Review Round 7, 2022 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t shock me if they give Buddy the 3 votes because of the 6 goals and he did change momentum for them, and well it’s Buddy, however Lachie was every bit as influential in that for the winning team as Buddy was for his.

Would be disappointed for him if he missed the 3 votes on the actual winning team.

Great result against a hard team , only crit , we drop off from time to time and teams score easily , today we showed real toughness

Raynor is going to be our secret weapon , we have seen nothing yet , he is going to tear a team to pieces before this season is done !

Neale is a champion , he rose to push us up on his own shoulders in the 3rd, bloody amazing

The usual's were fantastic ie. Neale, Lyons, McCluggage, Zorko + McStay was awesome.

1- Loved Ah Chee's game, getting better every week.
2- Fort was great, thank you Cats.
3- Rayner.... gaining more confidence and by finals will be a game breaker.
4- Stupendous pressure from Charlie.:D

Apart from 10 minutes in the 1st quarter and that 5 minute burst at the start of the 3rd we were by far the superior side, felt like a more comfortable win than the end margin suggested.

Wouldn’t shock me if they give Buddy the 3 votes because of the 6 goals and he did change momentum for them, and well it’s Buddy, however Lachie was every bit as influential in that for the winning team as Buddy was for his.

Would be disappointed for him if he missed the 3 votes on the actual winning team.

Can't see how lachie doesn't get the 3 votes. In the end it was a comfortable enough win and he was the reason for it.

Gee that was a tough win. I have been quit critical of Ah Chee at times, but he was outstanding tonight.
I am so happy to Cam starting to turn into what we all thought he would be.
Goal kicking the only negative. Should have been over earlier. Hughie just can't miss those ones.

Wrapped with the win, deserve our 2nd spot on the ladder now. All good, as everyone has said already. Have to reiterate how good Charlie is playing. Fwd pressure, getting back to support in back 50, when he plays like that we are so much better. Gotta say too that no player is more desperate to win, tries harder, in the last 10min of a game than Ah Chee. His efforts the Iast two weeks at this time of the game are terrific.

Hard to vote for just 5 this week, can't think of a player that didn't contribute. Dizzy had problems with Buddy in the third quarter but I felt that was as much due to them getting clean centre breaks than anything he did, and he played well otherwise. Plus, its Buddy.

Starce unlucky that Henney got a couple of cheap ones from free kicks as he blanked him when Heeney was forward.

5 shots from Cam this week and a couple of great marks. Probably had to play as more of a marking option when joe got subbed out and was a great outlet. McStay similarly immense with Neale to spark the response in the 3rd.

Fages confirms that Cam moved to playing as a marking forward after half time:

Fages confirms that Cam moved to playing as a marking forward after half time:

I felt bad for leaving him out but dealing with that role shift at half time - very well done by him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good as the second quarter was, could argue that the third was even better given the circumstances. Tasty Cam Rayner morsels increasing by the week. Charlie's chasing and pressure can be devastating when he's in the mood. Lifetime contract for Neale pls.

That passage when Charlie had like 5 or 6 efforts and pressured like 4 different players and forced it over the boundary was as good as any of the goals he has ever kicked. Love seeing him doing that. Also agree the 3rd was the best, we have often really struggled to get back on top when teams take the momentum back. Usually we are gone for that quarter and then just neutralize it the following quarter, but we were able to just rebuild it back our way, super pleasing.

Neale is just out there playing his own game.

Very sweet win. Lachie Neale was amazing.

Ah Chee very good

I think Ah Chee is a bit of an unheralded player still but I think the coaches would now have such confidence in him. He does important things every game that turn out to be quite crucial.

Also recognition for Charlie for his pressure, the best pressure game he has played for some time.

Fort is now a genuine AFL quality ruckman. Excellent growth as a player since his arrival.

great team win..
Charlie had a great couple of weeks pressure up forward.
Neale another level. Zorko added some spark through the mid.. Coleman looking more comfortable in the back line.
Clugga had a great game.. Dan and Cam stood up after Joe went off.
The man mountain Adams is our rock.
I still really liking the 2 ruck setup. If Daniher to miss a few weeks wonder how far away is Hippy?
If Swans lost Buddy like we did Joe.. Would of been game over for them.

That felt more like a 7-8 goal win than the actual margin of 4 goals.

Swans got at least 3 goals from rubbish frees.

Lachie was Lachie and he deserves all the kudos being heaped on him.

A special mention to Dan McStay. He really stepped a a gear today, especially after we lost Joe. The only criticism I've had of Dan over the years is that he looks a little timid at times and plays too nice.

Not this game. He was a beast with his attack on the ball and at the contest.

A must retain player for us .

I think hes's a pretty loyal sort of a guy but I sincerely hope the club doesn't try to lowball him in contract negotiations

That passage when Charlie had like 5 or 6 efforts and pressured like 4 different players and forced it over the boundary was as good as any of the goals he has ever kicked. Love seeing him doing that. Also agree the 3rd was the best, we have often really struggled to get back on top when teams take the momentum back. Usually we are gone for that quarter and then just neutralize it the following quarter, but we were able to just rebuild it back our way, super pleasing.

Neale is just out there playing his own game.

When Buddy kicked his 4th of the quarter I was thinking about our game against the cats at the SCG in 2020 where we led at half time but conceded 9 straight goals, or last years regular season game v the dees at GWS' home ground where we were in control but fell apart with no response. Super great to see an immediate reaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 7, 2022 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back