Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a revelation, could argue he's top 3 in the B&F
Probably 2nd behind Clarry atm (maybe leading? Defenders tend to poll well in club B&Fs). Has been brilliant, leads the league in intercept marks I think. His kicking has generally been solid too, looking very good in that role

He’s played in 26 games where he’s kicked 1 or more behinds without kicking a goal

and those stats are even skewed in his favour as they dont count the OOB's or OOBOTF's where he misses the lot.

could easily have kicked 1.5 (even ill give Trac enough credit to say he kicks his first goal 100% of the time)
thats-true-kramer.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm genuinely floored how good Gus has been as a HBF. He's better than Salem IMO the way he's playing. So safe and having a mid sized bloke who can mark behind the ball is a huge weapon.
Unbelievable season.

I'm surprised, too - I didn't want to move him from the wing, and didn't think half back would work at all.

Interesting that May polled seven votes after it looked like Walker was getting a hold of him for a bit on the weekend.

1656913274393.png
Oliver on track to win in a canter. Trac third, despite all of our whinging

1656913200615-png.1439489

Interesting that May polled seven votes after it looked like Walker was getting a hold of him for a bit on the weekend.

View attachment 1439490
Oliver on track to win in a canter. Trac third, despite all of our whinging

1656913200615-png.1439489
May's intercept work was delightful and shut down Tex in the 2nd half.

How good is Harrison Petty btw, so nice to know when May is done we have someone who can step straight in to the #1 defender role.

I realise I've been too harsh on Trac recently.:$ He's been piling up possessions but his goalkicking had taken my focus away from just how well he's been playing. If he continues with his decent finishing, he'll be moving up all the leaderboards surely.

I'm genuinely floored how good Gus has been as a HBF. He's better than Salem IMO the way he's playing. So safe and having a mid sized bloke who can mark behind the ball is a huge weapon.
I'm think I said this another thread and I'm sure I was the first ;) - it would be a massive loss, much bigger than Jackson, if Brayshaw left at the end of the year.

The run home
R17: Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium
R18: Port Adelaide @ TIO Traeger Park
R19: Western Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium
R20: Fremantle @ Optus Stadium
R21: Collingwood @ MCG
R22: Carlton @ MCG
R23: Brisbane @ Gabba

Pies and Blues at the G our last 2 home games out of our final 8 games of the season, who the hell drew this up?

Literally a revelation.

It’s funny because I recall how exited I was by Marty Hore in the same position. To be fair, he was good in a year where we finished second last. He was definitely a high point and I’m sad his injuries got the better of him.

But Angus has been amazing in the role. He has got the lot. Insanely tough going back with the flight to win the ball. Great judgement for the intercept. And he seems to be kicking smart, and generally within his limitations which used to be a bit of a flaw with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back