Day
Corbett
Jeffrey
King
Lukosius
Casboult
Burgess
Chol

You don’t win finals with key forwards that “aren’t that bad”.

Realistically we have:

King
Chol
Casboult (in his twilight. 1 more year tops).

Day is finished in our best 22.

The rest aren’t key forwards.
Pinch hitters yes, but not who you want to rely on as we hopefully make finals consistently over the next 5 years 🤷‍♂️

a 30+ possession mid who can play inside and out and average 3-4 goals a game. Preferably tall enough to chop out in the ruck if needed and also play down back and take our oppo's best KPF. Must be good at cutting oranges and shining boots too
Also must be able to shit post for the social media team, Usher people to their seats, Tend bar, Balance the books and also occasionally hold the minute to go sign up when Barry is busy with combing his moustache.

Realistically we have:

Collins
Ballard
Graham (has he re-signed yet?)
Brock

Thompson is cooked.
Andrew’s as a key defender I’m not sold on.
Farrar is break glass as a key defender.
I’ve given up on Dew playing Day in defence.
Jones I would love on the list - but is pure speculation at this stage.

I get no one seems to want to draft a key tall today. I just feel having a look at someone for 6-months would be handy if the right guy is available at our pick.

And if he can play fwd & back, that would be bloody handy 🤷‍♂️
If one of the particularly highly rated guys manages to slip down to our pick - I'm definitely not against taking a flyer on them.
Don't think that will happen though.

Wade Derksen or D'Ambrossio would thrill me. Prefer the little Italian stallion personally. We can never have enough great ball users who win ball.

Go for more tall depth at the ND if we go a small.
From the weekend just gone.

Massimo D’Ambrossio (Western Jets/Richmond VFL)
0 disposals, game-ending injury early in the match. Out for a month.

From the weekend just gone.

Massimo D’Ambrossio (Western Jets/Richmond VFL)
0 disposals, game-ending injury early in the match. Out for a month.

Doesn't phase me. He is an 18/19yo we aren't expecting him to come in soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I taught Oskar for a couple of years in high school. He’s an absolute running machine. Really good lad too. I wish him all the best and will be following his career.

Look, taking a forward/mid is probably not a huge need on paper. But I guess we are making sure we have a full squad for both AFL and VFL to ensure good development and game plan, plus a few travelling emergencies. He can slot right in and do a role—he’ll just have to join the queue for midfielders wanting an AFL best 22 spot… And sometimes our mids in AFL or VFL get pumped, so more depth is a good thing.

Would have probably preferred a key defender, but maybe club has other plans for the future (draft or trade). Alternatively, we might have a few mids who want to try their luck at another club come end of season if they can’t get a game… So he is a good insurance policy should that be the case. Plus who knows which players were invested enough to move interstate, so if Oskar is keen then I don’t mind.

Anyway, welcome to the club, Oskar! Apparently he will play as early as this week in the VFL in Melbourne before moving up to the Coast.

His Instagram highlights reel looks pretty good.

Similar playing style to Clayton Oliver…. Yes I know he’s no where near Oliver’s level but similar traits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back