2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to see the list management strategy behind the selection
They must think he has the ability to roll over Constable Fiorini Atkins Tsitas Hollands Davies Oea
If they see him as development -they must see him as a special talent to pick him up in the MSD

They must think he has the ability to roll over Constable Fiorini Atkins Tsitas Hollands Davies Oea
If they see him as development -they must see him as a special talent to pick him up in the MSD
In 3 years time only Hollands and Davies from that list are realisticly going to be playing AFL. Considering our midfield woes in our loses this year, I don't mind adding more into the engine room.

In 3 years time only Hollands and Davies from that list are realisticly going to be playing AFL. Considering our midfield woes in our loses this year, I don't mind adding more into the engine room.
Do you think it makes Oliver Hollands less likely at the end of the year? Would that be too many young mid's?

I guess it depends what academy players (if any) will be selected.

I look at those names and it looks slow. Hopefully he has some speed.

Do you think it makes Oliver Hollands less likely at the end of the year? Would that be too many young mid's?

I guess it depends what academy players (if any) will be selected.
Hollands looking more like a second round pick as the season goes on, so we could definitely still snag him

Hollands looking more like a second round pick as the season goes on, so we could definitely still snag him

Not sure if he's second round but at this stage it would look like he would be available at our 1st Rd pick even if we made finals this year.

Not sure if he's second round but at this stage it would look like he would be available at our 1st Rd pick even if we made finals this year.
He is mid teens pick right now imo, after the champs we usually see the risers and fallers so I know im going a touch early, but there is a good chance he could be there early 2nd.
In my own opinion of course.

Just messaged someone who's involved at Geelong VFL who said that he is good, promising, athletic, good runner, good speed but just needs to work on his kicking.

Just messaged someone who's involved at Geelong VFL who said that he is good, promising, athletic, good runner, good speed but just needs to work on his kicking.

Great. Was hoping we drafted someone who had all the attributes but can't kick. What our team has been missing the last decade . .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hollands and Davies are keepers. I’d like to think there’s a chance he will be an upgrade on the rest but Atkins’ 4 year deal (ugh!) protects him for a while. Can never have enough quality mids IMO and we need to find a couple more A graders before Dave, Brando and Touk call it a day. We’ve had a good run with injuries this year for the first time ever (touchwood). If it returns to SNAFU next year, having a Faulkhead on the list could actually be a good thing.

Last edited:
Hollands and Davies are keepers. I’d like to think there’s a chance he will be an upgrade on the rest but Atkins’ 4 year deal (ugh!) protects him for a while. Can never have enough quality mids IMO and we need to find a couple more A graders before Dave, Brando and Touk call it a day. We’ve had a good run with injuries this year for the first time ever (touchwood). If it returns to SNAFU next year, having a Faulkhead on the list could actually be a good thing.
You have to assume they have something up their sleeves defence wise - to take another mid means surely we are OK in that department for a year or two. Liam Jones might be already in our pocket - let's hope so.

Who gets cut at the end of the year when the list size is bough back into line with the rest of the competition?

Is the writing on the wall for players like day sexton burgess Corbett

Sexton, Day, Burgess and Corbett may all be moved on. Along with the likes of Murtagh, Conroy and Ace could be moved on as well.

If he is happy to stay, I'd love to keep Corbett. I think he is the perfect depth player

Who gets cut at the end of the year when the list size is bough back into line with the rest of the competition?

Is the writing on the wall for players like day sexton burgess Corbett
Yeah for sure all of them are surplus now, all serviceable players and wouldn't be surprised if they got picked up elsewhere.

Nicholls, Mclennan, Murtagh, Conroy, Ace.

Flanders & Macpherson expire in 2023 but the club would be open for trades i would say

If he is happy to stay, I'd love to keep Corbett. I think he is the perfect depth player
I love Corbett but its probably best if he looks to move on as he will be fighting Jeffrey, Lukosius, Hollands and when King returns, Chol/Casboult for that same role. He should be playing AFL, i don't think we will give him a spot.

On the rookie list and break glass in case of emergency depth player that you can just plug him anywhere on the ground to keep your structure, but not expect too much.
Exactly.
Is serviceable at AFL level.
3rd tall or 2nd in an absolute pinch at both ends.

You have to assume they have something up their sleeves defence wise - to take another mid means surely we are OK in that department for a year or two. Liam Jones might be already in our pocket - let's hope so.
This was at the back of my post.Surely our needs were defensive talls, so the strategy is kind of relaxed-concentrating on shoring up relatively strong stocks and looking to the future.And they must have rated him because with an already bloated list what was the point of taking someone who at best will be in the VFL for the foreseeable future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back