Review Round 9 vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, Sunday 15th May, 1:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, sorry about that.
See the difference there was that you were harassing my C&E staff, But they seemed to think you were hilarious so... 🤷‍♂️

The better moment was you coming back in later even further gone and trying to explain to the missus who I was 😂

Jeffrey’s first game at home.

He’s not a high possession player but usually high impact.
10 touches, 4 marks, 2 goals would be a nice return.

He’ll need to be on defensively to make sure Chapman, young etc. aren’t too damaging coming out of the backline.

Looking at the weather, doesn't seem like it is going to be too bad at 1:40pm.

Looking forward to the game. Will be a good challenge on our home deck.
Yeah it would appear the rain will only be minor, if anything, by the time the first bounce rolls around. It also looks like it will stay like that for the entire match. Metricon usually drains really well so I would expect the ground to be in great shape by 1:40. Don't mind that. Gives our talls Cas, Chol, Jeffrey and even little Benny Ainsworth a chance to get involved aerially. We'll still need involvement from our smalls and mids but having conditions that get our talls involved is a good thing IMO.

One thing I found really interesting while watching the Swans game last night was that their movement through the ground seemed far less restricted and I'd say that is a good indication that our backs covered space really well last week and just stifled out their offensive movements. I want to see us do that again because that will go a long way to securing us the 4 points today.

Without hyping it up too much, this really is a big game for our footy club. Of course we want to back up a win over top 4 opposition with a second consecutive win against top 4 opposition but we also want our supporters and the general footy public to believe that we are always a chance to win in a game like this. I can feel the tide starting to turn and this is the exact type of game that will really accelerate it both locally and nationally.

Our draw has been horrid to date but if we can end round 9 with 4 wins then I think you have to tip your hat to Dewy and the boys. Some analysts thought we would be lucky to win even 2 games by the end of round 9 but now we have the opportunity to place ourselves just 1 win behind 8th position with a kind draw to follow. This is massive!

Yeah it would appear the rain will only be minor, if anything, by the time the first bounce rolls around. It also looks like it will stay like that for the entire match. Metricon usually drains really well so I would expect the ground to be in great shape by 1:40. Don't mind that. Gives our talls Cas, Chol, Jeffrey and even little Benny Ainsworth a chance to get involved aerially. We'll still need involvement from our smalls and mids but having conditions that get our talls involved is a good thing IMO.

One thing I found really interesting while watching the Swans game last night was that their movement through the ground seemed far less restricted and I'd say that is a good indication that our backs covered space really well last week and just stifled out their offensive movements. I want to see us do that again because that will go a long way to securing us the 4 points today.

Without hyping it up too much, this really is a big game for our footy club. Of course we want to back up a win over top 4 opposition with a second consecutive win against top 4 opposition but we also want our supporters and the general footy public to believe that we are always a chance to win in a game like this. I can feel the tide starting to turn and this is the exact type of game that will really accelerate it both locally and nationally.

Our draw has been horrid to date but if we can end round 9 with 4 wins then I think you have to tip your hat to Dewy and the boys. Some analysts thought we would be lucky to win even 2 games by the end of round 9 but now we have the opportunity to place ourselves just 1 win behind 8th position with a kind draw to follow. This is massive!
A win against Freo or the Dogs, and then taking the wins we should against Hawks and North, and we are in a decent spot to attack the second half of the season. Dropping both will be bad though.

Not sure if Freo or Dogs are the easier scalp at the moment though. Dogs looked decent last night through their midfield in particular, while Freo have had a solid block of form. Important month of football coming up.

I’ll be watching and hoping our team can bring the sun to a city that has seen nothing but rain for while…

All I want to see today is the same facets that won us the game last week.

Pace through the middle.
Weller, Miller and Rankine to run through at times.
Swallow in middle, NA on one wing, BE on the other.

Hopefully Red will be ok for a 2nd game in a row.

Big chance today if we can rebound / attack 'up the guts'

Plus forward 50 pressure - Freo rebound exceptionally well through Acres, Young etc

Suns by 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 9 vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, Sunday 15th May, 1:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back