2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

GCFC 19.14.128 def PTM 8.1.59 by 69 points

Disposals: Fiorini (33), Flanders (30), Nicholls (26), Davies (23), Bowes (22), Constable (22)
Goals: Corbett (5.1), Day (3.2), Sexton (3.0), Burgess (2.3), Flanders (2.1). Fiorini (2.1), Conroy (1.0), Tsitas (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (52) and Conroy (6) def Hofert (14) and O'Sullivan (2)

Fiorini our best mid. He just can’t crack the first midfield though. Davies and Flanders showing good numbers.

Nicholls did well and might be worth holding onto as a half-back.

Our tall forwards dominated in the air and with marks inside 50.

Even Sexton did some nice things.

Moyle well on top in the ruck and help our early game dominance.

So our VFL team enters the top 8 for the first time this year after that win. Finals would be a nice reward for all the hard work they've put in late in this season but we've got the bye and then Southport so I don't really like our chances of getting more points on the board over the next fortnight. Our final VFL game against North's reserves will probably determine whether our 2s play finals this year.

So our VFL team enters the top 8 for the first time this year after that win. Finals would be a nice reward for all the hard work they've put in late in this season but we've got the bye and then Southport so I don't really like our chances of getting more points on the board over the next fortnight. Our final VFL game against North's reserves will probably determine whether our 2s play finals this year.
Yeah I was worried about the Southport game too but they lost to Essendon last week and got pumped by 40 points against Collingwood this week.

It's oddly gettable, They've got the bye before they play us but I guess so do we so it depends who comes out of it hotter.

Then again I called Carlton beating Williamstown a "slam dunk" this week so what do I know?

A win over Southport today just about seals a spot in the VFL finals for our 2s. Our club has never competed in the VFL finals before (neither have Southport for that matter but they've already qualified) so this would be a nice little achievement to tick off before the end of the year. Having said that, a loss to the Sharks and a win over North next week might also be enough to get us into the finals but I'd rather them just beat Southport today and just about guarantee it.

No one is standing out pretty woeful hopefully no injuries in seniors.

Whoever doesn’t have a contract next year will definitely not be offered one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s winning our b&f?

Ned
Fiorini
Burgess

All a class above in this grade

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back