Game Day Round 1 v Gold Coast, It's The Hope That Is Great!

Where will West Coast finish this year?

• 1st

• 2nd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me reassuring the kids that everything is OK after a scoreless first half on Sunday:

56976c1b6f9fb1308ceea305d1102e98a71a873c_00.gif

Got a feeling in me waters this rag tag bunch of misfits could roll the Suns.

They just need to go out with a basic plan. Lots of pressure, cause turnovers. Don't hack kick, control the ball.

Go have fun, see what happens.

Fans have tempered our expectations so just go and have a crack and play some decent football.

And don't get flogged!:straining::$

Need to tag Miller from the start and try to make this a full Dockers style boring shit scrapfest. Keep it simple and give them as little breathing room as possible. As soon as this game opens up we’ll be rooted

Fans have tempered our expectations so just go and have a crack and play some decent football.
You say that, but I cannot wait for the melts 10 minutes in to Round 1 of a season where everyone expected us to be average before losing half the list to preseason injuries.

Legendary stuff imminent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The risk of hamstring re-injury plateaus after aplayer has completed four matches without re-injury but stays elevated for the rest of the season and subsequent season. You could keep players with a hamstring out longer as you think you are preventing injury but on average they miss more games than they would have played. So there will always be risk. If shuey never plays, there’s no reward. Use science and not decisions based on emotion
We don't. But saying ''just play him he will do it anyway" mindset I dont agree with.

And why risk one of your best players who is only just recently stepped up in training and hasn't played since the last tweek?

Big risk. Low reward.

C gaff Redden Naish
Foll natanui shuey SPS

All of Jones Foley Ryan and langdon may get a run in the middle

Nelson may get a tagging role
We aren’t playing any kids in the midfield, as there aren’t any available. All are either experienced or have multiple preseasons - going in expecting to get flogged is a pathetic attitude.

We don't. But saying ''just play him he will do it anyway" mindset I dont agree with.

And why risk one of your best players who is only just recently stepped up in training and hasn't played since the last tweek?

Big risk. Low reward.

Would you agree if Shuey does another Hammie he's essentially done?
I would think so.

So in a game where we're up against it, completely depleted and not expected to win, I'd rather 'risk' Shuey on that game than in round 2 where will have Kelly, Yeo, Duggan all coming back in the side.

Would you agree if Shuey does another Hammie he's essentially done?
I would think so.

So in a game where we're up against it, completely depleted and not expected to win, I'd rather 'risk' Shuey on that game than in round 2 where will have Kelly, Yeo, Duggan all coming back in the side.

Well we won't have all those players back for round 2.

Nor should that have any influence on when Shuey plays.

And yes, if he does another hammie and is out for another 6-8 weeks his career is likely cooked at 31.

So playing him too early could realistically end his career. That is the risk we are taking by playing him before he's ready. And this club has far too much recent history saying a player is right to go............and it blows up in our face.

The risk of hamstring re-injury plateaus after aplayer has completed four matches without re-injury but stays elevated for the rest of the season and subsequent season. You could keep players with a hamstring out longer as you think you are preventing injury but on average they miss more games than they would have played. So there will always be risk. If shuey never plays, there’s no reward. Use science and not decisions based on emotion

So are you saying play him anyway?

Or he should build training loads first?

What does science tell us about the first few rounds of a new season? Players who aren't quite right get injured more stepping up to AFL game levels? I bet it does.

If Shuey had had an uninterupted preseason he plays. But that didn't happen. Science would indicate he would be at a much higher risk playing round 1 than if he played round 3 after slowly building up his training loads for another two weeks.

Nothing emotional about this thought process?

What is emotional and doesn't follow science is people saying 'stuff it, he's going to pull it anyway, just play him'.

THAT is emotional and nothing to do with science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back