Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bombers are currently sounding out head coaches as has been made very public, but the laughable thing is they’re making approaches to current club coaches with an open cheque book. I have it on good info that they approached both Hardwick and Bev with an offer that would make them one of the top paid coaches in the league (behind one A. Clarkson). They also tried to poach both Alan Richardson and Mark Williams. They’re now in conversations with Leon Cameron whom they initially approached as a ‘football director’ but have since had to adjust their offers. This info comes from the Cameron camp FYI.

When are they going to understand that money won’t fix the s**t show that is the poisonous corporate culture at Essendon? It will be interesting to see who actually takes up that role now. Embarrassing.
The Essendon Pres really painted himself into a corner when he specifically stated that Rutten's lack of senior coaching experience counted against him in his dismissal.

If they don't get a coach with more senior experience they look even stupider again. Absolute horror show.

The club (or their outsourced marketing dept) just rang me up asking me to buy a $100 ticket to enter a draw.

It’s a bit of a high figure in these days of rising interest rates and inflation?

I’d happily pay $10 or $20 for a meat tray raffle . $30 if Patrick Bowden cooks the meat on a BBQ .
Mine was $200 a couple of weeks ago.

Mine was $200 a couple of weeks ago.
Mine too.
As I have posted previously was not purchasing the ticket in protest at the club offering the SEN membership deal just before seasons start as a better deal than I got for buying early. Looks like they are doing the same thing with these tickets. I feel violated!

For your health I am a little relieved if I’m being honest.
Death by cheeseburger is my preferred manner of leaving this life! :hamburger:

The Bombers are currently sounding out head coaches as has been made very public, but the laughable thing is they’re making approaches to current club coaches with an open cheque book. I have it on good info that they approached both Hardwick and Bev with an offer that would make them one of the top paid coaches in the league (behind one A. Clarkson). They also tried to poach both Alan Richardson and Mark Williams. They’re now in conversations with Leon Cameron whom they initially approached as a ‘football director’ but have since had to adjust their offers. This info comes from the Cameron camp FYI.

When are they going to understand that money won’t fix the s**t show that is the poisonous corporate culture at Essendon? It will be interesting to see who actually takes up that role now. Embarrassing.
The shit show at Bumbres just got a whole lot shitter!!! This is inspirational to me!!!

I am fairly glad that we didn't win as we would have got the same pasting as Freo. I haven't had to be annoyed by the Ticketing system, paid over the odds for a ticket and end up on public transport with one entire bay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a rumour Jake Stringer is visiting my daughters school (primary) tomorrow for footy colours day. It’s in Newport/Altona north and the “mums” chat is going off. I’m a dad but my wife has mentioned it.
Firstly, why the feck isn’t a Bulldog.
Secondly, how do you point out to these clueless catholic mums he has questionable history.

There’s a rumour Jake Stringer is visiting my daughters school (primary) tomorrow for footy colours day. It’s in Newport/Altona north and the “mums” chat is going off. I’m a dad but my wife has mentioned it.
Firstly, why the feck isn’t a Bulldog.
Secondly, how do you point out to these clueless catholic mums he has questionable history.

Go straight to the principal and talk about Stringer. They make the decision and saying that bringing an adulterer as a special guest into your school; is not likely to be viewed favourably by God. The fact that he cheated on his wife with school girls (plural), is an important part of this message. The principle should not be aiding him in meeting more school girls.

Go straight to the principal and talk about Stringer. They make the decision and saying that bringing an adulterer as a special guest into your school; is not likely to be viewed favourably by God. The fact that he cheated on his wife with school girls (plural), is an important part of this message. The principle should not be aiding him in meeting more school girls.
Principal

Treating this post as sarcastic.

In 1970 our school class traveled to the MCG to see the Queen
From memory it looked something like this

7173733464_6a6a10715e_b.jpg

Some things stay with you forever :)

How did you photograph your memory?

Can't find many photos or info of the event other than the attachment
From memory "looked like" the attachment (school kids on the MCG)

We sat on the MCG in front of the old members from memory
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip where driven around both standing in the jeep like vehicle at some distance to me
Unfortunately they came nowhere near me
Sorry that's the best my memory allows as it was some time ago

All the Richmond v Fitzroy game info and Queen pictures where published in booklet - Football Book 1970 The Royal Year, 64 pages - as pictured

s-l1600 - 2022-09-16T114315.062.jpg

To your question, we all carry photographs in our memories :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back