Game Day Round 1 v Gold Coast, It's The Hope That Is Great!

Where will West Coast finish this year?

• 1st

• 2nd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely to use top up players , Eagles have Aaron Black and Stefan Giro training with the Eagles tomorrow.

Watched Aaron Black last night at training

Running machine no doubt.

Be interesting watching this B side. If they have got a new (better) game plan then maybe, just maybe, the desperation level will be through the roof as the kids try to impress. Last year we saw plenty of examples of how a supposedly talented but apparently disinterested side (with an outdated game plan) got rolled week after week.

I remember Aaron Black, picked up by North during our Sheppard/Weedon/Stevens draft - we opted for the latter two over Black at 25. Showed a bit of promise at first and was disappointed, especially given we eventually got rid of Weedon and Stevens fairly quickly. Wonder why he's now front of the line when it comes to top up players...

You know if we bring him back too early he'll just ping his hamstring again right? Then we'll send him back out and he'll ping the other one.

More pings in our captain than The Hunt for Red October.

I remember Aaron Black, picked up by North during our Sheppard/Weedon/Stevens draft - we opted for the latter two over Black at 25. Showed a bit of promise at first and was disappointed, especially given we eventually got rid of Weedon and Stevens fairly quickly. Wonder why he's now front of the line when it comes to top up players...
Different bloke, same name.

Different bloke, same name.
Yeah Key forward that went onto play for geelong if I remember correctly

This is the mid with the same name.

Jon Ralph

@RalphyHeraldSun

·
4s

Expect Liam Ryan to be out of Covid protocols as early as tomorrow to play Gold Coast. He was a close contact so unless he tests positive between now and then would have served his quarantine period and would be available to play round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering if you guys can tell me, what does it mean when regarding Liam Ryan, the media says he has entered "health and safety protocols"?
does that just mean that he's isolating because he's a close contact? or is there something else to it? i see it's the second time it's happened to him but i have no idea what it actually means?
thanks

Just wondering if you guys can tell me, what does it mean when regarding Liam Ryan, the media says he has entered "health and safety protocols"?
does that just mean that he's isolating because he's a close contact? or is there something else to it? i see it's the second time it's happened to him but i have no idea what it actually means?
thanks
Exactly that. He is a close contact so is isolating. Jon Ralph has said he will clear the protocols by tomorrow, so he should be good to go unless he tests positive himself.

It might be prudent advice (given that we are missing most of our starting midfield) to just tell Nic Nat just to punch the ball forward as far as he can at both center bounces and stoppages.

Don't try and overthink it, don't give the gold coast mids a chance to shark taps by being fancy; just keep it simple, old fashioned, and continually try to win the territory battle

Sit our half forwards up high and try to capitalize on moving the ball forward and getting it into the forward 50 as fast as we can

It might be prudent advice (given that we are missing most of our starting midfield) to just tell Nic Nat just to punch the ball forward as far as he can at both center bounces and stoppages.

Don't try and overthink it, don't give the gold coast mids a chance to shark taps by being fancy; just keep it simple, old fashioned, and continually try to win the territory battle

Sit our half forwards up high and try to capitalize on moving the ball forward and getting it into the forward 50 as fast as we can

Don’t mind this although it should be noted that Witts is a more than capable ruckman so Nic won’t have it all is own way like he often does

So if shuey and Ryan play.

B Hurn Barrass Rotham
HB Nelson McGovern Foley
C Gaff Redden Naish
Hf ryan Darling Petrecelle
F waterman Kennedy rioli
Foll Natanui Shuey SPS
Int Williams Langdon Hough Jones
Sub winder

thanks

Will be the term used for any player who is a close contact or someone who has covid in the AFL.

They wont just come out and say " Hey player x has covid" It will just be that term used instead.

you might not have noticed how easily opposition halfbacks have been able to get possession and run the ball out of our forward line.
Witts is going to be out of form as he had one pre season game coming back off a knee.

Jack Darling to the midfield too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back