Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all the love Gus gets. All of it.
I never doubted him even once but still, goddamn, he's having a hell of a year. I really hope he gets an AA nod, he deserves it.

I'm going to watch the grand final again just to revel in his third quarter. Amazing.

Literally a revelation.

It’s funny because I recall how exited I was by Marty Hore in the same position. To be fair, he was good in a year where we finished second last. He was definitely a high point and I’m sad his injuries got the better of him.

But Angus has been amazing in the role. He has got the lot. Insanely tough going back with the flight to win the ball. Great judgement for the intercept. And he seems to be kicking smart, and generally within his limitations which used to be a bit of a flaw with him.
Not a big fan of him going on his left foot when its not necessary , a minor quibble from me ,but he has been very good this season . Can see him squirrelling Brownlow votes from Oliver and Trac.

Not a big fan of him going on his left foot when its not necessary , a minor quibble from me ,but he has been very good this season . Can see him squirrelling Brownlow votes from Oliver and Trac.
Me too, but I feel like the left show off thing has been more limited then last year H&A.

Bizarre to see a bloke who has had all sorts of roles suddenly tear it up in an entirely new position though. Angus Brayshaw is basically very good at football

The signature we've all been waiting for!

It is for me. Still a fair bit behind Petty but hes one of my favs already.

Plays tough and doesn't take a backwards step, its refreshing to these sort of players still exist in this day and age. He's a throwback to a 90's footballer.

Plays tough and doesn't take a backwards step, its refreshing to these sort of players still exist in this day and age. He's a throwback to a 90's footballer.
If he has a little leg speed he's the perfect pig replacement who is one of my favourites for this reason

Keen to see more of him. Haven't really watched Casey but he did some nice things against Collingwood before he was injured.

If he has a little leg speed he's the perfect pig replacement who is one of my favourites for this reason

After saying he was Lever early days I think hes more Petty. Excited to see how his game and body develops over the next couple of seasons, definitely think we have a player in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After saying he was Lever early days I think hes more Petty. Excited to see how his game and body develops over the next couple of seasons, definitely think we have a player in him.
I haven't watched him the VFL but that half a game he played he looked an AFL level talent for sure. The more players who can mark in the backline the better

Just saw on social media this day 29 years ago Melbourne played Geelong won by 14 points meanwhile Ablett kicked 11. 22.9.141 to 20.7.127 would have been a great game to watch. Typical Ablett dominating in a losing team. To bad the result didn't go our way this week.

Ablett torched us religiously, a good performance was keeping him to 5 goals or less.
Reckon that was everyone but he usually saves his best for Richmond. I think that was Geelong's biggest problem they were a good team but too Ablett focused. This game is one if the many my old man talks about, came down from Canberra to watch and was apparently about 21 degrees, Just realised 93 has the game where Ablett kicked 14.7 and Paul salmon kicked 10.6 and essendon won the game. It's funny back in the day 100 point losses were pretty common. I remember the opening game of 96 we loss to Geelong by a lazy 21 goals then got flogged by Collingwood by 94. The thing is we played Collingwood later in the season and won by 38 points. Yeah we were shit in 96 but still managed 7 wins for the season.

Reckon that was everyone but he usually saves his best for Richmond. I think that was Geelong's biggest problem they were a good team but too Ablett focused. This game is one if the many my old man talks about, came down from Canberra to watch and was apparently about 21 degrees, Just realised 93 has the game where Ablett kicked 14.7 and Paul salmon kicked 10.6 and essendon won the game. It's funny back in the day 100 point losses were pretty common. I remember the opening game of 96 we loss to Geelong by a lazy 21 goals then got flogged by Collingwood by 94. The thing is we played Collingwood later in the season and won by 38 points. Yeah we were s**t in 96 but still managed 7 wins for the season.

Sean Wight kept Ablett to 2 goals I think in round 1 1994. I was stoked with that game from him. We destroyed Geelong with Jako kicking something like 8 goals 9 behinds

Probably, his average vs Melbourne is 4.1 but that's over his whole career including hawthorn in the period you are talking about late 80s to mid 90s would be much higher.

yea played on the wing for Hawthorn and in his early days for Geelong. His career average exclusively as a full forward would be extraordinary I reckon. 6+ I would think.

yea played on the wing for Hawthorn and in his early days for Geelong. His career average exclusively as a full forward would be extraordinary I reckon. 6+ I would think.
9,6 (9 behinds) ,6,10,11 in his last 3 years against us with 2 games of 1 and 0.
From a quick glance he only kicked 5 or more against us once from 94-87 which was the 94 semi.

9,6 (9 behinds) ,6,10,11 in his last 3 years against us with 2 games of 1 and 0.
From a quick glance he only kicked 5 or more against us once from 94-87 which was the 94 semi.

well he kicked 11 in that game in 93 that I provided the video of and MM originally mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back