Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy was right. Scott is a visitor. Todays appointment confirms it.
Never one of us. Period.
This x a million.

Coaching isn't his vocation or passion. He's purely and simply a careerist who's in it to make maximum $$$$. Unfortunately, that attitude rubbed off on a not insignificant number of our players during his tenure.

He's a perfect fit for a soulless sh*thole like Tullamarine.

trainwreck GIF

The words shinboner and was don’t go together. You either possess it or you don’t.

Shinboner Spirit is for losers. It’s a big load of shot like Bloods Culture.

He was one of us!

He copped a 30k fine for sticking up for a bloke many of you slagged off anonymously on the internet!
Scott calling out an ump for his treatment of Lindsay Thomas was the one and only time I saw him as a truly North Melbourne person. Boomer backed the allegation next day on TV but it didn't take long for the AFL to step all over the situation. $30k was a heavy penalty.

Possibly unpopular, but I've always been of the view that Brad would be a very good coach second time around. He had many strengths but was brought down by the inability to overcome his weaknesses. I suspect that given the time he's had to dwell on it, he will ensure he doesn't fall into the same traps (e.g. there will be no automatic selections at * next year).

Conspiracy theory: the AFL pushed him to take the job after all of the other candidates dropped away. No doubt Gil has made the terms very attractive.

I’ve never told you a thing. But bad Brad was bad.

This is the 1st post I’ve ever read from you. Lift.
A quick search found these gems.

Yep - I think he can coach but a fresh voice and ideas to start a re-build might be more beneficial.
I would be fine if they extend.

There is no way he is as bad a coach as some are making out in this thread. Its why he is being touted as an immediate replacement for the biggest club in the country as well as one of the AFL new expansion teams. If he was no good he would have been written off like Bucks.

End of the day KT you wanted Scott gone since he started in 2010. Never open to the idea that he was good for the Roos. IMO your hatred towards Scott blinds you to the good he is doing.

I don’t mind him going but he has done a good job

Time to extend. Let him do the full re build.

Maybe - just maybe - yoi’re wrong and he actually knows what he is doing?

Should get an extension early in 2019

But this is my favorite one:

I couldn't care less if it was *hird that coached us to a flag

Shinboner Spirit is for losers. It’s a big load of shot like Bloods Culture.
I’m not referring to the spirit.
My point is you are either a North person or you are not and Scott has spread his allegiances that far and wide between screwing us over with the draft assistance to now this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick search found these gems.
Yep - I think he can coach but a fresh voice and ideas to start a re-build might be more beneficial.
I would be fine if they extend.

There is no way he is as bad a coach as some are making out in this thread. Its why he is being touted as an immediate replacement for the biggest club in the country as well as one of the AFL new expansion teams. If he was no good he would have been written off like Bucks.

End of the day KT you wanted Scott gone since he started in 2010. Never open to the idea that he was good for the Roos. IMO your hatred towards Scott blinds you to the good he is doing.

I don’t mind him going but he has done a good job

Time to extend. Let him do the full re build.

Maybe - just maybe - yoi’re wrong and he actually knows what he is doing?

Should get an extension early in 2019

But this is my favorite one:

I couldn't care less if it was *hird that coached us to a flag
If you had a partner and they asked if their new jeans makes her look fat there’s only 1 answer no matter how bad they make her look.

Media pumping up Brad Scott now...what a surprise! They will have the *filth odds on to finish top 4 by the end of the trade and draft period. :rolleyes:

Bard and dildo… the dream team wins trade week!

Media pumping up Brad Scott now...what a surprise! They will have the *filth odds on to finish top 4 by the end of the trade and draft period. :rolleyes:
I mean, that happens every year regardless of who is coaching them. Then everyone is stunned when their finals losing streak continues. Sack coach, replace coach, repeat.

So for the * fans , this is what you've got to look fwd to..

1. Brad don't start until late Jan as the season is so long and he'd get burnt out.
  2. Likes to be heavily involved with the fitness side of things, did a two week course on it
  3. Doesn't mind if his players are a touch tubby, is very open minded
  4. Doesn't believe in improving your skills as you're already an AFL footballer.
  5. Prefers mature footballers as they have delivered in the past and he sees no reason they won't again.
  6. Likes to give a 45-50 minute speech before a game.
  7. Not big on positional changes during a match as the side picked and positions chosen were correct
  8. Likes to be the boss and do it his way, when he's there of course
  9. Is mad for a ninth placed finishes
  10. Enjoys flirting with C Wilson
  11. Finally, really isn't big on winning as it is all about sustained success.

A match made in heaven.

So for the * fans , this is what you've got to look fwd to..

1. Brad don't start until late Jan as the season is so long and he'd get burnt out.
  2. Likes to be heavily involved with the fitness side of things, did a two week course on it
  3. Doesn't mind if his players are a touch tubby, is very open minded
  4. Doesn't believe in improving your skills as you're already an AFL footballer.
  5. Prefers mature footballers as they have delivered in the past and he sees no reason they won't again.
  6. Likes to give a 45-50 minute speech before a game.
  7. Not big on positional changes during a match as the side picked and positions chosen were correct
  8. Likes to be the boss and do it his way, when he's there of course
  9. Is mad for a ninth placed finishes
  10. Enjoys flirting with C Wilson
  11. Finally, really isn't big on winning as it is all about sustained success.

A match made in heaven.
Does he still only talk to senior players?

I thought it was beneath his dignity to talk with anybody under 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back