Unofficial Preview 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously would prefer taking best available to improve our list, but given this is a development year learning a new game plan, we need a lock down KPD to release Moore and keep to a script. so if that means we take a short term replacement for longer term gain, then I’m ok with it.

Not doesn't want to, but it was advised his shoulder would not be able to handle the rigors of afl.
Either way it has nothing to do with opening up a rookie draft spot.

Now that Roughead has retired, Why would we bother putting Kreuger on the LTI list if we only intend to go to the MSD with one pick? By all accounts he was an outside chance of returning late this year, so if they were only intending to use one pick this year then putting Kreuger on the LTI list seems unnecessary. Even if his season is written off completely then I still don’t see why he’s on the LTI unless they are looking to replace him.

One has to assume that the club has opened up two list spots for a reason.

Now that Roughead has retired, Why would we bother putting Kreuger on the LTI list if we only intend to go to the MSD with one pick? By all accounts he was an outside chance of returning late this year, so if they were only intending to use one pick this year then putting Kreuger on the LTI list seems unnecessary. Even if his season is written off completely then I still don’t see why he’s on the LTI unless they are looking to replace him.

:thumbsu: Will be interesting to see if we use the second pick on Hartley as some have suggested. If we take a tall KPD as I would like with our first then there is no need to chose Hartley with our second. I can only assume that he is there if our prefered player is gone with our first pick at 9 and hartley becomes insurance on a 6 month contract with our 2nd. We will also have both Dean & Madge back as backup in the next month.

Therefor if we chose El Nour with our first and have both Dean and Madge back it would be overkill to chose Hartley also.

I assume they put Kreuger on the LT1 for the MSD so they planned to use at least 1. They'll decide on Monday if they'll then use Roughy's now available spot as well.

we are likely to have pick 9ish. I’d be surprised if El nour made it to our pick. He looked good in the game against us and I’m sure other clubs have interest below us. Carmichael or el nour seem like decent prospects, can only hope there’s somebody left by our pick.

I assume they put Kreuger on the LT1 for the MSD so they planned to use at least 1. They'll decide on Monday if they'll then use Roughy's now available spot as well.

Yeah I don’t think that roughys retirement has come as a shock to the club or that they didn’t know about it prior to putting Kreuger on the LTI list. Too much of a coincidence for my liking.

I reckon they are targeting two…. Maybe Hartley for six months being the second. Or they keeping a second pick up their sleeves in case a targeted player drops to them.

Either way let’s not deny that the club has engineered two picks here and roughys retirement is timed and negotiated with the MSD in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah you heard Rough reference Wrighty in his farewell speech. We may not have pressured him but we were certainly aware he was considering it.

Like Timmy I think placing Kreuger on the inactive list is to give us the flexibility to pick two players next week.

Given we’ve lost Keane and Roughead as key defender since last year I’m thinking we’ll go key defender at our first pick and won’t need to consider Hartley.

One of El Nour, Blanck or the Williamstown defender we’ve been linked to will be there at 8 or 9 you’d think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Intriguing to see if there end up being two that they rate.
8/9 + 19:
El Nour looks exciting, or Dawson.
(Has anyone seen much of Derksen or Fletcher Hart?).
Here is some info H on young ruck Hart who is still 18 and would be long term project, personally I would like a 22 year old ruckman with our 2nd pick in Crossley or Reidy. Quicky has kindly given you some recent vision of Dersen I believe may or may not go early.

Fletcher Hart

18, Forward, 199cm, 97kg, Albury/Murray Bushrangers

An Albury product, Hart is described as a player with “some really neat craft to his game”. A good sized key forward with a nice left-foot kick, he has good leading patterns and is working on his marking. Hart broke his ankle early last year, which set him back and meant he only played six NAB League games in his 18th year. However, he played the first five games for the Bushrangers this season, including a huge game in Round 3 when he recorded 15 disposals, 10 marks and kicked six goals. The Albury product has been named as part of the Allies squad for this year’s under-19 national championships, but has attracted some mid-season draft interest before that. Hart, who can also pinch-hit in the ruck, played in both of the Colgate Young Guns games earlier this month.

Last edited:
I know he's been a bad boy, but I believe in second chances. ;) Compliments to Mum.
For those who may want a ruckman/tall with presence, Crossley, now 22 on debut

Brayden Crossley: "Gold Coast Suns academy member Brayden Crossley had 60 hitouts in a NEAFL game back in August, the eighth most ever recorded in the NEAFL. Crossley was the youngest player ever to crack the half-century, in what was a dominant display of NEAFL rucking".

Geez that was a pretty skinny highlights reel, was the high point actually at about 4:05 when his mum took the piss out of his looks? :tearsofjoy:

Edit: On a more serious note I don't mind that as a left-field consideration, although he's a bit undersized for ruck really at AFL level now.

Nah you heard Rough reference Wrighty in his farewell speech. We may not have pressured him but we were certainly aware he was considering it.

Like Timmy I think placing Kreuger on the inactive list is to give us the flexibility to pick two players next week.

Given we’ve lost Keane and Roughead as key defender since last year I’m thinking we’ll go key defender at our first pick and won’t need to consider Hartley.

One of El Nour, Blanck or the Williamstown defender we’ve been linked to will be there at 8 or 9 you’d think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope if they pick a key defender ( other than Hartley) that it’s one they think will make a difference in the medium term and not just plug temporary gaps. They need to ask themselves…. If this was November and this player was in the larger pool of potential draftees…. Would we still draft him. If the answer is yes, well great, go for it. If not…still with the Hartley type short term fix and keep the powder dry for the National draft, and use the MSD for best available.

:thumbsu: Will be interesting to see if we use the second pick on Hartley as some have suggested. If we take a tall KPD as I would like with our first then there is no need to chose Hartley with our second. I can only assume that he is there if our prefered player is gone with our first pick at 9 and hartley becomes insurance on a 6 month contract with our 2nd. We will also have both Dean & Madge back as backup in the next month.

Therefor if we chose El Nour with our first and have both Dean and Madge back it would be overkill to chose Hartley also.
A lot of tall we take is probably no ready to play with his year. So a lot ready to play guy would still be handy as back up for the rest of the season.

Geez that was a pretty skinny highlights reel, was the high point actually at about 4:05 when his mum took the piss out of his looks? :tearsofjoy:

On a more serious note I don't mind that as a left-field consideration, although he's a bit undersized for ruck really at AFL level now.
That was purely some video on his debut, not a highlight reel for a season or the likes. Mum was best on ground enjoying a tinny whilst watching here boy, gotta love that.

Abe Davis is a key forward coming 2nd in the SANFL goal kicking averaging 3 goals a game at 70% accuracy. I know nothing about this bloke but stumbled across his stats on the SANFL site and grabbed my interest.

Screenshot_20220528-095609_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220528-095634_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back