List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a poster said earlier I think in this draft more so than in recent years, we’ll see a lot of players going earlier than we expected as clubs will have their favourites and with such an even spread of talent in the first round in particular, think the order of the top 25 will be hard to predict.

Hoping that means we get a gun fall through to us at 11(12) - Really think Phillipou would suit us perfectly and has star attributes as we have all noted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As a poster said earlier I think in this draft more so than in recent years, we’ll see a lot of players going earlier than we expected as clubs will have their favourites and with such an even spread of talent in the first round in particular, think the order of the top 25 will be hard to predict.

Hoping that means we get a gun fall through to us at 11(12) - Really think Phillipou would suit us perfectly and has star attributes as we have all noted.

I also think it means you might get a F1 plus a sweetener offered in live trading on draft night for picks in the 18-22 range if a player in a clubs top 10 has slid.

3 fresh faces at the draft, 1-2 at the rookie draft. How many players do you want to see come into the club for next season?
Without concerns regarding to where we create list spots.
I think 4 new players on the list would be an ideal quantity, I think our list definitely needs bit of a refresh.

3 fresh faces at the draft, 1-2 at the rookie draft. How many players do you want to see come into the club for next season?
I think 4 new players on the list would be an ideal quantity, I think our list definitely needs bit of a refresh.

I want 7 new faces: Lobb, Jones, 4 draft and 1 rookie.

Wing, KPD, small forward, VFL player and rookie a ruck.

I want to take at least 4 in the draft, ideally 5. But that’s not looking likely with majority of our list signed up for 2023.

I want to take at least 4 in the draft, ideally 5. But that’s not looking likely with majority of our list signed up for 2023.

Yeah and as Golden_6 said in the list management thread, our age profile for younger players could do with some work.
Thinking longer term we have the building blocks for a good team in the future but it’s obviously less than ideal to go to the trade period trying to find the supporting blocks

So do we reach for Weddle? We're crying out for someone like him and he's basically a Dale Morris that can kick.

Other than that we go with a slider at 21 who fills a position that we need and then best available at 39. Holding out hope that 39 ends up being Phillips because he and Weddle would be a great defensive duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright folks, what's the 30 second snapshot for someone who hasn't paid attention to the draft at all.

Who do we want so I can be mad when we pick someone different who I know equally little about on draft night?

Three KPDs at the top end. Jedd Busslinger, elite interceptor but might be a tad slow, top 10. Lewis Hayes, big and tough but might have some problems with endurance, maybe 15-25. Josh Weddle, very good on talls, can manage smalls, bit undersized, 15-25 also.

Jacob Konstanty is a good small forward. Lachie Cowan a good general defender/wing.

So do we reach for Weddle? We're crying out for someone like him and he's basically a Dale Morris that can kick.

Other than that we go with a slider at 21 who fills a position that we need and then best available at 39. Holding out hope that 39 ends up being Phillips because he and Weddle would be a great defensive duo.

Dream draft would be 11: Hoping Humphery slides, Trade a future pick in to get Weddle, 21: Cowan and 39: Van E's or if Clarke slides. But Humphery and Phillipou will be gone by 11, same for Busslinger. So we will be left with the types of mids we do not really need at 11. Hence I'd be happy splitting it on draft night.

But realistically we will probably just use 11, 21 and 39 outright. If the club feels Weddle is worth pick 11, I'd be okay with "reaching" than risk missing out.

Alright folks, what's the 30 second snapshot for someone who hasn't paid attention to the draft at all.

Who do we want so I can be mad when we pick someone different who I know equally little about on draft night?
Impact Mid/Fwds with body strength, burst speed and goal sense: Phillipou, Humphery

Wingers: Hewitt, Cowan, Sinn, Allan

Tall Intercept Defender: Busslinger, Hayes

Strong Bodied Shut Down Defender: Weddle, Van E's

Small Forwards: Konstanty, Clarke

Last edited:
I personally like Oliver Hollands on the wing to but it would be nice to also see him go up to the Gold Coast with his brother

The only ruck I’ve really enjoyed watching has been Harry Barnett

Wouldn’t be annoyed with anyone we took this year just because this group is so even, unless we just went stupid and went for 3 rucks with our first three picks 😝

Bit to shake out with pick swaps, but Eagles will presumably take 1 of Ginbey, Busslinger, Hewett or Allan ahead of us at 8. No SA teams in front of us, so Philippou might slip through.

Dream outcome for me would be:

11: Phillipou
21: Weddle
34: van Es

In reality, could see Weddle going in the teens and van Es going in the 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back