Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank Dog he didn’t win the NSM, I was scared they’d give it to him anyway just because Dangerrrrr 🥴.

Getting over Geelong’s win, wonder how Sydney fans are coping 🤭
Or how the Saints fan quoted in your sig is going. Did he comment on last year's result, and does he think a Cats win is a conspiracy too?
I suspect anything other than a Saints flag is an AFL/umpiring conspiracy with that one.

Or how the Saints fan quoted in your sig is going. Did he comment on last year's result, and does he think a Cats win is a conspiracy too?
I suspect anything other than a Saints flag is an AFL/umpiring conspiracy with that one.

Strange cat, that one.

Always whinging about umpires, especially in GFs.

Ducks for cover when the frees in the 1966 GF are mentioned.

39 - 26 Saints way :cool:

Strange cat, that one.

Always whinging about umpires, especially in GFs.

Ducks for cover when the frees in the 1966 GF are mentioned.

39 - 26 Saints way :cool:
Yeah, I know, I tried to engage him on that one once too. Or great bloke Allan Jeans condoning Neale blinding Stephen Boyle and O'Dea almost killing John Greening (and years later defending Matthews hit on Bruns on WoS).

I like this...

Dear Members,

2023 Membership Update:

As the 2022 AFL season has come to a close, we want to again extend our gratitude and thanks for your loyalty and support, and provide a further update ahead of your 2023 membership renewal.

You recently heard from President Kylie Watson-Wheeler as part of her end of season member update, including a commitment to deliver a better member experience for you into 2023.

We thank you for the feedback you provided through our member satisfaction survey, and it’s clear you expect more from us, both on and off the field.

You will have seen the exciting news from earlier today in relation to the appointment of Brendon Lade as assistant coach, and we’re also looking forward to what we hope will be a successful trade and draft period.

The AFL’s decision to return to a fixed fixture until Round 15 should help you in planning to attend games in 2023, while our fixture submission to the AFL has called for a greater balance of prime time and family friendly time slots.

A more structured fixture also reduces the need to communicate regular and detailed ticketing and member on-sale information, while we expect your match-day access arrangements to become simpler.

Digital ticketing became a necessity during the coronavirus pandemic, however we are aware of the challenges this created for many of our members. With this in mind, the Club has made the decision to return to barcoded membership cards for members on general admission and reserved seat memberships.

Members on either a flexible gold or silver membership will continue to redeem a fixed reserved seat via Ticketmaster, and so you only pay the stadium fee for games you know you will attend.

Our membership packs have been revamped for 2023. The contents inside, and the date you receive it, will change going forward. Members will have become accustomed to selecting a preferred member item through the renewal process which has resulted in popular items such as the member scarf becoming exhausted quickly, and not being available to members who want one.

Moving into 2023, all adult members will now receive a red, white & blue membership scarf as a standard pack inclusion. In addition, members on our Committed Bulldog plan will also receive a $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher which can be redeemed for any shop item, including the exclusive member range such as a member beanie or cap.

In coming weeks, we look forward to launching a new and improved membership website with improved features, content and navigation tools to help you better locate the information that you’re looking for. We’re also continuing to identify new ways we can bring you the content you enjoy such as the weekly ‘Bevo’s Brief’ email to help you feel more connected and closer to the Club.

Through the course of the year, we look forward to delivering a range of exclusive member events and connection opportunities and to ensure you can best share your experience as a member.

We can’t wait to have you on this journey with us, and to have you back on board as a Bulldogs member in 2023.

If you have any feedback or further questions, please contact the membership team on 1300 46 36 47 (GO DOGS) or email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

GO DOGS

Western Bulldogs Membership Team

I like this...

Dear Members,

2023 Membership Update:

As the 2022 AFL season has come to a close, we want to again extend our gratitude and thanks for your loyalty and support, and provide a further update ahead of your 2023 membership renewal.

You recently heard from President Kylie Watson-Wheeler as part of her end of season member update, including a commitment to deliver a better member experience for you into 2023.

We thank you for the feedback you provided through our member satisfaction survey, and it’s clear you expect more from us, both on and off the field.

You will have seen the exciting news from earlier today in relation to the appointment of Brendon Lade as assistant coach, and we’re also looking forward to what we hope will be a successful trade and draft period.

The AFL’s decision to return to a fixed fixture until Round 15 should help you in planning to attend games in 2023, while our fixture submission to the AFL has called for a greater balance of prime time and family friendly time slots.

A more structured fixture also reduces the need to communicate regular and detailed ticketing and member on-sale information, while we expect your match-day access arrangements to become simpler.

Digital ticketing became a necessity during the coronavirus pandemic, however we are aware of the challenges this created for many of our members. With this in mind, the Club has made the decision to return to barcoded membership cards for members on general admission and reserved seat memberships.

Members on either a flexible gold or silver membership will continue to redeem a fixed reserved seat via Ticketmaster, and so you only pay the stadium fee for games you know you will attend.

