Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

We're the real deal and I'm a lot more comfortable watching us play now. The synergy is just so pronounced and the skills are becoming clinical. We're still going to suffer from lapses occasionally (all young, inexperienced teams do) but if we can retain all of the current best 25 players over the next two to three years, I think we have a very good chance to secure our first flag.

We’ll that was a happy spanking - points of note
Will Brodie….how good is the GC midfield for him to not get a game???
2 snags to Jye
Our stingy backline
stoked with the better than expected win
lovin what I’m seeing

• Brodie starting to quietly build a case as one of the handiest trades in club history
  • Jye belongs at this level. Made McKay and Corr look silly on multiple occasions.
  • Baeshaw doing Baeshaw things
  • Ras coming on and doing good things as the sub
  • Chappy should, if there’s any justice in the world, be a shout for the rising star this week

JHF braining Switta the only downer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Brodie starting to quietly build a case as one of the handiest trades in club history
  • Jye belongs at this level. Made McKay and Corr look silly on multiple occasions.
  • Baeshaw doing Baeshaw things
  • Ras coming on and doing good things as the sub
  • Chappy should, if there’s any justice in the world, be a shout for the rising star this week

JHF braining Switta the only downer.
Corr has like 20kg on Amiss, pretty damn embarissing for him to be pushed out like that.

Will Brodie is elite in close. Dare I say it but he reminds me of Neale. Neale didn’t dominate contested possession but he was always there to get the ball out to the outside with releasing handballs and short accurate kicks.

What did Brodie want for Neale? 2 first round draft picks?! We got him for free plus a pick!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

+
  • Jye Amiss, this kid will be a star you can see it already.
  • Treacy, the pressure and intensity this bloke bring is immense, set us up from the start.
  • Will Brodie, what more can we say? This bloke bleeds purple.
  • Backline once again super solid down back
  • The system JL has put in place can be played no matter the ins and outs for the week
  • Darcy as solid and imposing as ever.
  • Chapman developing really nicely and rarely panics

• For me centre bounce clearances are still a real concern, Fyfe should hopefully rectify this issue.
  • Inside 50 entries, we seem to second guess ourselves and then end up kicking long to whoever is at full forward, need more plays like when Mundy looked up and immediately put it on the boot on to the chest of a leading Banfield without a second thought.
  • Switta having to miss a weak when he has been massive for our forward 50 pressure and spread

+
  • Treacy, the pressure and intensity this bloke bring is immense, set us up from the start.
  • The system JL has put in place can be played no matter the ins and outs for the week

• For me centre bounce clearances are still a real concern, Fyfe should hopefully rectify this issue.
  • Inside 50 entries, we seem to second guess ourselves and then end up kicking long to whoever is at full forward, need more plays like when Mundy looked up and immediately put it on the boot on to the chest of a leading Banfield without a second thought.
  • Switta having to miss a weak when he has been massive for our forward 50 pressure and spread
Switta will get a good rest in time for Melbourne. He's a key in

You might say Brodie, Brayshaw or Darcy was best on ground.

For mine it was James Aish

The man was everywhere plugging holes and applying pressure and moving the ball calmly

Fantastic game

You might say Brodie, Brayshaw or Darcy was best on ground.

For mine it was James Aish

The man was everywhere plugging holes and applying pressure and moving the ball calmly

Fantastic game

He's great. A lot of composure but not in a ball stopper kind of way.

Would love him to get 25 touches a game.

+

Good post. How good will our clearances be with Fyfe, Brodie and Brayshaw receiving it for Darcy. Serong as back up and Mundy for class.

Yes forward line needs work. Amiss a lot better on the lead and we look better when we lower the eyes. A few bombs on the heads where McKay dominated us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back