Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal Twomey saying the Giants would be open to conversations on Lachie Whitfield and Nick Haynes. He's probably on huge money, but I would love Whitfield on a wing for us, would be a huge get. Maybe can give back better draft capital for GWS to pay a little of the salary if it's too rich for us, but should have some cap space with Dunks going...
He's on almost a million a year and his last two years have been 'ok'.
Cost for benefit I'm not sure it works out.

He's on almost a million a year and his last two years have been 'ok'.
Cost for benefit I'm not sure it works out.
Okay i've changed my mind though he was only on about 700-800k and we could potentially get him on 400-500k wouldn't go anywhere near him then

Seems we're just a bystander caught in the crossfire of a bust up between a club and an agent that represents a third of their list and that they're annoyed at for facilitating one of their players unexpectedly moving on a godfather deal.

The "since Logue is going we can't trade Lobb" stuff was a bit odd in how aggressive it was. I doubt they come out remotely that strong if Lobb and Logue have different agents. Will look a bit embarrassing if they end up trading him.
I find it funny if they kept him they would get sweet **** all for him next year.

There's no way we get Whitfield after we've pushed Lachie Hunter out the door for his off field behaviour
Contract and form aside, Whitfield had one incident awhile ago. And whilst i can't even speculate on what Hunter has gone through, i'm not sure they're comparable. Are we even pushing Hunter out or does he himself want a change of scenery? Power is on the record is saying Hunter hasn't requested a trade and expects he'll be at the club next year.

if lobb doesn't happen then an English - Grundy pairing would be mega.

Having said that, if pies pay part of his salary we'd still be up for 700k per year until the end of 2027.

We’ve got the cash, Lobb will be on what 500k for the next two-three anyway you’d think.

It makes sooo much sense

Grundy/English is both a lot better in the ruck and better forward than English/Lobb plus has a good 5 years left. Would genuinely be a dream combo and would have us just about faves for the flag

Why aren’t we having a crack considering the price?? Sounds like Freo want more for Lobb than Pies want for Grundy.

No brainer

Contract and form aside, Whitfield had one incident awhile ago. And whilst i can't even speculate on what Hunter has gone through, i'm not sure they're comparable. Are we even pushing Hunter out or does he himself want a change of scenery? Power is on the record is saying Hunter hasn't requested a trade and expects he'll be at the club next year.

Hunter is GONE mate

Of course Sam Power's not going to say we're pushing him out the door it's negotiating 101 you don't show your hand otherwise the deal coming back will be less..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunter is GONE mate

Of course Sam Power's not going to say we're pushing him out the door it's negotiating 101 you don't show your hand otherwise the deal coming back will be less..
This pushing players out is going to bite the club on the ass with sweet FA likely coming in

Yay some middling draft picks?

Personally I think the club is being precious

If they want to take the choir boy route, Beveridge should go as well

Ever considered that sometimes it's the player that wants to go? If Hunter leaves, maybe it's because he wants a fresh start.

Anyway, your 'big' clubs can shrug of controversy and negativity publicity, not as easy for our club. We don't need it and the more we can do to minimise it, the better and that's whether we keep Hunter or not.

Brisbane and Greater Western Sydney have agreed on a deal that could help the Lions’ pursuit of Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley.

News Corp can reveal the Lions were shopping pick 15 to rival clubs and have found a trade partner in the Giants, who will send them No.21 and a future second-round selection in return.

Can anyone post the article, or relevant parts ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-104406_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-104406_Twitter.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 137
Brisbane and Greater Western Sydney have agreed on a deal that could help the Lions’ pursuit of Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley.

News Corp can reveal the Lions were shopping pick 15 to rival clubs and have found a trade partner in the Giants, who will send them No.21 and a future second-round selection in return.

What’s the rationale on how this helps?

Interesting... Boy do I hope we aren't sending 21 to Freo for Lobb :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back