Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is that the obvious player to have him in ahead of is actually Butters.

This is on Kane Cornes IMO. He's the guy who watched all of our games and should be advocating reality. It's on him that JHF didn't get in.

The funny thing is that the obvious player to have him in ahead of is actually Butters.

This is on Kane Cornes IMO. He's the guy who watched all of our games and should be advocating reality. It's on him that JHF didn't get in.
no way

Very unlucky to not make the AA as he is a super high impact player at multiple positions.

With the AA team, there are always a few guys who couldn't be squeezed onto the team.

These awards are nice but you have to keep your eye on the prize.

If the Sex Panther dominates the finals, the AA selectors will have egg on their face.
Hopefully he will dominate the finals and everyone else will see what we who watch port every week already know. That will make his reputation and then he will be AA for the following 8 years in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butter stats were better but I have JHF as our best player for the year. Just always there when we needed him
I see where you are coming from. the reality is they both had epic years, but i have butters ahead, mainly due to him barely having a bad game and being much more consistent. Coaches and a pannel of 10 selectors agreed with me too.

Coaches and a pannel of 10 selectors agreed with me too.

Splitting hairs but the AFLCA votes had Butters on 78 from 23 games and JHF on 75 from 21 games. I'd say there isn't much splitting them from the perspective of the coaches.

I would favour JHF because of the way he shapes games and genuinely influences results beyond just being one of the best players on the team.

JHF is one of the few midfield-forward who can kick 30-40 goals and average 25 touches a game. Imagine when he can kick goals on the run from beyond the 50.

He seriously could potentially be the best ever player for Port. He already has overtaken Rozee and is neck and neck with Butters. Another pre-season and he could make a case to be Port’s best player at 22.

Last edited:
I think JHF was more important to us than Butters, just slightly. That's no slight on Butters who is an absolutely phenomenal player and also has put us on his back again and again this season.

JHF is just something else. Just wills himself into the game at the key moments in a way that we haven't seen in the AFL era, even ahead of the likes of Robbie, Gav and Tredders. His reading of the play and reaction time and ability to power away from the contest, as well as using the ball so, so well, he's just a complete footballer.

To have both of these guys at the same time in their early 20s is unbelievable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back