Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not getting Barrass - let alone having people take the joke about him being our captain seriously.

Our next chance of a KPD next year is Dunkley choosing Brisbane and we work Payne into the deal, given we've chased him in the past

If Brissie don't lure Dunks, I'd still chase him with a truckload of picks for Brissie to use on their bids

How good a player is Payne?
Don’t know a lot about him, only that he’s been mentioned in here a few times.

How good a player is Payne?
Don’t know a lot about him, only that he’s been mentioned in here a few times.
Rock solid. No AA type but would instantly be our best KPD. Had played forward a little bit too but a much better defender. Lump of a kid who can take the big boys. Second half of the second last round he showed a bit of pace and agility for his size too I never knew he had.

I really like him, can understand why we chased him last year.

Rock solid. No AA type but would instantly be our best KPD. Had played forward a little bit too but a much better defender. Lump of a kid who can take the big boys. Second half of the second last round he showed a bit of pace and agility for his size too I never knew he had.

What would we need to spend? 2nd rounder?

The second Ashcroft is draft eligible in 2024, not next year. But overall point about a deal being difficult is very correct, we’ll need a silly amount of points to match bids this year.

Aside from Ashcroft, you also have another player rated top 25 by most draft analysts too.

IF you get end of first round compensation for McStay (Pies paying way too much), then you will have the required points without trading.

I expect you will have assets to trade in a player too BUT I doubt that player would be Dunkley (you would need a first round pick plus).

Unless you are trading your future first…. In that case, no points issues at all!

What would we need to spend? 2nd rounder?
Brisbane care about total points this year rather than picks so hard to say.
I know we've been interested in the past and he's an upgrade on what we have.

I have real reservations about Liam Jones so I do want us to consider a KPD at trade time. The market is very thin for KPDs though, less so for those who have shown they can actually play at AFL level.

His value is probably an early third plus a future third OR equivalent.

Definitely a good player and would be the best FB we have had since Morris.

It would allow Liam Jones to play intercept and Keath* or Gardner to play the second tall.

*Expecting Keath to retire.

Marcus Adams being ruled out of the season with concussion, may result in the Lions not wanting to give up Payne.

Adams as we know is figuratively made of glass and any games you get from him are a huge bonus. With McStay McLeaving, Lions won’t give up a player likely to be playing regularly.

I would suggest we have about as much chance of getting Barrass as Payne….

Looking for experienced players that aren’t midfielders; is really difficult. I think the club should be drafting KPD and focusing on their development.

Marcus Adams being ruled out of the season with concussion, may result in the Lions not wanting to give up Payne.

Adams as we know is figuratively made of glass and any games you get from him are a huge bonus. With McStay McLeaving, Lions won’t give up a player likely to be playing regularly.

I would suggest we have about as much chance of getting Barrass as Payne….

Looking for experienced players that aren’t midfielders; is really difficult. I think the club should be drafting KPD and focusing on their development.

Isn’t Logue a viable target?

We're not getting Barrass - let alone having people take the joke about him being our captain seriously.

Our next chance of a KPD next year is Dunkley choosing Brisbane and we work Payne into the deal, given we've chased him in the past

If Brissie don't lure Dunks, I'd still chase him with a truckload of picks for Brissie to use on their bids
Unfortunately Marcus Adams' career looks rocky due to concussion.

Payne would be unlikely I think.

Power needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Isn’t Logue a viable target?

Logue likely to be staying. Freo have the money now that Bradshaw isn’t going there in FA. Logue is WA born and unless we are massively overpaying, he isn’t moving this year. I doubt we are going to offer that type of money for a player who his team doesn’t play as KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows asking if Jordan Sweet would like a trade home

Gives them more ruck back up after Frampton will likely move on

Sweet pretty set in Melbourne so would take a bit to get him over the line to return home

Dogs hoping to sign James Rowe as a delisted free agent but would happy trade a late pick to secure James and a future pick

Sweet pretty set in Melbourne so would take a bit to get him over the line to return home

Dogs hoping to sign James Rowe as a delisted free agent but would happy trade a late pick to secure James and a future pick
Cheers.

Don't know why Crom want Sweet when they have Straughan

Small sample size but against Melbourne he was so slow when ball came to ground, turning circle of a cruise ship. Granted you don't expect that to be a strength for a KPD but it was worrying. Conversely he roosted a shot at goal from 55m without any back lift which was encouraging.

The fact that he is in the conversation as been our best KPD should he come to the Dogs just shows hoe bad out KPD stock are at the club.

He would be a good get at the right price.

Is this the same Frampton who won the Majak Daw medal in Rd 6 in Ballarat?

Why would they be getting rid of him? WE should be all over him....he's exactly what we need!.............

They were great but unfortunately they stopped posting due to campaigners on this forum....
I guess that makes anybody who questions anything said by anybody on this board a campaigner. Right?

Last edited:
Is this the same Frampton who won the Majak Daw medal in Rd 6 in Ballarat?

Why would they be getting rid of him? WE should be all over him....he's exactly what we need!.............
hes got a big offer from the Pies to come over

Logue likely to be staying. Freo have the money now that Bradshaw isn’t going there in FA. Logue is WA born and unless we are massively overpaying, he isn’t moving this year. I doubt we are going to offer that type of money for a player who his team doesn’t play as KPD.
Plus if people don't like Gardner's "safe" kicking, they woudl lose it at Logue's.
Incredible athlete

Cheers.

Don't know why Crom want Sweet when they have Straughan
TBH I'd take Strachan. Perhaps not as good in the taps but far better arounds the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back