Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A random encounter from 12 years ago that even you had forgotten about gets linked to someone in the media this week.

How convenient.
Your point makes no sense.

It was a random encounter.
All that’s being suggested is the irony.

Ask yourself the specifics of it. Everyone can draw their own conclusion.
Of all that things to challenge.

True story: I worked in Subiaco for many years and frequented the same Japanese takeaway joint that the Eagles players often went to. Which is how I was standing behind Jackson Nelson as he was introduced to some of his new teammates, a few days after the draft.

Except I wasn't actually working in Subi the year that Jackson Nelson was drafted, so it couldn't have been him. And I can't remember who it actually was.

Memories fail sometimes, and the longer it goes, the worse it gets.

I know your story is crap. No idiot buys take-away Japanese. You eat it there !

I suspect more like when some of these conversations are discussed under oath, the outraged partners are going to hear some ugly stuff they didn't know.

"Yeah, she does my head in, I want out of the relationship but don't know how to do it, yeah I've been seeing other girls, sure yep I'll stay at your house, mate if you can get her back to WA/NT that would be great" type stuff
This is where this whole process stinks. If I am correct I am led to believe that the partners of the players are the ones that are going hard with the allegations here?

So we could actually have a situation now where the player has used the club and key personnel as cover for them wanting to get away and not look like the villain.

People could be very well getting their names smeared because a player is using them as a scapegoat to get out of a situation they didn’t like.

For all we know the whole get an abortion claim could be nothing than a player shitting his pants of the thought of him being the father and saying Clarko told me you have to get an abortion as an excuse to get the **** out of there.

Re cancelling: if anyone had accusations made about them, they’d be subject to an enquiry. All of us. Depending on our jobs, some would stand down or be stood down.

Clarkson or Fagan haven’t been cancelled. They will get natural justice. They have access to rich guy lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is true.

However most of us would not have the allegations shared openly with our workplace. They would be dealt with confidentially and there would be serious consequences for anyone who broke that confidentiality.

It really pisses me off that this was leaked. And it could only be Hawthorn, Egan or the AFL. It would be easy to narrow down who had access to the report. Why are there no consequences for them?

This is true.

However most of us would not have the allegations shared openly with our workplace. They would be dealt with confidentially and there would be serious consequences for anyone who broke that confidentiality.

It really pisses me off that this was leaked. And it could only be Hawthorn, Egan or the AFL. It would be easy to narrow down who had access to the report. Why are there no consequences for them?
My favourite theory is Brad leaked it to get ahead of Yze for the bummers role. It made me laugh

This is true.

I can’t see it being The AFL leaking, it’s not in their best interests and hardly seems to be in Hawthorn’s best interests either.

My suspicions are either Egan or the players/family legal reps.

if it’s trial by public opinion could Clarkson and co start releasing their own report/events of the allegations to the public domain?

They might be better off sitting tight. Unless someone goes again of course.

The media types seem to have lost a bit of interest in the mud slinging since Clarkson put out his latest statement.

The perpetually outraged will have moved on to something else before long.

Then we can move on to finding out what happened, why it happened and take necessary action.

It really pisses me off that this was leaked. And it could only be Hawthorn, Egan or the AFL
Or it could have been one of those who Egan spoke with.

The leaked copy was water marked with DRAFT which indicates that the copy that was leaked was a version made available to someone for them to review - at least that's a possibility.

Extrapolating, the person with the draft report may have contacted the ABC which may be how the reporter became involved. It would explain how the reporter was able to access the people involved.

Of course, I'm just spit-balling here. I know nothing.

My favourite theory is Brad leaked it to get ahead of Yze for the bummers role. It made me laugh
The best one I've heard is that Sheedy got wind of the report a few weeks ago and that's why he derailed the whole Clarko to * thing.

It's certainly a much more compelling and credible theory than the alternative i.e. he had too many vinos over lunch and decided to run his mouth off in order to give Jimmeh a leg up.

