Review Round 7, 2022 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Game, set and match.

Kiddy is already such an important part of our team. Not only developing as a class backman, but his footskills release Zorko further up the field.

Dan McStay stood up. And his ruckwork forward was well competetive.

Maddern had to play as a defensive forward because Fages was not going to mess with our defense. Did his job.

Rayner will always be more influential than his stats represent. Might not clunk them in a pack, but no-one else does either. set up a couple of scores for us.

Like junior footy, all played well.

Great win. In years gone by I think we would have got run over from that position. Hats of to Lachie, He really lifted when we needed it.

Fingers crossed for Joe and Prior

An awesome performance.

Lachie Neale is a bloody incredible footballer.

Cam Rayner is getting better and better each week.

Just hope Joe's not out for too long, otherwise absolutely stoked with that win.

Last edited:
Prior was singing the song and didn’t even have ice on the leg.

Seemed in good spirits. Hmm.
Watching live it looked twisted, which was awkward, but then studded which really kept him down. He didn't head straight off once he got up,so possibly he got lucky.

Great win. The last 2 weeks it definitely seems we’ve lifted a gear or 2, after a lacklustre start to the year.

Hopefully Joe and Prior are ok. Don’t want injuries to start banking up.

Let’s hope we put the foot down next week on a team who look like they want to be anywhere but playing football right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Neale is absolute class. We're so lucky he stayed.

Watching live it looked twisted, which was awkward, but then studded which really kept him down. He didn't head straight off once he got up,so possibly he got lucky.

Not feeling good - toe stuck in the ground as his thigh kept moving forward with all the momentum from your body. That can be nasty.
Hope it's ok.

Prior was singing the song and didn’t even have ice on the leg.

Seemed in good spirits. Hmm.

Will have everything crossed for him until we are told he’s fine. That saints bloke kept playing on. Didn’t look good.

Neale just brilliant. Rayner loved seeing him building into it, was leaping for the ball and applying hurt on the scoreboard. Voted Ah Chee, Zorko and Fort for the others but feel a bit guilty about not having a vote for McStay.

Hopefully Jax & Joe come up alright

Hard to vote for just 5 this week, can't think of a player that didn't contribute. Dizzy had problems with Buddy in the third quarter but I felt that was as much due to them getting clean centre breaks than anything he did, and he played well otherwise. Plus, its Buddy.

Starce unlucky that Heeney got a couple of cheap ones from free kicks as he blanked him when Heeney was forward.

5 shots from Cam this week and a couple of great marks. Probably had to play as more of a marking option when joe got subbed out and was a great outlet. McStay similarly immense with Neale to spark the response in the 3rd.

Last edited:
Coming into this match I was very nervous about their run and carry through the spine. They did that quite often actually, but our defense held up so well.

Also we put some pressure on the kick going i50 which was good.

Hope people don't drag Gardiner too much there, he was great q1, and Buddy was just super good for that patch.

I am so used to us losing games when momentum shifts as significantly as it did for the swans after half time, thought wed lose by 30 after that, gosh this team has grown, im so proud to be a lions member! I hope the club celebrates hard, huge win.

Also, full credit to Charlie and Harris - the guys were heading off but Harris and Charlie came over to give us a wave and clap, everyone else following them over. Great moment!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 7, 2022 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back