Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
gOn.jpg

You're about to enter a world that doesn't make any sense. A world where the lines of fact and fiction are blurred on the daily. My name is Bastyy, and I'm here to tell you some terrifying stories that may or may not be true. Over the course of tonight's program you will be given access to a terrifying story, and it will be your goal to find out whether this story is true or false

Imagine you're a Sunday shopper, you've come to your local Supermarket and found out that there is a buy one get one free deal on just what you're looking for. You'd be ecstatic wouldn't you? Well that's what happened to this customer in our first story.

It was a trade period like any other, a young man named David and his best friend Peter walked into their office preparing for a trade period like no other. There was one thing on these two men's agenda, the acquisition of a football player named Jordan. Jordan was starved of opportunity at his previous club and the promise of more time out on the field was far too promising. They knew that they were in for a tough and long battle with the AFL's equivalent of the Mafia, but they had fought these battles before, with some of these battles generating a beautiful reward.

As Peter put his hat on the table, with feathers falling all over the offices carpet, there was a ring at the phone. No one knew the Fremantle boys had arrived ready for a day of trading, but yet there was someone on the line who needed to talk to David and Peter. "I have an offer for you David" were the words uttered on the other side of the line. David was confused, who could this possibly be? "Who is this?" David asked in response and the only thing David heard was a reassuring voice from the past "Oh you know who I am". It was Craig Cameron! Craig Cameron was the list manager of the Gold Coast Suns, a club who had for some reason, traded Pick 2 in the AFL Draft for a young Lachlan Weller, a player who hadn't yet played 50 games. David knew that the club probably wanted revenge, and prepared himself to ask what the offer actually was. What it was? He never expected.

"Pick 19 and Will Brodie, you want it?" David was confused, responding with "what?". Not only did the Dockers not have the ability to make that trade, they wondered why the hell Gold Coast actually wanted to get rid of those resources. David went to decline but just as he went to hang up the phone Craig popped up again "Please mate, we'll take anything, even a Future Second!"

portrait-of-young-man-with-shocked-facial-expression-picture-id626205158

Pictured: Peter Bell and David Walls when they heard about this trade, probably.

David and Peter looked at eachother "A future second? You're kidding right" "Not one bit, we need to get rid of Brodie, Dew hates him!" Wow, this was unbelievable, a former top 10 pick for a future 2nd? And Pick 19? The first pick of day two of the draft? David quickly accepted the trade, and they immediately called up AFL House and the trade was complete. The two couldn't even believe their luck!

buGokhMY.jpg

Will was ecstatic with his trade to the Dockers

So what did you think of this unbelievable story? How could one club be so stupid to trade Pick 19 and Will Brodie? A top 10 talent who hadn't hit his straps nor given opportunity? It has to be fake right?

I'm sorry but. It's a fact
1652078826330.png

Oh and apparently Fremantle are playing Gold Coast this week. If I had to predict anything, I'd say Fremantle would win by 38 points with Will Brodie collecting 38 Disposals, 11 Tackles and 7 Clearances.

I always post that I'm worried we will lose.

If I let the team down by not doing that and we lose it will be all my fault, so of course I will.

If we get monstered in the ruck and dictated to at the stoppages they have enough talent forward to hurt us with 8 goals from 10 attempts against our 15 shots for 6 goals

I always post that I'm worried we will lose.

If I let the team down by not doing that and we lose it will be all my fault, so of course I will.

If we get monstered in the ruck and dictated to at the stoppages they have enough talent forward to hurt us with 8 goals from 10 attempts against our 15 shots for 6 goals
Agree with Taylor
PTSD has taken away the ability to predict a win with this club so I’m going with the “ could be anyones game but Freo by 21 points “ line

I think our Midfield and defence are a class above theirs and working together better

They have somehow had the wood on us at home the last few years but I think we are shaking those Demons this year

Capture677.JPG
Not excited at all...
P.S the Gold Coast logo looks like a token Microsoft Paint effort from a well meaning ten year old!

