Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Semi Final vs. Fremantle, Saturday Sept 10th - 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re forgetting 2020 v the Eagles. But that’s not the point, we’ve been successful when we have that big target down the line. Checkers and AJ can’t be excepted to take that transition pack mark when other teams cut off the run through the middle which they do. Look at Stewart in the last quarter, the McCartins, May, lever etc. We need that big target regardless, that’s why fly was keen on Krueger playing but didn’t pull the trigger to put him in the 22.
I like our forwards atm but we are missing, to use an old term, a bear in the square.
Mmm, yes, that target down the line that took a whopping 2 marks yesterday. Lmao, yeah, because he played another good game 2 years ago he’s a star forward.
He’s a good ruck. Happy for one of him or Cameron to stay in the side, but please, just stop with this nonsense of telling me he’s a proven performer because of one game 4 years ago and another 2 years ago.

Consensus seems to be that we should drop either or both of our top goal scorers 🤷🏻‍♂️
Checkers will kick 4 next week. Nothing surer than a quality forward coming out and kicking a bag once the masses on BF start calling for them to be dropped. Happened with Ginni the other week too.

I think it’s up to you to offer stats that they are the worst players in the league, if you want to support your foolish comments..
These stats ain't screaming "superstars"

Callum
Screenshot_20220904-143236_Chrome.jpg

Tyler
Screenshot_20220904-143925_Chrome.jpg

Now compare Johnson
Screenshot_20220904-144433_Chrome.jpg

and Carmichael
Screenshot_20220904-144513_Chrome.jpg

As a top 4 side I prefer the last two sets of stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-144433_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-144433_Chrome.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 37
Tyler I’m not yet willing to abandon. Callum however has no skills or talent that is good enough for the highest level.
Checkers will kick 4 next week. Nothing surer than a quality forward coming out and kicking a bag once the masses on BF start calling for them to be dropped. Happened with Ginni the other week too.

Hope so! I’d ask for five, but we all know Checkers is incapable of more than four goals in a game…

Having seen the dogs towel us up at Marvel, earlier this year, l am relieved that we are not playing them. Freo, like us has modest forward line and their mids are not as threatening as the dogs mids. It will come down to the defences and who applies the most pressure.
Yep, the two teams in the bottom half I have concerns over are gone, Dogs and Tigers, like our chances better against Freo at the G. That said I still think we would still get the job done against the mutts.

Tyler I’m not yet willing to abandon. Callum however has no skills or talent that is good enough for the highest level.

Hope so! I’d ask for five, but we all know Checkers is incapable of more than four goals in a game…
Checkers could kick 4, take a mark on the goal line, and then would be struck by lightning, or hit by a meteor before he could kick his 5th. It’s almost an impossible task for him at this point.

Checkers could kick 4, take a mark on the goal line, and then would be struck by lightning, or hit by a meteor before he could kick his 5th. It’s almost an impossible task for him at this point.
Checkers had a mare but he's got plenty of credits in the bank. And there's always the option of playing him in his true position as an intercept defender.

Checkers had a mare but he's got plenty of credits in the bank. And there's always the option of playing him in his true position as an intercept defender.
Means cause he has kicked 4 goals about 28times

Jesus flattest I've been since 2018

Hard to see a miracle happening now

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmm, yes, that target down the line that took a whopping 2 marks yesterday. Lmao, yeah, because he played another good game 2 years ago he’s a star forward.
He’s a good ruck. Happy for one of him or Cameron to stay in the side, but please, just stop with this nonsense of telling me he’s a proven performer because of one game 4 years ago and another 2 years ago.
Oh stop it How many marks did Stanley , Mihocek, Hawkins , Blicavs take yesterday? Sick of these stats plucked out to suit an agenda. He contested well, tackled , rucked and gave his all.

He's had better days than yesterday but so has the All Australian captain. Cox was a strong component of our 11 game winning streak. We don't have to reference his prelim in 2018 to justify his position.

Last edited:
People will call me crazy, which I am, but I would bring in C Brown for Adams. I'd tell him to follow Serong wherever he goes. Brayshaw can be minded by Pendles and DeGoey. Serong needs to be stopped and has never had a player run with him.

I'd keep Kreuger sub. No other change.

Spot on, after watching the VFL last time round he is the only guy really busting an arse and who could contribute in a pressure cooker final.

Can’t risk Henry either, too fragile at this point in time.

Hopefully our fitness team can manage AJ through.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we keep bombing the ball long inside 50, Freddy would be a good option, because he is a big body & strong mark.
He's been doing plenty of running, so aerobically he should be OK, though obviously lacking match fitness.
If selected, he could be parked at full forward with instructions to crash packs and take marks or bring the ball to ground.
Then Billy could spend more time in the middle.
Like others, I think Checkers is carrying an injury, because he has been down on his normal output, so maybe he needs a breather.

Last edited:
Something isn’t right with Checkers.

I’m not sure if it’s a change role since AJ joined the team, but he’s just not taking marks or impacting the scoreboard.

Since AJs in the team - 6 games:

8 goals (1.33)
49 disposals (average 8.2)
12 marks (2)

Prior to AJ - 15 games

Average : 10 disposals, 2 goals & 5.53 marks.

Lost 20% of his possessions, 33% of his goals and 64% loss in marks.

Massive.

Without the context of the games scores etc it’s a pretty pointless comparison. For instance, we had 6 scores over 90 points earlier in the year, only 2 across AJ’s 6 games. Higher scores, more likelihood Checkers has an increased scoreboard contribution.

I think people are marking him harshly. He’s still the guy doing all the bulls king work inside F50. Add that yesterday our F50 delivery didn’t do to much to favor our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back