Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to have some tough selection issues for a change

Seems like the last few years we've just been rotating guys we know weren't quite there in the last couple of spots

Now it looks like we will be leaving a couple of unlucky players out

The club will know more than us whether Jones and Billings have done enough work I guess. Both are best 22 but might not be quite there in terms of fitness. Time will tell.

Surely Byrnes comes in for Butler. Ryan had 25 disposals and 3 goals today, hopefully he gets Butlers spot.

Plus the inclusions of Jones, Billings and Marshall, spots are going to be tight this week.

In: Marshall, Billings, Jones
Out: Campbell, Windy, Butler

Reckon there's a fair chance someone needs a rest. Possibly Gresh after that hip knock.

I like our chances in this game. We play the MCG really well.

In - Marshall, Billings, maybe Jones
Out - Campbell, Windhager, unsure of the 3rd.

If we can match them in the middle, we can beat them with out run on the outside.

Hopefully there is a lot of goal kicking practice happening this week.
Jones could really give us something with his pace against the Dees

He's gotta be fit though

Jones could really give us something with his pace against the Dees

He's gotta be fit though
If he pulls up okay, it is probably a risk worth taking. His speed and the emotional lift of him returning could have a huge impact.

Unsure of who else comes out though. Wood was the logical out before the game but he was one of our better players.

Why can't we beat Geelong? They lost to Hawthorn a week ago and just lost to Freo at home. Don't get the logic at all.

As I just posted, they have lost 12 games there in 15 years, Freo won 3 of them. Won around 100 themselves. They have one of the best home ground records in world sport. It will take our best there. I'd give us the win on Marvel but just looking historically they play that ground better than any other side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I just posted, they have lost 12 games there in 15 years, Freo won 3 of them. Won around 100 themselves. They have one of the best home ground records in world sport. It will take our best there. I'd give us the win on Marvel but just looking historically they play that ground better than any other side.
We play them at Marvel in two weeks

Saints to st kilda it up
Melb by 40
Everyone to lose their shit and meltage personified will ensue
No Problem Laugh GIF by HannahWitton

1993A034-DE83-4BFA-82C6-24F76A9D5609.gif

I like our chances in this game. We play the MCG really well.

In - Marshall, Billings, maybe Jones
Out - Campbell, Windhager, unsure of the 3rd.

If we can match them in the middle, we can beat them with out run on the outside.

Hopefully there is a lot of goal kicking practice happening this week.
Lienart out, wood to sub

Not sure why everyone wants to bring Billings straight in. He’s coming off 3 hamstring strains since pre season and has just played the 1 game for the year today.
I’d definitely give him one more week at Sandy and bring him back for Geelong.

In - Marshall, maybe Byrnes/Lienert/Jones
Out - Campbell, Windhager

Don’t mind the idea of bringing in Lienert for his kicking and versatility. Plus he’s hardly put a foot wrong since playing (yet to play in a losing team)

Not sure why everyone wants to bring Billings straight in. He’s coming off 3 hamstring strains since pre season and has just played the 1 game for the year today.
I’d definitely give him one more week at Sandy and bring him back for Geelong.

In - Marshall, maybe Byrnes/Lienert/Jones
Out - Campbell, Windhager

Don’t mind the idea of bringing in Lienert for his kicking and versatility. Plus he’s hardly put a foot wrong since playing (yet to play in a losing team)

I am open to various changes. Note that the Dees have been playing quite tall forward setups of late. So we may have one too many small backs. So it could be Paton or Long that may be excess for Highmore or Lienert.

Whomever plays though I just do not want Howard taking the kick-ins all game, for if he does Gawn will have a field day.

Last edited:
I am open to various changes. Note that the Dees have been playing quite tall forward setups of late. So we may have one too many small backs. So it could be Paton or Long that may be excess for Highmore or Lienert.

Whomever plays though I just do not want Howard taking the kick-ins all game, for if he does Gawn will have a field day.
If long plays like he did this week he keeps his spot due to his form and his versatility. Can play pressure forward or small back

Usually after a bad loss, you think, ‘Well at least they’ll learn something from that’.

Not this week.

There is nothing to be learned from that abomination on Saturday night. I hope the coaches make a VHS of the game, gather the players together, then set the VHS on fire in a cleansing ceremony, never to be spoken of again.

As far as this week’s concerned, it sounds like Jones and Billings haven’t done enough yet for a return to the seniors, so I think Byrnes gets another chance. Marshall in as well.

Don’t ask me why, but I’m strangely optimistic about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back