Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted to know if it was really as blatant as it felt, with pretty much every other team running with something Heritage our "Retro" at some point, so I scoured footyjumpers.com and the footy jumpers board and came up with this list, this is just this year:

Adelaide: -
Brisbane: Fitzroy away Guernsey
Bears inspired Indigenous Guernsey
One-off 20 year anniversary of 2002 premiership Guernsey
Carlton: -
Collingwood: -
Essendon: Heritage logo for entire year
One-off 150 years Guernsey
Fremantle: "Retro Round" One-off 99 Away Guernsey
Geelong: "Retro Round" one-off Guernsey
Gold Coast: -
GWS: -
Hawthorn: "Legends" clash guernsey "inspired by a Guernsey from 1933"
Melbourne: 75-inspired clash guernsey
North Melbourne: Return to heritage blue stripes on white permanent home Guernsey
Richmond: -
St. Kilda: 97-inspired clash guernsey
Sydney: South Melbourne Guernsey for all Victorian games plus as a clash
West Coast: 1987-inspired clash guernsey
Western Bulldogs: "Retro Round" One-off 25 years since Whitten Oval Guernsey

It's pretty ridiculous.
Wow... what a joke... Just wear the PB's! We are getting laughed at anyways...

The oppressors could make it harder to buy PB's. Make them limited edition $250/$350 garments only. Make the SANFL ones hard to buy compared to any other SANFL team.

The club needs to be innovative with PB merch. We can have black merch with white PA but no official logo or sponsors, so we can have basic black and white merch.

When we played Carlton the last season at FP and wore the PB that game (which we bloody lost), my mate and I asked KT if they could organise cheap black t-shirts with screen printed white bars to sell at the game. They made up 2000 and sold out. We wondered how many more they could have made and sold.

The club needs to be innovative with PB merch. We can have black merch with white PA but no official logo or sponsors, so we can have basic black and white merch.

When we played Carlton the last season at FP and wore the PB that game (which we bloody lost), my mate and I asked KT if they could organise cheap black t-shirts with screen printed white bars to sell at the game. They made up 2000 and sold out. We wondered how many more they could have made and sold.
They could easily do that.

But they don't want to.

Pissing money down the rain.

They'd make far more money selling them at a premium price than the "stealth" range they are having to sell at cost because no one wants them.

If this somehow is allowed to happen it might just be the grossest lack of justice I’ve seen in football period. I’m not sure if they’d actually try to get to wear it, and I wouldn’t mind seeing them wear it, but if we fought for years and years to wear colours we wore for 95 years (most of which in the PBs) and still haven’t been guaranteed their use twice a year, only for GWS to wear the Bulldogs colours on a jumper they wore for a grand total of 1 of their 2 pre-AFL seasons I might actually vomit.
4FA83E31-A75D-4274-9569-2782B92D10CC.jpeg

It's kind of just hilarious how the AFL shut down heritage rounds at Ed's behest just so he could pull a swifty in 2007, but now are realising that a) so many fans want it for their club and b) that therefore that there is a huge untapped market just sitting there.

So instead of reinstating them and telling the old racist irrelevant fool to shove it, they get the mouthpiece media mainly made up of ex Vic players to push a "Retro round", and let the guernseys that won't shake the foundations of the boys club get out there by stealth.

They could easily do that.

But they don't want to.

Pissing money down the rain.

They'd make far more money selling them at a premium price than the "stealth" range they are having to sell at cost because no one wants them.

I’m voting with my wallet from now on. I’ll gladly buy the PBs and the odd piece in black/white and shun everything else.

I encourage others to do the same if they aren’t already. Money talks.

I wanted to know if it was really as blatant as it felt, with pretty much every other team running with something Heritage our "Retro" at some point, so I scoured footyjumpers.com and the footy jumpers board and came up with this list, this is just this year:

Adelaide: -
Brisbane: Fitzroy away Guernsey
Bears inspired Indigenous Guernsey
One-off 20 year anniversary of 2002 premiership Guernsey
Carlton: -
Collingwood: -
Essendon: Heritage logo for entire year
One-off 150 years Guernsey
Fremantle: "Retro Round" One-off 99 Away Guernsey
Geelong: "Retro Round" one-off Guernsey
Gold Coast: -
GWS: -
Hawthorn: "Legends" clash guernsey "inspired by a Guernsey from 1933"
Melbourne: 75-inspired clash guernsey
North Melbourne: Return to heritage blue stripes on white permanent home Guernsey
Richmond: -
St. Kilda: 97-inspired clash guernsey
Sydney: South Melbourne Guernsey for all Victorian games plus as a clash
West Coast: 1987-inspired clash guernsey
Western Bulldogs: "Retro Round" One-off 25 years since Whitten Oval Guernsey

It's pretty ridiculous.
You forgot one…

Port Adelaide: “STEALTH”

Port Adelaide Football Club
Port Stealthelaide Football Stealth
Port Stealthelaide Stealthball Stealth
Stealth Stealthelaide Stealthball Stealth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m voting with my wallet from now on. I’ll gladly buy the PBs and the odd piece in black/white and shun everything else.

I encourage others to do the same if they aren’t already. Money talks.

I'm not buying a thing that isn't a Prison Bar guernsey or directly PB related until Hinkley is gone, but probably even a bit after that as well. Nothing with teal on it. The more PBs in the crowd, the better.

Another good turnout today, last week we had Ginever, this week Rebecca Morse.
Quite a few turned up after the pic.

Just a regular reminder.

Attachments

• 620C07D2-067C-4A41-B353-9B0DC040D42C.jpeg
    620C07D2-067C-4A41-B353-9B0DC040D42C.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 57
Is this happening at a particular time before each game at Russell's statue? I'll be there if that's the case!
Yes it has been for the past few games, we will probably do for the last two as well. It is advertised on the BBTB social medias as each game time is different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back