Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So potentially lions future first and gws future second?

Say pick 15 and 25?

On trade or hit next year's Super draft with 3 picks inside 25ish?

The pessimist may say we'll have 4 picks inside 25....

Dangerous to be assuming ladder positions. I’m sure anyone who grabbed Collingwood 2022 picks would be rueing that considering how quickly they climbed the ladder.

I’d want a player thrown into that as well.

Dangerous to be assuming ladder positions. I’m sure anyone who grabbed Collingwood 2022 picks would be rueing that considering how quickly they climbed the ladder.

I’d want a player thrown into that as well.
I reckon we'd on trade at least one for this year. Plenty of takers for next year's picks.

Dunkley trade aside, that is a strange trade for Brisbane. They've traded out their biggest 2022 asset for less points this year when points are the issue. Is that the best they could've done?
I don’t think it’s that strange. That GWS second rounder is very valuable and a possible pick around 20.

I guess they’re probably hoping that takes care of the Dunkley trade (F1 & GWS 2nd) and they can look at acquiring more points elsewhere.

I know Cam Rayner was shutdown, but it might be an opportunity for Dogs to shake loose any number of players at Brisbane originally from Vic.

Jarrod Berry (i wish)
Noah Answerth

Just to name a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brisbane don’t have a suitable trade, there better not be one of those “gentlemen agreements” that will allow Dunkley to walk to them via the draft/pre season draft for nothing

Yeah not quite sure how that trade helps us. For me, 15 was always supposed to be part of the deal. All future picks does not necessarily help us, there is some sort of premium needed for making us wait longer to realise the compensation. Future picks can be part of the picture but not all of it.

Yeah not quite sure how that trade helps us. For me, 15 was always supposed to be part of the deal. All future picks does not necessarily help us, there is some sort of premium needed for making us wait longer to realise the compensation. Future picks can be part of the picture but not all of it.

It helps Brisbane **** us over. That’s literally it. Means they have less to offer us and they can go 🤷 well it’s all we can afford so you gotta take it

If Brisbane don’t have a suitable trade, there better not be one of those “gentlemen agreements” that will allow Dunkley to walk to them via the draft/pre season draft for nothing

Walk Dunkley to the preseason draft and take him before Brisbane can get him.

p
Brisbane and Greater Western Sydney have agreed on a deal that could help the Lions’ pursuit of Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley.

News Corp can reveal the Lions were shopping pick 15 to rival clubs and have found a trade partner in the Giants, who will send them No.21 and a future second-round selection in return.

Struggle to see how this helps Dunkley deal.

Taranto deal has set the market.

From my limited understanding, teams must have two first-round picks in a four-year period. They then comply with the rules surrounding future first-round draft picks. Brisbane will be making a first round selection this year (#1 due to getting Will Ashcroft)

Would they then be able to trade their first round picks from next year (2023 and 2024) to the dogs for Dunkley? (and whatever else SP might be able to squeeze from them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back