2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much what both Bulldogs and then Collingwood got, when they traded their picks in the same scenario.

No need for you to make smart @rse comments with every reply.

We are good mate, just teasing. I will tone it down :heart:

I'd ask pick 5 and get berry to take some of the heavy lifting done by Rowell lifted

This.

It's so obvious, I don't know why so many can't get their heads around it.

The Crows will fight tooth and nail to keep Berry - watch out for Crouch to be thrown into the mix instead.they need his salary off books to pay for Rankine.

As for Scholl, McAdam and Milera - no, just no.

Why would we be interested in 3 first round picks this year? Bringing in two top talents - pick 5 from Crows and our pick 7 should be enough. I would just move the rest to next year.
If we can walk away this trade period with 3 first rounders and all 2nds and 3rds moved to future picks I will consider it a successful trade period.

Busslinger, Hollands and either Clark or Tsatas and I’m a happy man

I will miss Cochrane.

He's really strong on backing the Suns and you have to love him for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Thomas appears to have had some issues at North (who wouldn't? Even Horne-Francis struggled) if we end up getting him for relatively cheap like a late second rounder then that would be a pretty good outcome considering we're in desperate need of classy and quick halfback like him. Trading out a talent indigenous small forward for a top 5 pick and trading in a talented indigenous small/medium defender for a second rounder would probably be one of the best outcomes we could hope for in this trade period. Of course you'd hope the club has done its due diligence and is confident they can get the best out of Thomas before doing the deal.

Something around Brisbane's first would be required I reckon. Definitely some risk there but could be a real x factor centre-fwd like the petracca,dangerfield, dusty, bolton types.

Although Thomas appears to have had some issues at North (who wouldn't? Even Horne-Francis struggled) if we end up getting him for relatively cheap like a late second rounder then that would be a pretty good outcome considering we're in desperate need of classy and quick halfback like him. Trading out a talent indigenous small forward for a top 5 pick and trading in a talented indigenous small/medium defender for a second rounder would probably be one of the best outcomes we could hope for in this trade period. Of course you'd hope the club has done its due diligence and is confident they can get the best out of Thomas before doing the deal.
Hey north fan here, just thought I’d add a little info tarryn did have issues with nobel then went through personal issues with his grandmother passing away (took extended time off the grieve) and probably lost a heap of conditioning after covid interrupted pre season and then broke his ribs in rnd 2 (probably returned to early).

He is contracted until end of 2024 and the club apparently rate him very highly. Whilst a late second (as suggested) might be on the face of it , based on his 2022 output reasonably fair I’d be surprised and a bit disappointed we’d let him go for that . His ceiling is very high clearly and I’d hope the change in coaching and off field staff might give both him and the club the thought that he could get back to the footy he’s shown glimpses of. I don’t want to say he’s untouchable but I hope the Roos don’t trade him at this point (selling low so to speak)

I don’t intend this as an argument, just adding to the discussion hope that’s taken as genuine.

Hey north fan here, just thought I’d add a little info tarryn did have issues with nobel then went through personal issues with his grandmother passing away (took extended time off the grieve) and probably lost a heap of conditioning after covid interrupted pre season and then broke his ribs in rnd 2 (probably returned to early).

He is contracted until end of 2024 and the club apparently rate him very highly. Whilst a late second (as suggested) might be on the face of it , based on his 2022 output reasonably fair I’d be surprised and a bit disappointed we’d let him go for that . His ceiling is very high clearly and I’d hope the change in coaching and off field staff might give both him and the club the thought that he could get back to the footy he’s shown glimpses of. I don’t want to say he’s untouchable but I hope the Roos don’t trade him at this point (selling low so to speak)

I don’t intend this as an argument, just adding to the discussion hope that’s taken as genuine.

I don’t think a second rounder would cut it. Late first rounder would be needed with a few other picks coming back and forth

I don’t think a second rounder would cut it. Late first rounder would be needed with a few other picks coming back and forth
tend to agree but like I said I think we’d be selling low considering the year he had, I would think as he’s contracted for two years we’d keep him for at least one more to increase his value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back