2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think any player can afford to be as uninvolved at AFL level as Sturt is at WAFL. Has zero impact without possession and hardly gets near it. Bobbing up for a couple is not enough, and I would argue this is especially true of a system like JLo appears to be trying to implement.

Sturt 188cm 80kgs - First 4 games - 5 goals 1 behind - subbed off in the first quarter of game two. 20 years old at the time.
Fritsch 188cm 84kgs - First 4 games - 4 goals 3 behinds from 4 full games. 21 years old at the time. First season 23 games for 17 goals. 14 times goalless in that year including his last 6 games (2 of which were finals).

Fritsch is 25, Sturt is 22.

Moral of the story - give him some f***ing time. He's exactly what we need and when the time is right he'll replace Banfield.
Sturt doesn’t pass the eye test at all for mine though, you have to be super elite to make it with his size and profile in the modern game and he doesn’t even give flashes where you think oh this kid could really be something

I don't think any player can afford to be as uninvolved at AFL level as Sturt is at WAFL. Has zero impact without possession and hardly gets near it. Bobbing up for a couple is not enough, and I would argue this is especially true of a system like JLo appears to be trying to implement.
He’s not pushing out anyone who deserves to be there. Banfield does nothing, Freddy slightly more than nothing. Whatever level he plays at, he’s having 10-15 touches but those touches lead to goals.

He literally could not do worse than Banfield. As someone said, we’ve kicked less than 10 goals from over 100 entries across two weeks, we need goal kickers

He’s not pushing out anyone who deserves to be there. Banfield does nothing, Freddy slightly more than nothing. Whatever level he plays at, he’s having 10-15 touches but those touches lead to goals.

He literally could not do worse than Banfield. As someone said, we’ve kicked less than 10 goals from over 100 entries across two weeks, we need goal kickers
Yes, however I would replace Banfield with Erasmus instead of Sturt.

I wouldn't mind the return of Fyfe resulting in some forward time for Serong either.

Yes, however I would replace Banfield with Erasmus instead of Sturt.

I wouldn't mind the return of Fyfe resulting in some forward time for Serong either.
Yeah I suppose but it’s still not enough players with forwardcraft. Ras for Banfield and Sturt/Amiss for Freddy/Colyer (1, not both or we lose too much pace)

Sturt doesn’t pass the eye test at all for mine though, you have to be super elite to make it with his size and profile in the modern game and he doesn’t even give flashes where you think oh this kid could really be something
The eye test? Well if doesn't pass your eye test then yeah let's give up on him and delist immediately. Ridiculous statement.

I have the completely opposite take in that the eye test tells me he’s an AFL player

youre not watching close enough.

Every games he does a few things that are excellent...and he does not miss when he shoots

How about if they don't bob up at all at AFL level and then can't kick straight when they do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nod going down has stuffed up our wings, is it time for Worner?

Tucker, Aish and Colyer have all trialled and failed over the past couple of weeks, maybe we need some fresh air on the other wing again?

I watched another WAFL game due to a mate debuting so how did Worner go on the weekend?

Who gives a **** if he only gets 6 kicks for 3 goals.

Remember a player called Paul Puopolo? He used to constantly play games like that yet would be the difference many times in a premiership winning side.

He's a f***ing gun and should be in the FWD line at the expense of Banfield

The way some are banging on about Sturt being too skinny you'd reckon the guy needs to go borrow McGoverns' diet plan and sit in Hungry Jacks for next years pre-season.

I'd say Stephenson used to and still does play the role we want Sam to and seems to do alright being 6 kilos lighter. He seems to be able to football so lets see what he can do for the rest of the year. I can't see lack of weight being a factor for not wanting/being able to play him .

1653277764990.png
1653277787040.png

The way some are banging on about Sturt being too skinny you'd reckon the guy needs to go borrow McGoverns' diet plan and sit in Hungry Jacks for next years pre-season.

I'd say Stephenson used to and still does play the role we want Sam to and seems to do alright being 6 kilos lighter. He seems to be able to football so lets see what he can do for the rest of the year. I can't see lack of weight being a factor for not wanting/being able to play him .

View attachment 1407302
View attachment 1407303
I’m one of the ones who thinks Sturt might be too slight.
But I still want him to play this weekend.
He literally can’t be any worse than some of the guys in there.

Who gives a **** if he only gets 6 kicks for 3 goals.

Remember a player called Paul Puopolo? He used to constantly play games like that yet would be the difference many times in a premiership winning side.

He's a f***ing gun and should be in the FWD line at the expense of Banfield
Huh?

I'm saying 3 goals from 6 kicks is awesome. Cyril-likeđź‘Ś

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back