Autopsy 2022 Round 1 - Blues BEAT the Tigers. The drought is over!

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After sleeping on it and rewatching it, Jack Martin was monumental in the 4th, that and TDKs ruck dominance in the last as well was a true sight to behold.

Agree. Was everywhere in the final quarter. Also didn’t know he could kick that long.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"Logistical issues" a coach?

Also how would this affect us? Not sure of isolation protocols in victoria but isn't it roughly 7 days from contact. Assuming contact wasn't last night, should be right for next week?

Sounds like a beat up to me. Wouldn't worry about it.

If someone tested positive today, they'd still be in iso next Thursday when we play.

"Logistical issues" a coach?

Also how would this affect us? Not sure of isolation protocols in victoria but isn't it roughly 7 days from contact. Assuming contact wasn't last night, should be right for next week?

Sounds like a beat up to me. Wouldn't worry about it.
Its 7 days from the positive test so if that test happened today they would not be out til Fri

i approached last night with extreme confidence.

i had noticed the weird scoring to the city end thing in the dees-dogs game so wasnt too fussed in the first quarter, especially after i saw Ralphsmith out there - "who's out? - Prestia.... - cool we have this" 2 minutes of slight concern when bolton got the goal at the beginning of the fourth, nekminnit they are all leaving.

that bit was really special, watching their sullen faces in the ponsford getting increasingly morose, then the silent stand and slouch out. joyous

as i said to my daughters last week - this is it - you now barrack for a team you can expect to be in the mix in any and every game, it will still hurt at times, but we levelling up here

What a win! Did it without influence from Harry or Charlie.

Midfield group finally resembling something that looks like a group that can run both ways.

Only negative for the night was LOB. I've read a few on here who have been fairly forgiving of his performance but he, in my opinion, was terrible to watch. Pulling out of 50/50 contests, doing whatever he could to avoid contact. The only Carlton player on the night that I could confidently say he was worried when he heard footsteps. Plenty of upside with the ressies winning by 90+ so I really don't expect to see him given another opportunity next week. If we are going to be taking huge strides forward, backing out of contested situations cannot be tolerated going forward.
Do you have an example of one of these occasions when he backed out of a contest?
Which quarter or minute mark?
Genuinely interested.
I mean I saw him drop a simple mark and stuff up some kicks which is what he's got to work on but I don't remember "pulling out of contests". I know he got a goal from charging straight at the ball with his head down.

Oh yeah, when Jason Bennett is calling the game, the volume goes up to 11.

Best in the business.👍👍
I went through the same battle a few years ago. I recognised the look on Doc’s face when he kicked that goal.
It’s not the cancer, but the treatment that gets you. Ironically, the thing keeping you alive makes you wish you were dead.

That explosion of emotion he displayed, was a fu** you to the chemo. It’s the heart of a man who refused to be beaten by an insidious disease and an even worse cure.

I could barely walk seven months after my chemo was done. This man is playing AFL football and dominating. He truly must have the heart of a lion and the will of a worrier!

I like to think I’m a hard man, but I wept when he kicked that goal.

I’ll have to add my mea culpa on this, last year when Docherty came back his on field stuff was genuinely pretty ordinary and I thought he was gone - i was wrong.

Testament and kudos to Sam - what you’ve found over the past few months is nothing short of extraordinary.

:thumbsu::D

What are the rules in Vic for close contacts now?

e.g. if the coach has just tested positive, who else is impacted and has to isolate? Anyone else in the box? Players? Journos at the press conference?

After sleeping on it and rewatching it, Jack Martin was monumental in the 4th, that and TDKs ruck dominance in the last as well was a true sight to behold.
How good was it when he took the mark on the 50 mark and without hesitation backed himself to kick the goal to put us in front?!

That is what has changed about this team... no handing over responsibility to anyone else. Everyone has to do their bit and everyone has the ability to do so.

e.g. if the coach has just tested positive, who else is impacted and has to isolate? Anyone else in the box? Players? Journos at the press conference?
For household contacts (You have spent more than four hours with someone who has COVID-19 inside a house, accommodation or care facility) it is a 7 day isolation

i approached last night with extreme confidence.

i had noticed the weird scoring to the city end thing in the dees-dogs game so wasnt too fussed in the first quarter, especially after i saw Ralphsmith out there - "who's out? - Prestia.... - cool we have this" 2 minutes of slight concern when bolton got the goal at the beginning of the fourth, nekminnit they are all leaving.

that bit was really special, watching their sullen faces in the ponsford getting increasingly morose, then the silent stand and slouch out. joyous

as i said to my daughters last week - this is it - you now barrack for a team you can expect to be in the mix in any and every game, it will still hurt at times, but we levelling up here

They beat us 8 years in a row. Start losing 1 time - nup that's it I'm leaving. Couldn't even sit through 1 loss.
Sums up the Richmond supporters. Look forward to seeing their 90k members tally drop like a stone next year.

"Household" (spending more than 4 + Hours with somebody in a household type setting) contacts have to isolate for 7 x days. School kids have to RAT test and stay home if they have symptoms. If they show no symptoms and are RAT testing negative they can go to school even if they were/are exposed to a positive case at school.
I would say for a professional sporting club it will be somewhere in between - however they will err on the side of caution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They beat us 8 years in a row. Start losing 1 time - nup that's it I'm leaving. Couldn't even sit through 1 loss.
Sums up the Richmond supporters. Look forward to seeing their 90k members tally drop like a stone next year.
i made that exact point to my wife as we rode our bikes home last night (riding home from the G after a win - awesome......)

So that’s what it feels like to start the season off with a win!
I was pretty uninspired by our recruitment of Durdin in 2020, basically a midfielder who is too small to play midfield at AFL level so reinvented himself as a small forward, I didn’t have high expectations. I have been quite impressed by him in the practice game and then again last night, he has some genuine tricks and regularly gets himself into good positions.

The rules are simple. You check for symptoms. No requirement to isolate. The club is likely doing daily RATs for this specific situation to catch and burgeoning outbreak.

Them morning after a win feels ...

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect
True excitement wouldn't have waited for clothes on!

If all the coaches have COVID then they would need to push the game back by a couple of days. Unlike players you can’t easily replace a full coaching complement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 1 - Blues BEAT the Tigers. The drought is over!

Back