Our membership packs have been revamped for 2023. The contents inside, and the date you receive it, will change going forward. Members will have become accustomed to selecting a preferred member item through the renewal process which has resulted in popular items such as the member scarf becoming exhausted quickly, and not being available to members who want one.

Moving into 2023, all adult members will now receive a red, white & blue membership scarf as a standard pack inclusion. In addition, members on our Committed Bulldog plan will also receive a $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher which can be redeemed for any shop item, including the exclusive member range such as a member beanie or cap.

In coming weeks, we look forward to launching a new and improved membership website with improved features, content and navigation tools to help you better locate the information that you’re looking for. We’re also continuing to identify new ways we can bring you the content you enjoy such as the weekly ‘Bevo’s Brief’ email to help you feel more connected and closer to the Club.

Through the course of the year, we look forward to delivering a range of exclusive member events and connection opportunities and to ensure you can best share your experience as a member.

We can’t wait to have you on this journey with us, and to have you back on board as a Bulldogs member in 2023.

If you have any feedback or further questions, please contact the membership team on 1300 46 36 47 (GO DOGS) or email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

GO DOGS

Western Bulldogs Membership Team
I got that. I wondered if it just went out to members who left some negative comments on the survey?

Hello!

Thought I’d share a bit of Footscray history with you. My uncle, Robert (Bobby) Clark passed away a few weeks ago and I was surprised to learn he played 5 games for Footscray back in the 50s alongside Ted Whitten.

FDCAE874-0B6E-4C2C-B4D1-19F212EC7A36.jpeg

The story goes, he only played 5 games because he wouldn’t get on the piss with the rest of the team and had trouble making friends 😂

RIP Bob, glad you got to see your dogs win in 2016.

59FE433C-B517-4D8F-9FB7-3FAAA047A5CF.jpeg

Hello!

Thought I’d share a bit of Footscray history with you. My uncle, Robert (Bobby) Clark passed away a few weeks ago and I was surprised to learn he played 5 games for Footscray back in the 50s alongside Ted Whitten.

View attachment 1523202

The story goes, he only played 5 games because he wouldn’t get on the piss with the rest of the team and had trouble making friends 😂

RIP Bob, glad you got to see your dogs win in 2016.

View attachment 1523205
1664592301108.png

toyd-and-toby-jpg.1523274

292301351_543212250833991_5400056198522433739_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have very much disposable income at the moment, but feel the need to wear some Dogs pride. Besides the WOOGS hat I found at a $2 shop - could the Footscray Savers be a go?

I don't have very much disposable income at the moment, but feel the need to wear some Dogs pride. Besides the WOOGS hat I found at a $2 shop - could the Footscray Savers be a go?
I have some unused scarves and caps ......

People choice and Heritage credit union have now merged not sure if this will effect our sponsorship or future sponsorship as Heritage is mainly Queensland based

We are delighted to advise that our merger with Heritage, a similar-sized mutual just like us, has been approved by members, with both organisations’ members voting strongly in favour of creating Australia’s leading member-owned banking organisation at their respective meetings on 16 November 2022.

Thank you to all eligible members who took the opportunity to have their say on such a significant development in our 70-year history.

We all know the AFL so-called “competitions” are just marketing exercises and if they are based on a fan vote then no WB player will ever win one simply because some other clubs have a much bigger fan base and they all vote for their own players.

So …

I propose we have a BF WB comp in 2023 with Mark, Goal and Courageous Act of the Week. We could also have Play of the Week for outrageous skill and daring but maybe that’s too much.

It would rely on whoever does each nomination posting a short video of the goal/mark/act/play that they are nominating, but there seems to be no shortage of clips each week.

Nominations in by say Monday or Tuesday night. Voting closes by 7pm Friday night following the game.
Weekly winners to go into an end of season vote.

Open only to WB players of course.

And because we know we on this board are the only true, fair and unbiased people on the internet we know the outcome would be a fair and just result.

Whaddya reckon? Worth a go?

Good day Bulldogs supporters.

I'm an American footy fan and podcaster (A Yank on the Footy). I have been following the game since 2016, and footy has become my sole sports focus.

I've had a small thread in the podcast section of Big Footy for a few years. While we are mired in the offseason, I am working to set up some discussions with supporters that want to discuss their most memorable game. If you're interested, please consider reaching out to me at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com. My first episode of this series (recalling a game from 1973) is out now.

Cheers,
Craig Wessels
Host of "A Yank on the Footy" Podcast
Sandusky, Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good day Bulldogs supporters.

I'm an American footy fan and podcaster (A Yank on the Footy). I have been following the game since 2016, and footy has become my sole sports focus.

I've had a small thread in the podcast section of Big Footy for a few years. While we are mired in the offseason, I am working to set up some discussions with supporters that want to discuss their most memorable game. If you're interested, please consider reaching out to me at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com. My first episode of this series (recalling a game from 1973) is out now.

Cheers,
Craig Wessels
Host of "A Yank on the Footy" Podcast
Sandusky, Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Drew Carey Ohio GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back