Banter TRTT Part 13: 2021 Goodbye (To 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's was posted in all its glory on the previous page. Why do you need me to repeat it?

Gina's company has set up many indigenous charities/foundations/scholarships, do you think the indigenous people that are benefiting from these things should tell her to stick it up her arse because of what her dead father said 40 years ago?
Pretty sure she has benefitted more than any of the communities she has ‘programs’.

She could have denounced her fathers views but she chose to remove her partnership.

Who’s virtual signalling? IMO it is Gina

Her father beliefs (the man who built her fortune off stolen land and decades of atrocities for those people who first lived there) - his beliefs literally would mean that one of the players on the current team (that his daughter sponsors) - would not exist.

It doesn’t have to be a zero sum game. But for Gina and her family - it is.

Pretty sure she has benefitted more than any of the communities she has ‘programs’.

She could have denounced her fathers views but she chose to remove her partnership.

Who’s virtual signalling? IMO it is Gina

Her father beliefs (the man who built her fortune off stolen land and decades of atrocities for those people who first lived there) - his beliefs literally would mean that one of the players on the current team (that his daughter sponsors) - would not exist.

It doesn’t have to be a zero sum game. But for Gina and her family - it is.

Community programs are scraps from the table from someone whose personal wealth is utterly obscene. Billionaires should not exist.

I notice that in this post, you left out what he said. Why did you make the decision to do that?

Why don't you type out what he said in your post rather than glossing over it? That way we can all read it, and we can all judge for ourselves whether we think it's something that Netball Australia should associated itself with.
Cmon Schulzy wtf. Do you take ownership for what your father said 40 odd years ago? No doubt it was reprehensible but she isn't her father.

Players are taking issue. That's fair enough they don't want to be be sponsored by anything relating to Hancock - Reinhardt has done the right thing and pulled her sponsorship, so players should be happy now.

Negligence here is with Netball Australia who should have collaborated with players before signing off.

Someone should do a reaction clip on Smithfield Plains or Davoren Park that'd shrink ya hometown pride boner to extended ice bath proportions.

Cmon Schulzy wtf. Do you take ownership for what your father said 40 odd years ago? No doubt it was reprehensible but she isn't her father.
It's her father's name that was gonna be going on the guernsey though, wasn't it?

It's her father's name that was going on the guernsey though, isn't it?

Not that it's the point, but FWIW my father didn't say any reprehensible s**t 40 years ago.
The point is you had NO control of what your father may or may not have said 40 years ago.

Again, the issue here is with Netball Australia who should've collaborated with players before taking the money.

Someone should do a reaction clip on Smithfield Plains or Davoren Park that'd shrink ya hometown pride boner to extended ice bath proportions.

Bridgewater/gagebrook and Clarendon Vale in Hobart make smiffield plains look like Dulwich.

Adelaide suburbs aren't so bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is you had NO control of what your father may or may not have said 40 years ago.

Again, the issue here is with Netball Australia who should've collaborated with players before taking the money.

YES. In my view NA management has shown several areas of incompetence. That includes an apparent mismanagement of finances exacerbated by poor programming and expansion plans for the sport and negotiations with player representatives for improved player payments that they were in no position to accommodate. This is what led to the negotiations for major sponsorship changes that saw NA reach out to Hancock Prospecting, a mining and agricultural business run by Gina Rinehart - the daughter of Lang Hancock who owns the company and has kept her father's name for her business.

YES. In my view NA demonstrated fundamental management incompetence in failing to consult with their main asset (i.e. their players) before fundamentally shifting the direction and focus of the branding, marketing and advertising of what is in fact an iconic and world recognised Australian sports team.

But the issue raised by some in this thread and by your post relates solely to the decision by Australia's international players to object to wearing the name 'Hancock' on their Australian sporting uniforms.

A bigoted racist who called for the sterilisation of Aboriginal people because they were an inconvenience to his business interests.

YES. In my view we cannot be held responsible for the actions of our parents and siblings. But we sure as heck are responsible for refusing to condemn them.

THAT is what you can have control over.

The issue here is to understand why NO Australian player in any sport in 2022 should EVER be forced to wear the name of Hancock on their Australian representative uniform for purely commercial interests. And to hope that the message of why that is the case gets widely publicised and understood.

Last edited:
I'd be ropeable if the 3 main sponsors of my club were a heavy polluting mining and steel making company, a manufacturing company that not only produces millions of air polluting cars but is owned by a State that partakes in censorship, coercion and massive human rights violations, and finally a company that murders millions of inhumanely caged battery hens every day. Ropeable!

I'd be ropeable if the 3 main sponsors of my club were a heavy polluting mining and steel making company, a manufacturing company that not only produces millions of air polluting cars but is owned by a State that partakes in censorship, coercion and massive human rights violations, and finally a company that murders millions of inhumanely caged battery hens every day. Ropeable!
Yeah, but how good are the chips

Good on people for standing up for what they believe in, but also, good on those who just shut up and take the money!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Wasn't thinking about games today when I packed in a hurry, but right now, left the hospital, in a hotel room, and I would murder someone for a laptop with some Age of Empires 2 or Battle for Middle Earth on it.

Getting transferred to the Lyell Mcewin. The bloody Elizabeth hospital. I hope my immediate thoughts and conceptions are misconceptions.

One of the best in the state.

Cause if his father said something 40 years ago it would reach all of 20 people, not 20 million. And in your example Schulzenfest didn’t become filthy ****ing rich because of an inheritance from said father.

And let’s not pretend ordinary people don’t ever suffer repercussions of their parents actions. Mostly their actions don’t affect that many people and we don’t have that much to lose, but **** me there would be scores of ordinary joes with stories of what their parents opinions / actions cost them.

Yes netball Australia ****ed up.

But Gina is entirely open to criticism of her fathers opinions, when her fathers insane wealth (which came from stolen land which his business is plundering and destroying) has made her a billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back