Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was after Power arrived that we picked a very promising young defender called Naughton.

Unfortunately it didn’t work out.☹️
There were some mature agers in the middle and last part of the draft and for whatever reason Sammy chose not to try to address 1 of our major weakness.
We got an historic smashing in the GF then we trotted out almost exactly team, with almost the same tactics and we got beat again.

Wish we'd picked up Jordon Butts instead of Will Hayes or Lachie Young.

There were some mature agers in the middle and last part of the draft and for whatever reason Sammy chose not to try to address 1 of our major weakness.
We got an historic smashing in the GF then we trotted out almost exactly team, with almost the same tactics and we got beat again.

My biggest concern is (still) mostly wasting one of our best midfields in history by not allowing them first use of the ball. English does appear that he can step up, but we have a clear lack of a second capable ruck. We are about ****ed if he does decide to leave now.

My biggest concern is (still) mostly wasting one of our best midfields in history by not allowing them first use of the ball. English does appear that he can step up, but we have a clear lack of a second capable ruck. We are about f’ed if he does decide to leave now.
English was the best ruck on the ground on Wednesday night. Reason we lost against the Dees was because we got smashed in the turnover game & being -30 in post clearance differential count.

The only thing I ask is everyone judge English on this year's form and not what he did in previous years. Everything I've heard and his performance vs. Dees tells me he has taken a step forward this year.

As in what they traded to get him or the contract offer? Was fairly unproven at the time he left.

He did target Josh Bruce and Alex Keath, and last year we asked the question of Soldo (apparently).
I understand why Marra & Darcy points would have been prioritised the last two years though.

This year give up all our picks to get players we need to fill the last list spots, we're in the window, no point of holding onto early round picks if we can turn them into players that can impact us now, for once we need to take the Geelong approtch to the trade season and throw all the picks to the wind.

Hi Macca! How many years have you re-signed for?

FOU61KCaMAEJENm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we get a fair bit of signing news over the next couple of months. It would very difficult to manage so hopefully one domino down will get a few more to fall.

How do we get Darcy Moore

How do we get Darcy Moore

$7M for 6 years was the last update I heard. At that price, I am not sure we can afford NOT to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back