Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current midfield age profiles is why I think we will go with the best midfielders early in the upcoming drafts, especially if we get a decent pick for Dunkley.

Tbh, if Treloar left I wouldn't be overly phased.
Treloar is fast becoming our 2nd most important mid because he is the only one with leg speed who can hit a target, would be phased if he left other than Bont who else can exit the front of a centre clearance and kick a goal on the run?

He smoked a few cones then tried to defraud a drug test and was that big of a DH he didn't realise they test for performance enhancing not recreational
He’s maybe a little stupid but **** if that was a non negotiable than half the AFL would be without a list spot.

His **** ups are a lot lot LOT more tolerable than our previous vice captains as just one example currently on the list.

He’d be brilliant and if we got him cheaper because he likes to smoke bongs every now and again even better

Jimmy Rowe will be a walk up start to our midfield

Round 1 next year

In Rowe, McComb
Out Treloar, Dunkley

excited gif on Tumblr

It’s much more than that. I would rather have kept Stringer
emoji2961.png
than recruit this particular player
emoji2961.png

IF you accidentally draft a DH that is a failure of drafting BUT IF you recruit a known one, well that’s a complete failure of the entire Football department.

Strong pass from me
Firstly someone being a DH is an opinion, many would have considered Libba, Biggs(traded), Dahlhaus,etc to be DHs
You are kidding yourself if you think all our players are angels and as it is fanciful to think you could win a premiership with 22 players that are perfect off field.
Prior this season Tyson Stengle was a huge DH, now AA, playing for the flag favourites and you think the Geelong footy department regret it?
Rioli has done some wrong things but is a good player, way better than Rowe, how about we back our footy department to get the best of out him?

Griffin Logue will be our burst mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going into next year our current midfield group will be Libba, 30, Treloar, 30, Macrae 28, Hunter 28, Bont 27, Dunkley 26 and Baz 22.

If Dunkley leaves, we only have 1 established midfielder the right side of 27. Baz looks really isolated on that list.
I take your point but I can trump this list of 'oldies' with this one: Selwood 34, Smith 34, Dangerfield 32, Duncan 31, Guthrie 30. These guys don't go too badly.🤔 Possibly only Parfitt 24, can be considered a 'youngster'.

Treloar is fast becoming our 2nd most important mid because he is the only one with leg speed who can hit a target, would be phased if he left other than Bont who else can exit the front of a centre clearance and kick a goal on the run?
Treloar is not a great midfielder. He lacks basic discipline around stoppages and is a defensive liability not to mention his poor decision making when he has to make quick decisions in congestion.

For someone that is 29, on 900k (300k paid by former club) he doesn't add much to the group in terms of leadership or the general culture.

Two years post that trade, Collingwood clearly won that trade. we still have to pay him 1.8M over the next three years. And gave away some picks that could have been used on some handy players.

Treloar is not a great midfielder. He lacks basic discipline around stoppages and is a defensive liability not to mention his poor decision making when he has to make quick decisions in congestion.

For someone that is 29, on 900k (300k paid by former club) he doesn't add much to the group in terms of leadership or the general culture.

Two years post that trade, Collingwood clearly won that trade. we still have to pay him 1.8M over the next three years. And gave away some picks that could have been used on some handy players.
How do you know that he doesn’t add much to the group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back