AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm honestly curious if he's leading our BnF or not? He's played most games and has been good in pretty much all of them.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Will be right up there. Few have been more consistent but he missed a game and our voting system seems to heavily reward games played sometimes over quality of games.

I'd say he's getting votes nearly every week, would be top 5 in my estimations at this point. Honestly not a backhanded compliment to your club either. I should mention I have some ties to Essendon so despite my supported club I'm invested in seeing the Dons doing well.

A Carlton supporter with some ties to Essendon? Wow. You must feel constantly dirty :)

Just had a thought as to who you'd compare Nic Martin too, and I reckon he and Connor Rozee are comparable in terms of roles. Connor Rozee is being touted by media personalities as the next Petracca now and is top 10 in the coaches votes. Martin is barely registering as a blip for the Rising Star. Yet, when you compare their statistics for this season side by side Martin beats him in most statistics. Martin has the potential to be the best player in the competition.

I wanted to go with this on the main board but I'd rather not deal with the nuffies.

1656642648113.png

Just had a thought as to who you'd compare Nic Martin too, and I reckon he and Connor Rozee are comparable in terms of roles. Connor Rozee is being touted by media personalities as the next Petracca now and is top 10 in the coaches votes. Martin is barely registering as a blip for the Rising Star. Yet, when you compare their statistics for this season side by side Martin beats him in most statistics. Martin has the potential to be the best player in the competition.

I wanted to go with this on the main board but I'd rather not deal with the nuffies.

View attachment 1436975

Please put it on the mainboard, the melts would be incredible.

Has a tendency to get run down by surprise although I reckon his teammates could support him more with voice and body.

Crazy how he's averaging 20 disposals and 1 goal/game this year (only Shuey has ever done that over a full season) and he's (correctly) predicted to be 3rd or 4th at best in the Rising Star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy how he's averaging 20 disposals and 1 goal/game this year (only Shuey has ever done that over a full season) and he's (correctly) predicted to be 3rd or 4th at best in the Rising Star
strong year. one of the few where you'd say you've got genuine contenders that could take it out in any other year.
But Daicos has gone next level in the last 2 months.

noticed we're deploying Nic a bit defensively too. seems to regularly be last line of defence in a sweeping role. his fitness must be incredible. Always seems to be where we need him.

I imagine a few have done it.

I think Marc Murphy did it once for example, unless you mean first year players.
I forgot that the RS went back to 92. The only players to have done it in H/A are Shuey, Buckley, Mercuri and currently Martin (using 18 games as a qualifier). Shuey kicked 1 goal in 3 finals his year but was 23 goals in 22 games over the course of the season. Murphy's Rising star year he averaged 18 disposals and 0.6 goals/game

I forgot that the RS went back to 92. The only players to have done it in H/A are Shuey, Buckley, Mercuri and currently Martin (using 18 games as a qualifier). Shuey kicked 1 goal in 3 finals his year but was 23 goals in 22 games over the course of the season. Murphy's Rising star year he averaged 18 disposals and 0.6 goals/game

Shuey is the only player ever in rising star calculations?
In their RS year. I was wrong, Buckley and Mercs did it in 93 too

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back