Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Never got around to posting my thoughts on this earlier.

I got the impression there was something deeper in this than just a win. Retro round, traditional jumpers etc - this was about respecting the club and how much it matters to be a part of the club and its history.

You wear that jumper, you do justice to the players before you who have worn it.

And they did exactly that. The intensity shown during that last quarter in particular was unlike anything I have seen from the team since 2018. 22 tackles (+8 for the quarter), 6 of those occurring inside attacking 50.

Well done to J.Schofield in motivating the squad and getting a level out of them over four quarters that has been missing this year. If can bottle that, he'll have a very successful career as a coach.

When the team plays aggressive and fast, there is a lot to like about it and its potential.

Everyone played their part, but exceptional performances younger players J.Williams and Ginbey were perhaps the most pleasing aspect.

Great win. Gets the club out of wooden spoon calculations and puts an end to the smugness of D.Hardwick for the year.

On to Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back