2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Was hoping we drafted someone who had all the attributes but can't kick. What our team has been missing the last decade . .
So negative, You are starting to sound like that Iva prick 😁

Sam de koning at Geelong absolute jet down back and over 200cm

Contracted to next year..
But I’d wave a bucket of cash at him for a future 10yr lock key defender.

Cats got no coin to match..

Need draft assists.. who knows can only try

Sam De Koning to Suns on a 5 year deal is already done.

SO IM TOLD…

Sam de koning at Geelong absolute jet down back and over 200cm

Contracted to next year..
But I’d wave a bucket of cash at him for a future 10yr lock key defender.

Cats got no coin to match..

Need draft assists.. who knows can only try
Bailey Dale from the dogs would be a more realistic option and I’d be all for it if he wants to move for more sunshine.

So expecting Weller out for 12 months means a running half back could be targeted. As mentioned above Bailey Dale would be a great get

There is a lot of mail about mass exits at Norf.

We have picks to trade and excess bodies in the ressies.

We really should go very,very hard at Cam Zurhar and Luke Davies-Uniake

LDU in particular would be the 250 game elite mid that every team need to succeed. Super, super talent who I'm told is sick of being played all over the park (source direct from Norf legend who does some TV work... 👑 )

Zurhar has parked contract talks but a LOT of teams have put out feelers.

LDU is the missing piece if the midfield puzzle. I rate this kid so highly, it's unreal.

Go get him Suns - whatever the price.

PS - do NOT go after JHF - same source - major PITA pretty much all of the time. He's basically a 12 year old mentally.

Sam De Koning to Suns on a 5 year deal is already done.

SO IM TOLD…

That is a massive, massive call. If true I'm amazed the Vic media aren't all over it.

There are no secrets in Sleepy Hollow as far as the footy goes.

Be a huge coup - a real statement of intent.

There is a lot of mail about mass exits at Norf.

We have picks to trade and excess bodies in the ressies.

We really should go very,very hard at Cam Zurhar and Luke Davies-Uniake

LDU in particular would be the 250 game elite mid that every team need to succeed. Super, super talent who I'm told is sick of being played all over the park (source direct from Norf legend who does some TV work... )

Zurhar has parked contract talks but a LOT of teams have put out feelers.

LDU is the missing piece if the midfield puzzle. I rate this kid so highly, it's unreal.

Go get him Suns - whatever the price.

PS - do NOT go after JHF - same source - major PITA pretty much all of the time. He's basically a 12 year old mentally.
Huh? LDU pretty average from my viewings of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some west coast fool continues to bang on about willie Rioli for Powell or sharp with us getting a late pick.

Huh? LDU pretty average from my viewings of him.
Look again.Serious foot skills - quick by hand. Their best mid.

Elite runner - just played out of position too often

If he came on the market - there will be a queue of clubs after him.

Surprised you blokes don't think more of him tbh.

Bailey Scott and Jack Payne would be pretty handy for the Suns. Go home factor would help.

LDU isn't what the Suns need, all potential at this stage, we already have talented mid's that can't get in the team.

Would cost too much anyway.

He should go somewhere like Geelong if he's out of North.

I loved him in his draft year tbh. Wanted him badly! Haven't watched him that closely lately, seems to be getting more consistent though.

Not sure it's someone we could afford to add salary wise given our glut of young talent around the same age.

I loved him in his draft year tbh. Wanted him badly! Haven't watched him that closely lately, seems to be getting more consistent though.

Not sure it's someone we could afford to add salary wise given our glut of young talent around the same age.

I actually think we could have cash free to land someone unexpected.

We have to get rid of 8-10 salaries off our books end of season to reduce the list size down, and there will likely be some overpaid players in that bunch.

Even with the Rankine and Lukosius deals to be finalised, I reckon we might well be in the market for the final piece of the puzzle.

Certainly have a plethora of drafts picks at the ready to trade.

I actually think we could have cash free to land someone unexpected.

We have to get rid of 8-10 salaries off our books end of season to reduce the list size down, and there will likely be some overpaid players in that bunch.

Even with the Rankine and Lukosius deals to be finalised, I reckon we might well be in the market for the final piece of the puzzle.

Certainly have a plethora of drafts picks at the ready to trade.
Most de-listed players will come from rookie list and base rookie salaries are not part of salary cap. Also so far there was no official info on list size reduction for Suns.

From senior list to go, my guess would be Corbett and possibly Burgess (I hope not) who I doubt are on crazy money.

Maybe Thompson retires if he can't stay healthy.
Constable is on senior list, got only 1 year and could probably go too. Graham will get extension probably (not on lot of money anyway).

Maybe Sexton will find a new home or Fiorini.

A couple of senior players could be moved to rookie list again to make space on senior list for draft.

Liam Jones would be a priority. A few free agents i would be interested in would be,
Bailey dale- especially with weller out
Angus Brayshaw- probably is between dees and freo but would love him in our team.
and a couple long shots,
Ben cunnington- if he could overcome his cancer battle would be a great story
Travis boak- still so good and seems like he has a few years left in him.

Liam Jones would be a priority. A few free agents i would be interested in would be,
Bailey dale- especially with weller out
Angus Brayshaw- probably is between dees and freo but would love him in our team.
and a couple long shots,
Ben cunnington- if he could overcome his cancer battle would be a great story
Travis boak- still so good and seems like he has a few years left in him.
Dunkley would be the best fit. Reckon one is getting squeezed out at the Dog's so Dale might be gettable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back