Love me a GameDay thread read these days!

We can overthink these types of games as supporters.

Which one are you?

A) The ‘We’re due a loss’ Supporter. A comment so ingrained in supporters psyche that most don’t feel good things can keep rolling. This type of supporter could win the lottery but then be enveloped in a sudden fear it was a negative omen. They believe curses are real and provide historical footy facts to connect with future events.

B) The Shawshank Supporter - This type of supporter is like Tim Robbins in Shawshank walking around the yard ‘without a care in the world’ when the reality is your life revolves around footy each weekend and the subsequent lift it gives you in your ordinary life. This type of supporter walks into work Monday morning shoulders pinned back and with the usual ‘catch the Freo game’ type comment to bask when we win. When times are tough, we just grind away in the background, slowly but surely getting close to redemption.

C) The Occams Razor Supporter - ‘The simplest solution is often the best’. This type of supporter enjoys graphs and analytics. They’re mathematical minded. Everything about today tells them we win. They decide using their brain. They eat with things called utensils and usually lurk but rarely post.

D) The Joker Supporter - This supporter has no fear on wearing 2 socks that don’t match. Their maniacal swings can present in threads with comments like ‘drop that spud’ when they miss a set shot to ‘need to sign him up ASAP’ when the same blokes slots one 3 mins later. They’re entertaining, albeit hard to follow or take seriously. It’s unknown if following Freo has caused The Joker syndrome or if they were already predisposition to that condition.

E) The all of the above supporter!

Freo by 25.

Which one are you?

A) The ‘We’re due a loss’ Supporter. A comment so ingrained in supporters psyche that most don’t feel good things can keep rolling. This type of supporter could win the lottery but then be enveloped in a sudden fear it was a negative omen. They believe curses are real and provide historical footy facts to connect with future events.

B) The Shawshank Supporter - This type of supporter is like Tim Robbins in Shawshank walking around the yard ‘without a care in the world’ when the reality is your life revolves around footy each weekend and the subsequent lift it gives you in your ordinary life. This type of supporter walks into work Monday morning shoulders pinned back and with the usual ‘catch the Freo game’ type comment to bask when we win. When times are tough, we just grind away in the background, slowly but surely getting close to redemption.

C) The Occams Razor Supporter - ‘The simplest solution is often the best’. This type of supporter enjoys graphs and analytics. They’re mathematical minded. Everything about today tells them we win. They decide using their brain. They eat with things called utensils and usually lurk but rarely post.

D) The Joker Supporter - This supporter has no fear on wearing 2 socks that don’t match. Their maniacal swings can present in threads with comments like ‘drop that spud’ when they miss a set shot to ‘need to sign him up ASAP’ when the same blokes slots one 3 mins later. They’re entertaining, albeit hard to follow or take seriously. It’s unknown if following Freo has caused The Joker syndrome or if they were already predisposition to that condition.

Freo by 25.
I’m E. Freo by 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the weather doesn’t slow us down I mean they flogged Carlton there not too long ago and we’re not good when it’s wet reckon the kids will start to slow down too and you never know who’s going to be switched on or not so I’d better get out the lucky undies I keep in a ziplock bag for these occasions haven’t washed them since the elimination final against Geelong in 2012

Hopefully the weather doesn’t slow us down I mean they flogged Carlton there not too long ago and we’re not good when it’s wet reckon the kids will start to slow down too and you never know who’s going to be switched on or not so I’d better get out the lucky undies I keep in a ziplock bag for these occasions haven’t washed them since the elimination final against Geelong in 2012
Jesus Christ, there must be an entire colony of micro organisms living on those bad boys by now! Hahahahaha

Weather looks better than expected. Brother in Law is going to the game so I’ll get an update on ground conditions when he arrives 8009A7B7-454D-42F1-9064-8A959FFB9AB1.jpeg

Which one are you?

Freo by 25.
E for sure mate. Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back