Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't find many photos or info of the event other than the attachment
From memory "looked like" the attachment (school kids on the MCG)

We sat on the MCG in front of the old members from memory
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip where driven around both standing in the jeep like vehicle at some distance to me
Unfortunately they came nowhere near me
Sorry that's the best my memory allows as it was some time ago

All the Richmond v Fitzroy game info and Queen pictures where published in booklet - Football Book 1970 The Royal Year, 64 pages - as pictured

View attachment 1509272

To your question, we all carry photographs in our memories :)
I trust she was rooting for Fitzroy (if you'll pardon the plebeian expression).

The Royal Coat of Arms doesn't have a tiger on it.

I trust she was rooting for Fitzroy (if you'll pardon the plebeian expression).

The Royal Coat of Arms doesn't have a tiger on it.

Fitzroy 116 defeated Richmond 96 (reigning premiers) first game of the year in 1970

Its quite possible the Queen would have been very amused :)

Fitzroy 116 defeated Richmond 96 (reigning premiers) first game of the year in 1970

Its quite possible the Queen would have been very amused :)
... until they started playing The Marseillaise. 🦁

Matt Panos kicked the winner for Norwood in today’s SANFL grand final.

Jade Rawlings coached the win

Any ideas on when the club review is happening? We start delisting and trading soon. Would have thought first would be a review

Regarding the Hawthorn report, the article indicates this occured during the dynasty.

Bevo was an assistant during this time, if the full report indicates bevo, god forbid, was complicit or overlooked these things you'd think he has to go.

Regarding the Hawthorn report, the article indicates this occured during the dynasty.

Bevo was an assistant during this time, if the full report indicates bevo, god forbid, was complicit or overlooked these things you'd think he has to go.
Not exactly, it only mentions this occured during Clarkson's time as head coach which means 2005-21. Fagan was at the club between 2008-16, Burt from 2007-18, and Bevo was there between 2012-14. There could be overlap with Bevo but not necessarily.

I have become curious recently as to which person would have been associated with Footscray/Western Bulldogs for the most years. Would it be Gary Zimmerman? What year did he first join the club?
I believe Rohan Smith has now had 26 years association: 15 years playing from 1992 to 2006 and now 11 years as an assistant coach.
Jack Collins had 24 consecutive years between 1950 and 1973 as a player, secretary and president.

I have become curious recently as to which person would have been associated with Footscray/Western Bulldogs for the most years. Would it be Gary Zimmerman? What year did he first join the club?
I believe Rohan Smith has now had 26 years association: 15 years playing from 1992 to 2006 and now 11 years as an assistant coach.
Jack Collins had 24 consecutive years between 1950 and 1973 as a player, secretary and president.
According to his profile, Zimmerman has been at the club 26 yrs also. Interestingly he was at Richmond and LOL Essendon before that. His profile is amazing; very impressive cv - Dr Gary Zimmerman

Vic Samson, Charlie Zinnick or Jim Cassidy (all involved as players, secretary, official and trainer/coach in both VFA and VFL era) and all had 25 plus years of involvement at the club.
I think Samson played for 20 years before becoming club secretary, Zinnick played elsewhere at times so maybe not all consecutive, and Cassidy played in the 1890s, was a long-term trainer, and in 1926 filled in as senior coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to his profile, Zimmerman has been at the club 26 yrs also. Interestingly he was at Richmond and LOL Essendon before that. His profile is amazing; very impressive cv - Dr Gary Zimmerman

Down in the bottom left-hand corner of that link there is a copyright date of 2016, so wouldn't that mean 2016 was Zimmerman's 26th year with the club?

Meanwhile Vanders is in the halftime sprint. Goodbye hamstrings.
It did actually have me slightly concerned. I’d be surprised if the participants completed a full 30 min + warmup that they usually would before a game.

Interesting choice of player to put forward though.

Meanwhile Vanders is in the halftime sprint. Goodbye hamstrings.

He finished second by the looks of things. Did anyone else notice he nearly stepped on Miles Bergman's toes when he attempted to change lanes? About the 1:38 mark of this clip. You can see Bergman react to it.

He finished second by the looks of things. Did anyone else notice he nearly stepped on Miles Bergman's toes when he attempted to change lanes? About the 1:38 mark of this clip. You can see Bergman react to it.

Did Bergman drift out? 10.56 is pretty good for 100m!

Watching the Grand Final yesterday made me realise how many players of high moral character we lack.
As much as i admired but hated Joel Selwood he is now at God status His taking out of Levi Ablett, his respect to the medal presenter, his respect and interaction with all the Nab Kids and finally his interaction with Sam the Waterboy. A true champion and good human. His game was top drawer also.
But then you look at players like Hawkins and Dangerfield who also lead the way as good people.
I see Bont and then I see a void of quality leaders in our group.
It wouldn't be the worst thing to model our team values on what the Cats do as a club.

Selwood does seem like a legit good guy. Would be the perfect time to retire now and enjoy the more important things in life.

Still think Danger is a flog, was screaming at Issac Smith in the fourth to hit him up on leads so he could hit the scoreboard and try steal that Norm Smith.

Selwood does seem like a legit good guy. Would be the perfect time to retire now and enjoy the more important things in life.

Still think Danger is a flog, was screaming at Issac Smith in the fourth to hit him up on leads so he could hit the scoreboard and try steal that Norm Smith.
Thank Dog he didn’t win the NSM, I was scared they’d give it to him anyway just because Dangerrrrr 🥴.

Getting over Geelong’s win, wonder how Sydney fans are coping 🤭

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back