food and drink options. Number of rows back should be undercover as well depending on weather.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi everyone!

Pardon the intrusion. I’ll be taking my 3 year old to the Giants v Port game for his first ever AFL game

In a big West Coast fan but given the Giants are my second team, there’s every chance he becomes a Giants fan!

I was just wondering if there is a particular section of the ground that’s best for kids around 3 years old? Not sure if there’s a grass bank or the like?

Appreciate any assistance you might be able to give! Good luck for the rest of the season. We’re looking forward to cheering you on v Port!

Hi everyone!

Pardon the intrusion. I’ll be taking my 3 year old to the Giants v Port game for his first ever AFL game

In a big West Coast fan but given the Giants are my second team, there’s every chance he becomes a Giants fan!

I was just wondering if there is a particular section of the ground that’s best for kids around 3 years old? Not sure if there’s a grass bank or the like?

Appreciate any assistance you might be able to give! Good luck for the rest of the season. We’re looking forward to cheering you on v Port!
At the Northern end of the ground there is a kids zone.
Face painting, jumping castles, some give aways, sit somewhere around there.
You'll probably be able to move around and sit where you like for that game.

If he sits near the supporters bay, if you ask, Michael will let him beat the drum and what not. My little one loves doing that.
She was probably about 4 when that became her favourite part to sit.
It is the opposite end to the kid zone though.

Hello,
Re 2024 round 16 GWS v Crows at Adelaide. Can anyone share any Adelaide Oval knowledge?
I’ll be going, and prefer not to sit isolated among a hostile Crow army, especially when we take the lead. Is there a usual area for visiting team fans to sit at Adelaide? The tickets went on sale yesterday,and the website doesn’t have anything about visitor zone or have any behind-goal areas on sale.
Sorry if this isn’t the best place to post. I couldn’t find a thread about tips for attending Away games. Maybe that’s a thread people could consider posting their knowledge and experience (similar info to the above posts from Lyynnnchy visiting GWS stadium for his first time). I’d be happy to add to it when I get back from Adelaide.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,
Re 2024 round 16 GWS v Crows at Adelaide. Can anyone share any Adelaide Oval knowledge?
I’ll be going, and prefer not to sit isolated among a hostile Crow army, especially when we take the lead. Is there a usual area for visiting team fans to sit at Adelaide? The tickets went on sale yesterday,and the website doesn’t have anything about visitor zone or have any behind-goal areas on sale.
Sorry if this isn’t the best place to post. I couldn’t find a thread about tips for attending Away games. Maybe that’s a thread people could consider posting their knowledge and experience (similar info to the above posts from Drummond visiting GWS stadium for his first time). I’d be happy to add to it when I get back from Adelaide.
Thank you.

Seen posters elsewhere online say that it's always the scoreboard/Hill side, bay 146.

If you're a Giants member, you can contact the club and should be able to purchase tickets in the Giants member allocation nearest to the cheer squad. I've noticed this in the communications from the Giants recently, not sure how new it is because I haven't noticed it before but will definitely be doing it this way for future away games.

Have the best time and welcome to BF! :D

Was hoping to head down for this game but after how much I spent in Melbourne for the Geelong game may need to reassess. 😆

Last edited:
Seen posters elsewhere online say that it's always the scoreboard/Hill side, bay 146.

If you're a Giants member, you can contact the club and should be able to purchase tickets in the Giants member allocation nearest to the cheer squad. I've noticed this in the communications from the Giants recently, not sure how new it is because I haven't noticed it before but will definitely be doing it this way for future away games.

Have the best time and welcome to BF! :D

Was hoping to head down for this game but after how much I spent in Melbourne for the Geelong game may need to reassess. 😆
Thanks Giant Yo Yo,
We’ll take your advice and contact the club. We’re Giants members and bay 146 seems unavailable online, maybe reserved for Giants members via the club.
Cheers,
Greg

A question:
Putting any financial benefits aside, where would you guys prefer the Giants to play post Easter when Showgrounds is out of action? Say, two games, Canberra? SCG? Blacktown? Henson Park? Accor? Where would be best for crowds and growth?
This year it was unavailable for eight rounds.
Cheers.

Last edited:
A question:
Putting any financial benefits aside, where would you guys prefer the Giants to play post Easter when Showgrounds is out of action? Say, two games, Canberra? SCG? Blacktown? Henson Park? Accor? Where would be best for crowds and growth?
Cheers.
Our away Sydney Derby at the SCG.

Maybe a double header with the Swans at SCG or Accor maybe celebrating the history of the code in Sydney, get the grassroots clubs to all bring stalls to show off their clubs get members/players etc.

That will cover the Show.

Canberra team 20.

Edit. I have pushed Blacktown in the past against say a Suns or Freo, but the place is a slog to get to and then you are very bound to the weather and poor options for food and drink.

Accor or an SCG home game, in my opinion, would have to be a double header with the Swans. Make it an event.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back