Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
66f-1.jpg
What about:

iu

He did target Josh Bruce and Alex Keath, and last year we asked the question of Soldo (apparently).
I understand why Marra & Darcy points would have been prioritised the last two years though.
Sammy did a cracking job of bringing bruce and keathy, fantasic pick ups. And the mirra and darcy were gimmies.
But the GF appearance the dogs should be in a win now mentality.
Its pretty clear that shaq and Cordy ain't up to being a reliable KPD and Gardner is only a back up.
Now Authur Jones looks like a fantasic pick, but how would a Dante Visentini or Oscar Adams look, or with our last pick in the draft Charlie Dean developing.
Even thinking outside the box, suppose we traded Smithy to the hawks for their rebuild for a couple 1st and a pick swap.
Then traded some of those picks for a Darcy Moore or Sam Collins.
How much better would our structure look.

Sammy did a cracking job of bringing bruce and keathy, fantasic pick ups. And the mirra and darcy were gimmies.
But the GF appearance the dogs should be in a win now mentality.
Its pretty clear that shaq and Cordy ain't up to being a reliable KPD and Gardner is only a back up.
Now Authur Jones looks like a fantasic pick, but how would a Dante Visentini or Oscar Adams look, or with our last pick in the draft Charlie Dean developing.
Even thinking outside the box, suppose we traded Smithy to the hawks for their rebuild for a couple 1st and a pick swap.
Then traded some of those picks for a Darcy Moore or Sam Collins.
How much better would our structure look.

I was really keen on Visentini, dude has aggro.

I'm up for us taking our draft hand to the trading table and offering the Saints our 2022 and 2023 first rounders for Rowan Marshall.

How do we get Darcy Moore
I don't want to but say we trade smithy to the hawks for a couple 1st and a 2nd rounder pick swap.
We have lost lippi due to our depth.
Chuck a couple of those picks at darcy or Sam Collins. How would our structure look then.
I can't see any of our uncontacted players bar Dunkley leaving.

Can we fit them all and bring someone in?

We can't keep relying on a 30 year old Keath.

I'm up for us taking our draft hand to the trading table and offering the Saints our 2022 and 2023 first rounders for Rowan Marshall.
I was super keen on him as well, i thought him and Keathy would be fantasic together. Also super bummed we didn't at least use our 5th rounder on Charlie Dean, although injured but reports from my pies mate was he was tracking great as a defender.
Keathy is 30 Gardner is only a back up amd Shaq and Cordy ain't reliable KPD

I was super keen on him as well, i thought him and Keathy would be fantasic together. Also super bummed we didn't at least use our 5th rounder on Charlie Dean, although injured but reports from my pies mate was he was tracking great as a defender.
Keathy is 30 Gardner is only a back up amd Shaq and Cordy ain't reliable KPD
Dean has big wraps on him from the pies. Was also disappointed he didn’t get picked up by us. Free hit.

That's also a cracking idea, would be perfect for us with his skill set.
No point in continually picking kids when we have a crack at a few GF's with our current list

They'd probably ask for Bont. He's that important to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got Jamarra and Darcy and Weightmann before that.

Talent is not the problem.
But no young ruck, and no genuine KPD, even a role-player like Hamling was. Power has resources, surely there was a VFL/WAFL/etc prospect worth taking a shot on. Keath, Gardner, Cordy, maybe Schache, and maybe Naughton to rob the forward line. Only Keath and Naughton would give me any confidence under a highball into our D50. Ruck depth even worse.

I reckon we can cover the small forward spot with players we have in the VFL (I really like McNeil for that role). But dear God the KPD position is looking dire. Keath has started the year poorly, but we can't expect much else when Cordy and Gardner are below average / depth at best. Melbourne recruited Lever, May and Tomlinson from other clubs, yet all we've managed is a single player who was pushing 30 when recruited.

I reckon we can cover the small forward spot with players we have in the VFL (I really like McNeil for that role). But dear God the KPD position is looking dire. Keath has started the year poorly, but we can't expect much else when Cordy and Gardner are below average / depth at best. Melbourne recruited Lever, May and Tomlinson from other clubs, yet all we've managed is a single player who was pushing 30 when recruited.
+1 This, we can cover the small forward role with what we have.

We straight up need two AFL ready KPD's and a ruck, and honestly if we have to give up a midfielder like Dunkley or even ****ing Bailey Smith to do it, so be it.

I'd be in the ear of Pearce, Hamling, Marshal, Sicily, honestly, anyone who'll listen and fills the role.

Our list balance is horrible. We have no key position players in the 2’s developing or as back up. (This will look slightly better when Darcy is back on the park)

But we need to draft / recruit a few more, at each end and another ruck that we can actually play.

The problem is we also need more speed across the park. Our mids are so slow particularly when defending and putting pressure on, we just can’t lay a hand on the quicker sides.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The fact we have not one genuine key defender developing under the age of 25 is horrendous. This year we need to recruit an experienced, and actual key defender from another club, as well as draft one or two we can develop in the VFL. Ruck I am not so worried about, I believe English is developing well, Sweet is good for depth (if we are actually going to play him) and Darcy should come along nicely there. Wouldn't hurt for a late pick here or there but not a priority in my opinion. Key defender though is huge. We currently have no one pushing Gardner out of the side, and we don't have any options to swing back, as O'Brien, Khamis, Cordy and even Schache are all a third tall type rather than a pure key defender.

I'm really excited to see a front four of English, Naughton, Ugle-Hagan and Darcy all play together. English full-time ruck with Darcy chopping out and playing up forward. Deadly, but we need a similar feel down back to complement this, and our midfield.

The fact we have not one genuine key defender developing under the age of 25 is horrendous. This year we need to recruit an experienced, and actual key defender from another club, as well as draft one or two we can develop in the VFL. Ruck I am not so worried about, I believe English is developing well, Sweet is good for depth (if we are actually going to play him) and Darcy should come along nicely there. Wouldn't hurt for a late pick here or there but not a priority in my opinion. Key defender though is huge. We currently have no one pushing Gardner out of the side, and we don't have any options to swing back, as O'Brien, Khamis, Cordy and even Schache are all a third tall type rather than a pure key defender.

I'm really excited to see a front four of English, Naughton, Ugle-Hagan and Darcy all play together. English full-time ruck with Darcy chopping out and playing up forward. Deadly, but we need a similar feel down back to complement this, and our midfield.
Agreed. The list is horribly imbalanced in the most key areas on the ground. We have a bunch of these mid/small sized forwards who are actually midfielders on the list. Some of them aren’t good enough for AFL or are still developing but there’s still way too many of them.

West, McNeil, Wallis, Scott, Garcia, McComb. Realistically three of those types shouldn’t be on the list in place of one experienced KPD and one developing KPD & one ruck/forward.

Daniel is about to sign a 5yr $3.2m deal with us fyi. Not sure why we are handing out huge deals to players now. It’s not been our policy for a long time but apparently that’s changing.

Don’t bank on us having much cash to chase big list needs. The recruitment of JUH and Darcy Jnr will be assets in 5 years time but crippling to us right now. Very difficult list management position to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back