Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest even in 2022 Brodie really tapered off in the second half of the year. People have rose coloured glasses remembering his first dozen or so games for us and forgetting that he was nowhere near that level later in the year (I'll admit, he played ok against Collingwood in that dismal final).

That's the thing with AFL, your weaknesses get found out quickly, he was virtually like a mature age draftee at the start of that year, he'd been in the system but no one knew about him and we sprung a surprise on a few teams. But then reality hit.
Will Broadie still averaged 27.4 disposals a game in 2022. You cant say he couldn get his fair share of the ball.

FREMANTLE

In:
H.Chapman, H.Davies, T.Emmett, N.Erasmus, C.Wagner
Out: J.Draper (omitted), M.Walters (hamstring)

Last week's sub: Matthew Johnson

GOLD COAST

In:
W.Powell, J.Rogers, S.Day, J.Witts, B.Ellis, L.Johnston, A.Davies, H.Oea
Out: B.Fiorini (omitted), B.King (knee), N.Holman (omitted), J.Walter (omitted), N.Moyle (omitted)

R13 sub: David Swallow
well the changes are interesting.

Draper Being omitted isnt abad thing. Start of the season when Brennan Cox was injured, I hoped Draper and Davies got roated and played 3-5 games each. Draper got a solid run of 8-10 games. I wanted Hugh Davies in at least a month back to rest Draper.

Could we bring in Emmett? Maybe. But I wouldnt drop Sam Sturt for Emmett I think Emmett rotated off the bench is fine. I have no issues with 5 forwards and a roatating mid in the forward line either.
Oh no not a ginger.
Well The last ginger to play in Freos back line was Tobe Watson, He wasnt the worst defender in the AFL wasnt he?

Really happy about the Davies inclusion! Draper has had a good run, now time to go back and continue his development.

It makes me nervous every time Sturt is named on the extended bench that they're going to do something stupid
Sturt starting to show his first round worth. Has been held back with injuries but he is a talent when the confidence is up.

Sturt starting to show his first round worth. Has been held back with injuries but he is a talent when the confidence is up.
The thing that always stays with me from the press when Sturt was drafted was a quote from Quaynor saying Sturt was so hard to play on in U18 because of his first few steps being so quick he could always burn you on the lead.

I was concerned he might have lost that burst but the way he led at the ball last week & burned the defense running back at goal suggests maybe he still has it.

We know he’s an elite set shot. If he can keep getting on the end of a few & continues to improve his ground game & defensive efforts we may still have a good player.

The thing that always stays with me from the press when Sturt was drafted was a quote from Quaynor saying Sturt was so hard to play on in U18 because of his first few steps being so quick he could always burn you on the lead.

I was concerned he might have lost that burst but the way he led at the ball last week & burned the defense running back at goal suggests maybe he still has it.

We know he’s an elite set shot. If he can keep getting on the end of a few & continues to improve his ground game & defensive efforts we may still have a good player.
Sliding doors;
If Fremantle can get Fredericks and Sturt firing on all cylinders then….
A deep September run is on the cards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back