The best one I've heard is that Sheedy got wind of the report a few weeks ago and that's why he derailed the whole Clarko to * thing.

It's certainly a much more compelling and credible theory than the alternative i.e. he had too many vinos over lunch and decided to run his mouth off in order to give Jimmeh a leg up.
I received that text too, gold!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where this whole process stinks. If I am correct I am led to believe that the partners of the players are the ones that are going hard with the allegations here?

So we could actually have a situation now where the player has used the club and key personnel as cover for them wanting to get away and not look like the villain.

People could be very well getting their names smeared because a player is using them as a scapegoat to get out of a situation they didn’t like.

For all we know the whole get an abortion claim could be nothing than a player shitting his pants of the thought of him being the father and saying Clarko told me you have to get an abortion as an excuse to get the * out of there.

Yeah, it's going to be a lot more complex than folks think.

They might be better off sitting tight. Unless someone goes again of course.

The media types seem to have lost a bit of interest in the mud slinging since Clarkson put out his latest statement.

The perpetually outraged will have moved on to something else before long.

Then we can move on to finding out what happened, why it happened and take necessary action.

Given the process looks pretty slow, we need to start thinking about unstanding Clarko down

For all we know the whole get an abortion claim could be nothing than a player shitting his pants of the thought of him being the father and saying Clarko told me you have to get an abortion as an excuse to get the * out of there.
We'll likely never know that. Was the player having second thoughts about relationships given that he would have been experiencing a whole new life and possibilities once he'd arrived in Melbourne? I doubt that the player involved would ever fess up to that even if it were the case.

I can’t see it being The AFL leaking, it’s not in their best interests and hardly seems to be in Hawthorn’s best interests either.

My suspicions are either Egan or the players/family legal reps.
There's another school of thought that the leaks originated from Jeff Kennett. :think:

Or it could have been one of those who Egan spoke with.

The leaked copy was water marked with DRAFT which indicates that the copy that was leaked was a version made available to someone for them to review - at least that's a possibility.

Extrapolating, the person with the draft report may have contacted the ABC which may be how the reporter became involved. It would explain how the reporter was able to access the people involved.

Of course, I'm just spit-balling here. I know nothing.
I hope not, because the families should not have had a copy.

This is not a finalised report. I accept that the intentions were good and the allegations took everyone by surprise, but Egan and Hawthorn knew the seriousness evidenced by the language around human rights abuses and the need for an AFL integrity commission review.

As soon as these allegations came out (prior to the final report) they should have been raised with the president and board, and the appropriate governance agreed.

I am glad Hawthorn were proactive in initiating the conversations, but considering where we are now, the way they are patting themselves on the back is sickening.

They may not have been equipped to deal with the next steps, but they are all board members for a reason and they should be very experienced in putting in place appropriate governance for this type of situation.

It is a shambles, it will hinder us ever getting to the truth and I hope there is an investigation and consequences for how it has been managed.

I hope not, because the families should not have had a copy.

This is not a finalised report. I accept that the intentions were good and the allegations took everyone by surprise, but Egan and Hawthorn knew the seriousness evidenced by the language around human rights abuses and the need for an AFL integrity commission review.

As soon as these allegations came out (prior to the final report) they should have been raised with the president and board, and the appropriate governance agreed.

I am glad Hawthorn were proactive in initiating the conversations, but considering where we are now, the way they are patting themselves on the back is sickening.

They may not have been equipped to deal with the next steps, but they are all board members for a reason and they should be very experienced in putting in place appropriate governance for this type of situation.

It is a shambles, it will hinder us ever getting to the truth and I hope there is an investigation and consequences for how it has been managed.

I can see the families getting draft copies of material relevant to their claims to check for accuracy but they should only have received the parts relevant to them.

I can see the families getting draft copies of material relevant to their claims to check for accuracy but they should only have received the parts relevant to them.
That would seem the sensible thing to do rather than have them reading other material and perhaps embellishing their own original claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back